New Slt Base

kirkpatrick

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Long Island, NY
Friday's hotline indicates the company intends to open an AA side to the STL base on Oct 1. The new base, SLT, will fly only AA equipment. SLT first began with 23 ex-TWA people who received AA training for the purpose of merging the seniority lists last year, and closed with the furlough of the last TWA FA on July 2.

They say they will need 100 people. Question: does this look like more forced transfers? I wouldn't think those flying the LLC operation at STL would be able to transfer as that would lead to openings at STL.

Here's the gist of it from the Sept. 5 hotline:

Due to the conversion of TWA LLC aircraft to the American Airlines operating certificate, the Company has announced a need for up to 100 Flight Attendants at the AA St. Louis base (SLT) effective October 1, 2003. Flight Attendants who transfer to SLT will only fly American Airlines aircraft. If you wish to transfer to SLT, You must indicate your preferences by following the instructions in HIDIR/FA/TFR. To view a list of your current preferences, type 3* in your DECS personal mode. All standing transfer requests to SLT were purged by the Company on September 4, 2003. If you were previously requesting a transfer to SLT, you must re-enter your preference. Be sure to correctly note your preferences as SLT and not STL as there are currently no openings at the STL base. Please be advised that once a transfer has been granted to the SLT base, the Company has indicated that it will exercise its right under Article 12.D.1 to deny a Flight Attendant's option of rescinding this transfer. This is due to base staffing issues.

It looks like the STL draw down is continuing as 30 more forced transfers are getting to go home, I believe to MIA, SFO and DCA (but it might be LAX, not sure from what I read)