ATL satellite base transfer awarded for April 2009 flying

Dignity

Veteran
Sep 1, 2008
Visit site
145 Flight Attendants have been awarded positions for the new ATL satellite base.

These Flight Attendants seniority ranges from the most senior at 45 years and the most junior at 17 years for the first initial transfer into ATL.

Many Flight Attendants who have shown interest, have PQ (Purser qualified) and LOD (Language of Destination) qualifications, as well as Sports Charter qualified.

There are to be three bidding periods for these deployments to the satellite base. The first wave has been completed. Two additional bidding periods are forthcoming for transfers later spring and early summer 2009 transfers.

The ATL satellite base has been a very popular program around the system. Flight Attendants from all seniority ranges have shown great interest in these new flying opportunities.

Those interested Flight Attendants seniority ranges from the most senior to newly hired accross several US bases coast to coast.

The Bidding period for the new SLC satellite base has not been made available at this time.

These transfer awards are scheduled early summer for June Flying at SLC.

Congratulations Flight Attendants on your new satellite base assignments!

I hope all who are currently on bidding lists for additional transfers are successfully awarded the base of their choice. I wish successful transfer into satellite and newly opened bases for both Flight Attendant groups.

I wonder how many of these F/A's have clock numbers that start with a "1?"
I only know the actual number of people who transferred and the seniority ranges, as I did not actually go through the entire list of actual awards..

I recall however viewing a glimpse of the pending transfer list that was made available and it seems only the SSN number was available and of course their individual qualifications as well the current base assigned. I assume based upon the people who commute from ATL, there are many who were formerly ATL based and were there prior to the NWO/RAL merger.

Many I have flown with are former Southern Airways and Republic..who commute from ATL. But also there are those who were hired after the merger from that area as well. It was interesting how you could tell where the Flight Attendant recruitment teams had visited each part of the country and held their open houses.. as one training class would have many from the South, and other classes from the East or West Coasts.

These people have been waiting a very long time to transfer back to their original city. I am so excited for these Flight Attendants to have the ability once again to be where they started their careers and also originated their initial interviews..for this flying opportunity.

Many Flight Attendants who have shown interest, have PQ (Purser qualified) and LOD (Language of Destination) qualifications, as well as Sports Charter qualified.

I have never heard of PQ (I am an AMT) could you please explain.
LOD i have heard of and understand.
I didn't know that there was a qual. for charters.

I have never heard of PQ (I am an AMT) could you please explain.
A PQ designates a Flight Attendant has successfully applied, met all criteria for qualification and completed a Purser training program.. qualifying to bid specific PQ patterns. These men and women oversee the cabin on international flights, specifically wide-body A330 and 747/744 Internationals including International charters, however are also assigned to narrow body Interport and European destinations.

The initial screening criteria is quite high, a record free of discipline is mandatory(past record and maintaining that present to future) and excellent interpersonal skills highly desirable and successful completion of Purser training..they also have a different set of wings that signify Purser worn on assigned flights at this time.

They are some of the most professional crew members I have ever flown with...in my entire career and in my opinion a true asset to the new airline.

To my understanding this program is either going to be adopted or the name will be used. I am not quite sure as I am simply a regular line Flight Attendant.
LOD i have heard of and understand.
then of course you understand LOD as mentioned ..its basically the same program for language speakers
I didn't know that there was a qual. for charters.
a Flight Attendant is required to apply for Sports Charters.

in order to qualify for a Sports Charter, the criteria again is very high.. those Flight Attendants must complete an initial interview and then additional training based on specific service and duties. They also are apparently designated as qualified in order to bid specific sports charters that are made available at the base or when the need for staffing arise. Those Flight Attendants have a specific designation as it is a part of their qualification.

they can pull up a Flight Attendant's synopsis and view their current qualifications...Some individual Flight Attendants are aircraft qualified, PQ, LOD and Sports Charter qualified! some are aircraft and PQ, LOD qualified, while others are aircraft LOD qualified and so on.. each Flight Attendant has a unique qualification based on their interest and successful completion of additional training offered.

Now we do have charters that a line Flight Attendant may bid for that are separate from Sports charters, such as Military or any other for whatever reason, but some patterns are solely designated Sports Charters which those Flight Attendant bid specifically. I believe the Press Charters they too have to successfully complete an interview.

I am primarily a domestic Flight Attendant(my schedule for the most part).. so of course I stand corrected on any of that information!

New term for me what is a clock number?
It is the employee number. At NWA, you can tell who someone was with and when then were hired by their employee (clock) number.

Those starting with "0" were original Northwest, those starting with "14" would be Ducks (Republic), those starting with "2" would be post Checchi LBO...etc...

You could also tell (generally) a persons seniority by their number.

Much animosity has occurred over those numbers. I am not sure how they will continue with the newest merger/buyout.

I expect it to continue.

Correct me if I am wrong Kev.

those starting with "2" would be post Checchi LBO...etc...
I am not sure for other groups, but the Flight Attendants hired after the NWO/RAL merger continued to have a "0" as their first number..and continued through December of 1988...when the continuation of hiring proceeded and the first classes started in January 1989, the numbers changed to a "2" prior to the arrival of Checchi and Co. as the first number for the new hire Flight Attendants..

in 1989 the NWO and RAL Flight Attendants were integrated that same year bidding/flying together.....

I know that when UA & US were going to merge years back, they had plans to issue new #'s to everyone in order to avoid the issue of being able to tell who came from what airline. At this point US/HP still have a mix and match of emp #'s, but they also issued what they call a badge/ID # to everyone. I would assume that they plan to switch over to this at some point. I think that DL should do the same, as this has caused problems for non-revs at certain stations.

Correct me if I am wrong Kev.

Pretty much dead on... Only thing I'd add is that it's especially easy to gauge seniority on 200 series numbers...

I know that when UA & US were going to merge years back, they had plans to issue new #'s to everyone in order to avoid the issue of being able to tell who came from what airline..... I would assume that they plan to switch over to this at some point. I think that DL should do the same, as this has caused problems for non-revs at certain stations.

I've been told by local management that this is the plan. FWIW, we at NW have already received "new" employee numbers in addition to our current ones... I don't know if these are interim assignments or not...We still use our regular ones for everything except accessing DeltaNet...

I am not sure for other groups, but the Flight Attendants hired after the NWO/RAL merger continued to have a "0" as their first number..and continued through December of 1988...when the continuation of hiring proceeded and the first classes started in January 1989, the numbers changed to a "2" prior to the arrival of Checchi and Co. as the first number for the new hire Flight Attendants..

in 1989 the NWO and RAL Flight Attendants were integrated that same year bidding/flying together.....
from a exnwafa red tail , green tail , lol i was hired 4/1990 and my number started with a 2 , best friend ral 1 number

from a exnwafa red tail , green tail , lol i was hired 4/1990 and my number started with a 2 , best friend ral 1 number

Hi Jaaafa!

Red Tail...Green Tail....(the memories and the adventure!)

anyway...I was referring to all those new hires considered NW hired after the merger such as 1988 hires...those were "0"..then in early 1989 it changed..it seems everyone else keep their pre-merger numbers otherwise..

Hi Jaaafa!

Red Tail...Green Tail....(the memories and the adventure!)

anyway...I was referring to all those new hires considered NW hired after the merger such as 1988 hires...those were "0"..then in early 1989 it changed..it seems everyone else keep their pre-merger numbers otherwise..
glad to bring back some memories for ya. i am aa now and we can tell aa/twa/rno etc by their numbers . so like i say same story different uniform. fly safe jaafa