Black uniforms for pilots...

Well since we are planning on the future! Why don't we make everyone wear the Silver Jumpsuit with the big 'V' and red boots! Come on people we can be ahead of the game. It's what everyone will be wearing in the future anyway. No indivdualism, its the future!!

;-)
Yeah, and we can make Mork from Ork our spokesperson. Nanu-nanu........ :lol:

The duct tape and stickers just add character.....flight bag wouldn't be a flight bag without it...

though have to say, not happy with going to black...yeck...

when are the pilots supposed to start sporting the new uniforms?
Don't know, guess we'll take a poll to decide...
I'm currently wearing dark navy Wal-mart pants, since I'm buying.
Sure will be glad to get something of better quality.
Who needs old dark navy leftovers in the closet?

Heck, I am wearing black slacks from a discount store. Figured I would beat the rush and go black. I don't know what I am going to do come Fall, as I cannot put my arm through my uniform jacket without ripping through the lining, and I am NOT the Incredible Hulk! I was scared to bend over in my older dark blue slacks. [insert jokes here] This is a wonderful career, indeed. Best. Greeter.

I wish there had been more of a push for black uniforms with the flight attendant group as well. I know, everyone has their own preference...but I think Black with Silver accents to match the pilot group would have looked sharp!

Incidentally, does anyone know if it's all that uncommon with other airlines (past or present) to have Inflight uniforms between the pilot and flight attendant groups that do not follow the same general color scheme?

I'd say it is more unusual for the pilots and F/A's to have the same color scheme. Look at almost any other carrier and you will see that there is no corolation.

I'd say it is more unusual for the pilots and F/A's to have the same color scheme. Look at almost any other carrier and you will see that there is no corolation.
Solid black ties I presume? Same eppal. with black background? What about these?

On the Flight Deck: Black Uniforms for Pilots?

Yes, Flight Operations has selected black uniforms with a silver braid. This change will ensure that all of our pilots are in the same uniform going forward...

... He's seen the uniform Flight Operations has selected and has some great ideas about a really handsome tie that can incorporate colors from both programs so everyone looks like they're part of the same family.

There will still be a way to distinguish a certain segment of the East pilot group: those that day-after-day continue to advertise the fact that they were duped into having their pension stolen, but still continue to vote "Yes" on every concession that Glass and Butkovic can dream up.

They would be the ones wearing those dorky leather jackets, in which no self-respecting Embry-Riddle freshman would be caught dead.

ALL Black? can i use my orginal one?
(black with silver stripes!!)

bac111b.jpg

:ph34r:

You will just love that BLACK in the WEST PHX/LAS 115 DEG. DAY!

MUST HAVE BEEN A EAST BOY WITH THAT IDEA IN THE WINTER!

Very true. I often find myself lying out on the hot tarmac in LAS taking in some sun before a flight. My boys are gonna be hard boiled.