ATL satellite base transfer awarded for April 2009 flying

glad to bring back some memories for ya. i am aa now and we can tell aa/twa/rno etc by their numbers . so like i say same story different uniform. fly safe jaafa
I hope you are at a place in your life.. that is truly where you want to be and most importantly happy!

Fly safely and take care..

an additional 145 Flight Attendants were awarded transfers to the ATL satellite base on March 6th..

These Flight Attendant seniority ranges for the second bidding, from the most senior at 41 years and the most junior at 2 years for the second transfer into ATL.

These Flight Attendants will join the base for May flying.

Bid period three for ATL and the initial bid for SLC begins in April.

Congratulations Flight Attendants on your new base assignments including those to the new MSP base as well!

I glimpsed through the S-ATL bid packet for April..

The two A330 flights and patterns for Purser and Flight Attendants are FCO-Rome and LGW-London Gatwick..

but interesting the 744 to HNL-Honolulu is not staffed with a full S-ATL crew nor a Purser pattern.. as there were limited S-ATL Flight Attendant positions for HNL originating at ATL..

I stand corrected.. but apparently the Purser and Flight Attendants for the 744 to HNL must originate from another base for April flying..

additional cities are added through June..(from what I can tell at this point its going to be an all International base)

The two A330 flights and patterns for Purser and Flight Attendants are FCO-Rome and LGW-London Gatwick..

Will this flight replace the (old) DAL ATL-FCO flight that has been done for years? I used to know a DAL f/a who flew nothing but ATL-FCO.

If I understand this thread correctly, you are talking about former NWA f/as transferring to ATL to fly International flights? Is the reason for the "satellite" base because you don't have a unified contract yet?

If I understand this thread correctly, you are talking about former NWA f/as transferring to ATL to fly International flights?
Correct

Is the reason for the "satellite" base because you don't have a unified contract yet?

Because we have not voted on union representation yet, much less ratified a contract.
Secondly, because we are not cross-trained on each other's a/c yet.
Thirdly, because we have not received a Single Operating Certificate from the FAA yet (although I have heard debate that we don't have to wait for this to fly on each other's a/c as the FAA has approved the Training Program for FAs.)

Will this flight replace the (old) DAL ATL-FCO flight that has been done for years? I used to know a DAL f/a who flew nothing but ATL-FCO.
I have no idea? (I am pre-merger NW)

If I understand this thread correctly, you are talking about former NWA f/as transferring to ATL to fly International flights?

yes.

they are NW Flight Attendants system wide (wearing the Richard Tyler Collection) who are transferring to a NW satellite base, and to my knowledge and what Ive seen...the ATL satellite base will be all international..

SLC satellite Flight Attendants apparently will fly the nonstop to NRT..

Is the reason for the "satellite" base because you don't have a unified contract yet?
in our contract we have a provision to open satellite bases.. S-ATL opens for April and S-SLC opens in June..

basically it is because of the two operating certificates at this time..and each pre-merger crew is following their 'pre-merger' aircraft..

currently NW and DAL fly under their own operating certificates..

however, they have shifted aircraft from hubs/bases righting markets and positioning aircraft where it makes the most sense..

for example,

they will place.. I believe a 767 at MSP-Minneapolis to fly the non-stop to CDG-Paris..but since that aircraft is operated by DAL and under their certificate, it will be crewed by DAL Flight Attendants..I believe a 767 will be deployed to DTW-Detroit for an International flight..again crewed by DAL Flight Attendants but there will not be a base at DTW because there was not enough to successfully bid to open a base there..

there are some more substitutions but I dont remember them all...I think pre-merger DAL crews will fly GUM-Guam from NRT-Tokyo on their aircraft..

they have in turn placed NW A330 and 744 at ATL and soon to be SLC...(I believe SLC it will be a A330-200)

however..these satellite bases are temporary (the NW Flight Attendant are still based at their original bases such as MSP, SFO...DTW...and so on..)...when there is a SOC and all Flight Attendants have been cross-trained, that flying will once again be absorbed back into ATL for all DAL Flight Attendants to bid in seniority order based on qualifications..and the satellite Flight Attendants return to their former 'NW' bases..

or

if there is successful representation, to my understanding..will be available to bid again after a ratified contract..

