Black uniforms for pilots...

a320av8r

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
On the Flight Deck: Black Uniforms for Pilots?

Yes, Flight Operations has selected black uniforms with a silver braid. This change will ensure that all of our pilots are in the same uniform going forward. However, just because they'll be in black doesn't mean that InFlight Services and Passenger Services will be too. We need to see how Stan interprets our new business casual brand. He's seen the uniform Flight Operations has selected and has some great ideas about a really handsome tie that can incorporate colors from both programs so everyone looks like they're part of the same family.

On the Flight Deck: Black Uniforms for Pilots?

Yes, Flight Operations has selected black uniforms with a silver braid. This change will ensure that all of our pilots are in the same uniform going forward.

Do the people that write these things have a clue? Wait, I know the answer to that. :blink:

They could have chosen navy blue, and guess what, that change would "ensure that all of our pilots are in the same uniform going forward".

For that matter, they could've chosen neon pink, and that would also "ensure that all of our pilots are in the same uniform going forward".

The color isn't going to ensure anything. Telling all the pilots to wear the same thing, whatever it might be, that's the only thing that will ensure they're all in the same uniform. They just want to make up some reason to blame, instead of just saying the truth, which is that the HP way is always the right way, obviously. But they can't even do that right, they can't make up a plausible excuse. (And I couldn't care less why they chose black, I just object to them treating the pilots like three-year-olds who can't handle getting their feelings hurt.)

Is it really asking too much that someone in Tempe be able to comprehend basic logic?

They chose black to ensure that we don't wear our shabby looking blue uniforms from two mergers ago. Now they need to get rid of the flight kits held together with duct tape.

Do the people that write these things have a clue? Wait, I know the answer to that. :blink:

They could have chosen navy blue, and guess what, that change would "ensure that all of our pilots are in the same uniform going forward".

For that matter, they could've chosen neon pink, and that would also "ensure that all of our pilots are in the same uniform going forward".

The color isn't going to ensure anything. Telling all the pilots to wear the same thing, whatever it might be, that's the only thing that will ensure they're all in the same uniform. They just want to make up some reason to blame, instead of just saying the truth, which is that the HP way is always the right way, obviously. But they can't even do that right, they can't make up a plausible excuse. (And I couldn't care less why they chose black, I just object to them treating the pilots like three-year-olds who can't handle getting their feelings hurt.)

Is it really asking too much that someone in Tempe be able to comprehend basic logic?

The color choices are black or blue which is fairly standard for airline pilot wear. If they chose blue there are probably 20 shades of blue between the airline from past merger or previous airlines or buying from different supplier. Black will be new and company provided uniform replacement which will standardized both east and west. I think they thought about it before the decision was made because this is the more expensive way to go.

ringmaruf whats your beef with US? Do you have any specific issues that you can make a logical point on? You seem to fire off without thinking about the subject in question. Don't be a hater :lol:

Well since we are planning on the future! Why don't we make everyone wear the Silver Jumpsuit with the big 'V' and red boots! Come on people we can be ahead of the game. It's what everyone will be wearing in the future anyway. No indivdualism, its the future!!

;-)

The Johnny Cash look, LOL, they can sing "I fly the line".

=)

So, the pilots will be in black and the FAs in blue and we will be a black-and-blue crew. LOL.

Black with silver sounds nice and distinctive. :up:

I'm really sick of navy blue anything these days...it's a nice and "safe" way to go and everyone does it :down:

Why dont they get the Bravo Queer Eye for the Straight Guy to redesign the uniforms?

They chose black to ensure that we don't wear our shabby looking blue uniforms from two mergers ago. Now they need to get rid of the flight kits held together with duct tape.
:D :D :D Boy aint that the truth! Do what UA does, they give their pilots flight kits, company issued with UAL on it. Looks professional and instills a bit more confidence when travellers see uniformity instead of duct tape, crappy ol bags with stickesr from every friggin ariline and airplane they've flown. These bags look pathetic!