Attended Stan Herman's meeting today in Phoenix

Please, No Ties, and No Suit Coats, We are LCC now. Take the money that you would spend on Suit Coats and Ties, and put it back in the paychecks. The last thing I need to be wearing, is a suit jacket and a tie while I'm trying to lift a 300lbs. passenger into a straight back chair, then down the stairs of the Dash-8, on a 95 degree day. PLEASE, somebody wake up before it's too late.

I just got home from the meeting in CLT and I have one word...YES!!! Stan Herman IS the man. He has a 20 yrs history of service uniforms and understands "ready to wear" uniforms that take alot of wear for a varied group.

Stan was personable and is excited because frankly he is given a fresh slate. He and the company recognize that we serve ALL kinds of customers and will design a uniform that can easily tranform from biz casual to a sharpe uniform that will rival the European carriers when we fly to Europe. It will be a uniform to be proud of.

He doesn't buy into the notion that size or age should matter but fit and fabric. He is big on accessory pieces as that is the ONLY way to differentiate and showcase us and there are three basic uni colors...dark gray..difficult...black..sleek but harsh and blue..easy to accesorize.

Women's uniforms will look like woman with plain or pleated pants, a short or medium jacket...to be determined...3/4 sleeve shirts (sharpe), simple but sharpe skirt. The scarf option will match the men's tie.

This is the skinny...

Fashion...Fabric...Fit

Men and Women...a unigue to US Airways navy blue as primary colors. The accent colors for ties and scarfs will be the field of blues you all heard about and looks great...very sharp.

Men...a more tailored short sleeve and long sleve shirts (ability to roll back and button...sharp) with 3 styles to reflect 2006...a mock type crew shirt that can be worn under the long sleeve shirts for biz casual look and 3 various ties with the different blue colors, but would be a family of ties/shirts that will go together.

The sharpest sweater in the industry.

Stan recognizes his name is on the line and plans to design a uniform we will all be proud of.

Please, No Ties, and No Suit Coats, We are LCC now. Take the money that you would spend on Suit Coats and Ties, and put it back in the paychecks. The last thing I need to be wearing, is a suit jacket and a tie while I'm trying to lift a 300lbs. passenger into a straight back chair, then down the stairs of the Dash-8, on a 95 degree day. PLEASE, somebody wake up before it's too late.
somebody needs`to go work for southwest lol. and the dash 8 does fly into cold places. all of the dash 8's are not in phx.

The uniform will give you the ability for a casual/comfortable wear for summer...but you are an agent, I take it, and need to address your needs to the uniform committee.

Yes! :)

I'm really excited with what he comes up with.
I would really like to see uniforms that can be layered and I like the fact that our uniforms are going to be different from ground agents. :)

Men...a more tailored short sleeve and long sleve shirts (ability to roll back and button...sharp) with 3 styles to reflect 2006...a mock type crew shirt for biz casual and 3 variou ties with the different blue colors, but would be a family of ties/shirts that will go together.

The sharpest sweater in the industry.

I really love the idea of having long sleeve shirts that can be rolled back and button! That looks nice! :)

I usually roll my long sleeves to prevent them from getting dirty, so i like this idea.

I also love the idea of uniform pieces that can be layered with sharpest looking sweaters. :)

Very cool!

The CEO of this company is seldom seen in a tie, yet some of you want the f/a's to wear a tie on domestic! The world is casual. People wear jackets without ties. True, it looks like crap with the aiviator shirts, but with the right uniform we don't need one on domectic, period!

DITCH THE TIE ON DOMESTIC YEAR ROUND!

It should be a choice. I'm glad to see guys still wearing the tie. You think the opposite... thats the point. Instead of all of us making it up as we go along and wearing what we want either way, it will be a uniform thats still one but can be worn different ways, casual or business. Sounds good to me.... I'll be on the businessy side, thats just me... Id wear a hat if one was offered :) but Im all for it if it can translate into a nice looking casual look.

