Arpey's Gotta Go tagline/mantra

Wouldn't most people be fired for habitually lying, consistently losing billions, and having no sustainable business plan but to keep asking employees for more concessions after 8 years? No? Well.... I guess not at the Centerpork Black Hole of Bonuses for Losers.

Who said anything about burning the place down? You did, not me, I'd love to see AA prosper and grow. I'm just sick and tired of being asked to pay for continued leAAdership failures, while the "anointed ones" get rewarded for them. Shared Sacrifice my a$$....

You fire the coach for a consistently losing seasons, not the team.

Hell, we can't even get a cost of living increase without agreeing to more concessions, and that ain't gonna happen either. 2003 wasn't permanent concessions, I don't care what Brundage the brick says, I want my return on my $180,000+ investment.

Restore and more? HA!!! No, that's only for "those" people...right E?

Get out the Flame Thrower if that's the plan mAAnagement has...screw the matches.

OK, so now that you've fired all the current management, I guess you should just burn the place down, because apparently nobody else is going to be seen as any different, unless they agree to "restore and more".... and that ain't gonna happen.

Eric,

No one said or wants to purposely "burn the place down". When I first hired on with AA 25 years ago I could sense the pride that the AMTs, and other work groups, had coming to work. Crandall was at the helm and yes people grumbled about how tight he was and he was a SOB, etc. BUT no one would EVER complain that Crandall was a liar and crook.

Fast forward 25 years and what we have is a person who people feel has LIED to and STOLEN from us. There is no more pride FOR our company any longer just pride in what we do as a profession.

Now WHEN the current team of management "bricks" are removed will the replacements bee seen any different? It depends on who takes the helm honestly. To turn this place around will take someone who is honest and treats the employees as people who provide and maintain the very product being sold to the public. It will of course also take someone willing to return the LOAN that labor gave eight years ago. Will this happen? I say NEVER SAY NEVER.

Reactions: 1 person
At some point y'all need to put down the pitchforks and axes and decide if you want the company to survive. And as long as there's a total distrust of anyone in management, you're screwed.

Reactions: 1 person
At some point y'all need to put down the pitchforks and axes and decide if you want the company to survive. And as long as there's a total distrust of anyone in management, you're screwed.

Okay, where is your advice on the axes the company continues to wield against us?

No one wants to see the company's demise. they may say it out of anger, but no one wants to see it.
For those who say "let em go bankrupt", they really need to stop and think what it means.
If they believe a bankruptcy judge will automatically give us the company's last offer, they are sadly mistaken.
The company will say that offer was made when they were still viable. A bankruptcy judge will gut the contracts and rewrite em at the company's bequest.

But then, after they ask the judge to abbrogate all labor agreements, the company will ask that same BK judge to honor and increase the compensation packages of the executives so that they may retain the key talent "through these oh so difficult times, etc.etc.etc,,,,blah blah blah."

That's the way it works, boys and girls.......Because, after all, management is always right and always deserving of their compensation.

Reactions: 2 people
... snip

Now WHEN the current team of management "bricks" are removed will the replacements bee seen any different? It depends on who takes the helm honestly. To turn this place around will take someone who is honest and treats the employees as people who provide and maintain the very product being sold to the public. It will of course also take someone willing to return the LOAN that labor gave eight years ago. Will this happen? I say NEVER SAY NEVER.

What you're describing is an executive that's honest with his/her people, very much like Crandall was. Today's executives are more on the order of politicians - ie, professional liars and thieves.

The only "honest executive" I'm aware of lives on the same street as the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus.

Reactions: 2 people
What you're describing is an executive that's honest with his/her people, very much like Crandall was. Today's executives are more on the order of politicians - ie, professional liars and thieves.

The only "honest executive" I'm aware of lives on the same street as the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus.

"Our people are our single greatest strength and most enduring longterm competitive advantage."
Gary Kelly, CEO Southwest Airlines

So are you saying that you wouldn't gladly work under WN leadership, culture, contract, and pay rates? I don't think ad hominem attacks are necessary and much like you don't like it when I paint all union workers with the same brush you shouldn't do the same with executives. Everyone and every organization has an agenda. AMR needed the concessions in 2003 for the company to continue operating. Other workgroups also made sacrifices including management. Look at CEOs like Vikram Pandit (Citigroup), Steve Jobs (Apple), Lloyd Blankfein (Goldman Sachs), Alan Mulally (Ford) that are well respected by their subordinates and it shows. The bitterness and hostility towards management isn't unique to AMR but its also misplaced.

Josh

Josh, how many times do you need to hear why we have such hostility toward manage
ments attitude and continued distrust of them. Its been explained to you at the lowest commom denominator now at least a dozen times. I for one am really getting bored of the whole douchebag routine!

Gary Kelly, CEO Southwest Airlines

So are you saying that you wouldn't gladly work under WN leadership, culture, contract, and pay rates? I don't think ad hominem attacks are necessary and much like you don't like it when I paint all union workers with the same brush you shouldn't do the same with executives. Everyone and every organization has an agenda. AMR needed the concessions in 2003 for the company to continue operating. Other workgroups also made sacrifices including management. Look at CEOs like Vikram Pandit (Citigroup), Steve Jobs (Apple), Lloyd Blankfein (Goldman Sachs), Alan Mulally (Ford) that are well respected by their subordinates and it shows. The bitterness and hostility towards management isn't unique to AMR but its also misplaced.

Josh

You really don'r know what an ad hominem attack is, you little twit.

Go away.

Even Wall Street wants to know what happened to the innovative airline AMR once was...

AMR Q1 Transcript

And let's go to Jamie Baker with JP Morgan.

Jamie Baker - JP Morgan Chase & Co

"Gerard, I'm normally not the type to go around quoting Einstein, but I'm pretty sure he was the one that said that insanity is defined by doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results. AMR at onetime was an airline that was willing to take a pioneering role in the industry. Obviously, thinking about the creation of the Frequent Flyer program, buying individual theaters it ultimately rolled up into Eagle, a proposition of a be scale value pricing, the basic tenets of revenue management. These all can be traced back to AMR. And I realize that maybe not all of these ideas were good ideas that they were still ideas that were provocative and they shook things up. Is there any assurance you can give us that you might be working on something similarly radical today? Above and beyond cornerstones, above and beyond new flights to Helsinki. Something truly different that would signal that you're trying to retake leadership position in the industry that AMR once held and produce profits for your stakeholders. I'm quite confident that the market would reward you for some really fresh thinking."

They asked that three months ago. Try quoting something a little more recent that hasn't been powered here three or four times already....

They asked that three months ago. Try quoting something a little more recent that hasn't been powered here three or four times already....