Because we have not voted on union representation yet, much less ratified a contract.

this is why AFA needs to address seniority integration and have an election.. we need resolution..

we need a combined Seniority list..

we need to determine representational issues...in order to,

1) accept representation..they begin the process of negotiating a combined contract..(they should be doing this right now prior to the SOC) so there would be a contract vote and after ratification we all begin flying together..shortly after a SOC.

2) without representation, after cross training all Flight Attendants are able to bid..all flying..immediately after a SOC.

by delaying these issues only pushes the group being combined further into the future in the event of successful representation...and we cannot enjoy the full benefits of the merger..

that is why we need to vote on an election. so we, the Flight Attendants can move forward.. determined by the majority.

The fact that new satellite bases have been established for DAL and NWA FAs has NOTHING to do with our representation election timeline or the integration of our seniority lists.

Even if the representation election and the integration of our seniority lists were already completed, there would still be satellite bases because we have not been trained on each carrier's aircraft.

This kind of information has been disseminated over and over - please start paying attention to it rather than posting emotional messages that somehow tie our election and seniority integration to this issue .... it is misinformation!

Delta must submit a training program to the FAA for approval before the "cross-training" actually begins. Right now, we've only received communication that training will start sometime this spring or summer system-wide.

In addition, "when" we are allowed to fly together is solely tied to the FAA's approval of a Single Operating Certificate. Being cross-trained on aircraft is just one part of the SOC process.

The fact that new satellite bases have been established for DAL and NWA FAs has NOTHING to do with our representation election timeline or the integration of our seniority lists.

I believe most people understand that.. furthermore regarding my comments never tied the election or seniority integration to satellite bases anywhere in this thread..

Even if the representation election and the integration of our seniority lists were already completed, there would still be satellite bases because we have not been trained on each carrier's aircraft.

that is true, but nothing is preventing having seniority integration meetings or having an election prior to the SOC..

This kind of information has been disseminated over and over - please start paying attention to it rather than posting emotional messages that somehow tie our election and seniority integration to this issue .... it is misinformation!

there has been absolutely no misinformation posted in this thread..other than absolute facts and personal opinions..

Delta must submit a training program to the FAA for approval before the "cross-training" actually begins. Right now, we've only received communication that training will start sometime this spring or summer system-wide.

I believe most people understand that but again...nothing is preventing having seniority integration meetings or having an election..

In addition, "when" we are allowed to fly together is solely tied to the FAA's approval of a Single Operating Certificate. Being cross-trained on aircraft is just one part of the SOC process.

sorta like this?

"1) accept representation..they begin the process of negotiating a combined contract..(they should be doing this right now prior to the SOC) so there would be a contract vote and after ratification we all begin flying together..shortly after a SOC.

2) without representation, after cross training all Flight Attendants are able to bid..all flying..immediately after a SOC."

could you please somewhere point out the "misinformation"..

I feel you need to go back and re-read the entire thread..

personally feel we should have seniority integration and the election completed and if representation is elected...in order to be well into the process of obtaining a contract prior to an SOC.. so..both groups can shortly or immediately(without representation) benefit after a successful SOC instead of pushing this issue farther into the future with an undetermined timeline..(keeping both groups separate)

what I do not understand is how other employee groups have resolved all their issues yet, the Flight Attendants have not.. other than a one-side Seniority Integration recommendation..

there is a big world out there, in order to successfully navigate through the challenges of life.. one must attempt or have a wiliness to sit down and resolve issues and cooperate..

the opportunity for more doors to open will absolutely be a reality as opposed to a refusal..

cooperate
1 : to act or work with another or others : act together 2 : to associate with another or others for mutual benefit