Attended Stan Herman's meeting today in Phoenix

TheNewLowFare

Senior
Aug 31, 2005
:) I went to Stan Herman's today in Phoenix and left feeling good about the designer. He has won a lifetime award in the fashion industry and also the President of the Designers in New York.

He asked us what we want to see in the uniforms and what we don't want to see.

1. First we covered the style, fabric and then went over the color.

2. Definetely no aviator shirts

3. We told him that we don't like the NO TIE look on men in the west. Women is okay, but definetely not the men.

4. He showed us a nice looking tie and he said he's going to play around with it. He's talking about the symphony of blues.

5. Definetely no frumpy looking uniforms. THey are going to be form fitting, classic and timeless.

6. Nice fabrics that are wrinkle-free

7. We told him that we want optional vests for both men and women. For summer and winter that can be layered with sweaters and jackets.

8. He told us that he doesn't like the fit of our jackets and our current uniforms because they are too squared and boxy.

9. Definetely no gray. He said it's a bad luck color and he just doesn't see it as a color for US Airways.

10. Some women like scarves and some don't. He said he's going to play around with it, so the top would look good with or without it.

11. He said red is a challenging color to work with and he doesn't want us to look like Delta, so "maybe" red is an optional accent color.

I think he's going to do a good job. We addressed our concerns and what we want to see in the uniforms.
:)

As the uniform is now the tie less option looks like doo, however with the right style shirt it would look very nice. It is waaaay to hot on those 737's right now to be wearing a tie.

As the uniform is now the tie less option looks like doo, however with the right style shirt it would look very nice. It is waaaay to hot on those 737's right now to be wearing a tie.

We did address that, he's going to play around with shirts. We did tell him that our current aviator shirts are so tight in the collar that you feel like you're being choked.

My suggestion is go to the meeting in PHL or CLT and bring some samples of fabrics and styles that you want to see.

We did address the "COAT" optional uniform. Most of us hate that the trench coat that we have now. (Our winter coats are the same as US East) They are bulky, too long and it's a pain in the ass to drag around.

We did address that, he's going to play around with shirts. We did tell him that our current aviator shirts are so tight in the collar that you feel like you're being choked.

My suggestion is go to the meeting in PHL or CLT and bring some samples of fabrics and styles that you want to see.

We did address the "COAT" optional uniform. Most of us hate that the trench coat that we have now. (Our winter coats are the same as US East) They are bulky, too long and it's a pain in the ass to drag around.
I'm trying to make it to one of the meetings, however my schedule is not allowing it. I'll tell ya, I'm all for Business Casual (Corporate Casual, whatever you call it) as long as it has some class. I was also all for the tie less option with our current uniform but the more I go tie less with it the more I feel like a scrub. Mostly because our current uniform(s) was never meant to be tie less. I hope that we have a uniform that will look really nice with or without a tie so that summers can be optional on domestic. Just my $.02 though. Thanks for the info from today :)

I was at the meeting in PHX today, too, and also left feeling really good about Stan Herman!
LowFare already mentioned Stan's "Symphony of Blue".
Seems like he has a pretty good idea of the direction he wants to go and is soliciting us for feedback regarding wear, and things we like/dislike about past uniforms.

He said he is going to focus on good cut and fit, trying to keep a range of sizes available, as far as Talls, Petites, etc.

We talked about black and charcoal, but I think he's gonna go with navy, which makes me happy.
The other thing that made me happy was he mentioned there would most likely remain an option of flat front vs pleated for the pants, recognizing the huge range of body types.

He mentioned red as an accent color, but not so much as an entire red shirt. He said he would never dress us in red.
He noticed the two different shades of navy in the tail of our livery, and showed us the tie LowFare mentioned with the Symphony of Blue.
It did kind of make me think of JetBlue and the tails of their liveries which are all shades of blue.

I think he has a pretty realistic view of his "mission", and most of us should be able to put together a uniform that looks good on us when he is thru.

He did briefly mention a sweater set for the gals.

They're hoping for sample pieces to take on tour by December, and the completed uniform will prob take a year.
He said never again will they put pix on the web!

He said he has one of the Heritage logo pins on his desk in NY and is trying to incorporate that, perhaps in a scarf, he not sure yet.
He did talk about scarves as an OPTION.
(I would love that option myownself)

I think we will do well by Stan.

Although this does not affect me personally, I am glad to hear all of you have some positive feedback from the meeting. I know how important it is to feel your ideas are valued as well as how your comfort and professional look have meaning. Mama

Although this does not affect me personally, I am glad to hear all of you have some positive feedback from the meeting. I know how important it is to feel your ideas are valued as well as how your comfort and professional look have meaning. Mama

Mama
I wanna party with you...or at least have coffee. Come on over to CLT for some sweet tea, a krispy kreme, and experienced true southern hospitality...I mean humidity. It's FAB for the skin. :) :wub:

You TOO desertgal!! :) :wub:

I'm trying to make it to one of the meetings, however my schedule is not allowing it. I'll tell ya, I'm all for Business Casual (Corporate Casual, whatever you call it) as long as it has some class. I was also all for the tie less option with our current uniform but the more I go tie less with it the more I feel like a scrub. Mostly because our current uniform(s) was never meant to be tie less. I hope that we have a uniform that will look really nice with or without a tie so that summers can be optional on domestic. Just my $.02 though. Thanks for the info from today :)

Hold your teeth, but I'm feeling the same way! The good thing is now I can wait until I get out of that razor burn humidity to put it on in the air conditioning.

I Really Hope Stan Has a Seperate Idea For Agents Colors. It Is Reall Nice To See Delta's F/A and Agents Having Seperate Color Accents For Their Uniforms (Gray For Agents and Red For F/A's) :up:

I don't know if they will have a seperate color, but he did say that the uniforms will be distinguishable from ground agents, and recognizable as crew by pax.

"10. Some women like scarves and some don't. He said he's going to play around with it, so the top would look good with or without it."

Jippie, I hope he stays with this line of thinking as I do not like ties/scarves/tabs/etc., but I don't want to look like a slob either. =)

Glad to see a tie is still in the mix. I believe, at least for international, a tie should be required, however for the summer months a shirt that looks good without a tie would be nice for us domestic folks.

Mama
I wanna party with you...or at least have coffee. Come on over to CLT for some sweet tea, a krispy kreme, and experienced true southern hospitality...I mean humidity. It's FAB for the skin. :) :wub:

You TOO desertgal!! :) :wub:
Hold your teeth, but I'm feeling the same way! The good thing is now I can wait until I get out of that razor burn humidity to put it on in the air conditioning.
I would LOVE to party with y'all too! Im good for coffee but tea is a no no! Love those Krisry creams but they are tough to get off my bottom half! We could also party out in this side of the country, we have pools, malls and margaritas! (Use lots of moisturizer here but not much chance of a party getting rained out!) The only objection I have-no country music-get tired of hearing the dog died,the girlfriend left,and out of whiskey, oh yeah and the trailer burned! :lol:

Latest posts