The CEO of this company is seldom seen in a tie, yet some of you want the f/a's to wear a tie on domestic! The world is casual. People wear jackets without ties. True, it looks like crap with the aiviator shirts, but with the right uniform we don't need one on domectic, period!

DITCH THE TIE ON DOMESTIC YEAR ROUND!

THEY ARE!!!

Kobe, the word is option. You WILL be able to go tieless year round. One sharp piece for the guys for winter is a mock tie shirt to wear with one of the varied slong sleeve shirts. Stan PROMISED it would be sharp. And then of course you will have a nice short sleeve shirt for summer.

I am changing my stand on the tie. When I have flown to Europe I have felt embarrassed by our presence. I love biz casual and will take FULL advantage of it on domestic, but when I fly to Europe, country pride is at stake and I want to represent our country AND airline that bears US as well as possible considering our prez has done a good job of fudging THAT up well enough.

Your option IS being recognized. Why take the tie option away from those that want US Airways to be represented at it's highest level internationally?

We serve 16 European countries, about 20 Mexican/Canadian/Cenral American and about 25 Carribean destinations for around 50-53 international cities/countries. We may be a LCC, but we are ALSO an international carrier and we must be willing to add/change uniform pieces to reflect such.

BTW, Stan noted that the OVERWHELMING majority of the PHX f/a's wanted a less SWA look and the casual/formal option..pretty much like CLT and PHL.

I really would like a fitted vest to wear but heard from my roomate who attended the PHL roundtable that Stan does not want to do a vest for us. Anyone hear this? Even if we don't get a vest as an option I feel MUCH more positive about Stan designing the uniform.

Someone, please, if you want "fun" accessories for Hawaii/Carribean -- NOW is the time to ask for them while we have a designer that both listens and seems to know what he is doing! Scarves, ties, patterned shirts -- whatever works...

I just came back from Hawaii on HP and the F/A's all had flowers in their hair or wore leis -- on the way out and back, too -- really made me feel like I was going someplace special. Fun, "tropical" themed accessories would make a great statement, too! Stan could use his "symphony of blues" and add some red and tropical green (teal) in a bolder pattern and you'd have a "concerto of tropics" to work with too! Could be really special for those trips...

Perhaps USAirways can offer some type of employee fitness/weight loss plan concurrent with the new uniform program.

While morbid obesity is the advancing National disease, no where is it more visible than in the ranks of the USAirways employee groups. With the high cost of medical insurance currently and higher going forward, perhaps the company would be motivated to have a healthier, more fit work force.

USAirways East, in particular has a more mature work force that while generally not self-motivated toward this goal, might be inspired by corporate leadership. Fifty dollars is already being disbursed for the "Hat Trick." How about 50 bucks for 50 pounds as an incentive towards "streamlining" our employee groups?

Good luck to Mr. Herman in designing a range of clothing that fits the myriad of shapes and sizes in this workforce.

or pay us more money so we don't have to shop at walmart and eat all that cheap discusting food that is about all everyone can afford these days with the rise of our medical, morgages, gas, child care etc,etc...most of usairway empltees cant afford to eat healthy..just a thought

or pay us more money so we don't have to shop at walmart and eat all that cheap discusting food that is about all everyone can afford these days with the rise of our medical, morgages, gas, child care etc,etc...most of usairway empltees cant afford to eat healthy..just a thought
I SOOO wanted to go to the one in Phoenix for ground agents, but alas the little life I am due to deliver in another 3 weeks here takes precedence.
One thing I was told was mentioned for me was MATERNITY uniforms...the options we have now are a HORRID dress or pieces that cost an arm and a leg. (I mean, SEVENTY dollars for ONE shirt??? SHEESH!!!)

As for shopping at Walmart and eating junk food, you DO realize it's cheaper to eat healthy right??? Easier to buy junk but MUCH more wallet friendly to eat veggies and fruit you have to cut and cook YOURSELF.

Back