AWA MEC HOTLINE 8/3/07

USA320Pilot,
I have a question regarding the profit sharing for next year. Was it ALPA INTL or your MEC that decided to offer your profit sharing monies to the union brothers at AWA? And given the significant profit gains of this year, is it likely that ALPA west will enjoy the same gift from ALPA east?
Anyways, I would guess that the profit sharing, guaranteed euipment for the east, and the $70million make it difficult for ALPA east to make further concessions to the westies.
regards,

Allow me to help you out Tim. You see the east in their mastermind sort of way was attempting to ease what they thought was going to be a blow to us in the seniority case. You see Tim it was a calculated move but one they now want back. OK I would be more than happy to give it back, they can have the profit shareing but the list stays intact and untouched.

It was required per the AWA pilot's CBA. Since that portion of profit sharing generated from east operations should be approximately proportional to that portion of profit sharing paid to the east pilots (and the same with the west) the east pilots didn't give us anything.

But I'm sure Jack's waterboy will have a different spin on the whole thing.

Of course, "honest Jack" will mention that there were no profits for sharing until AWA came into the picture.

Don't expect the East to acknowledge this. It will fall on deaf ears as they continue to live in denial and only recognize arguments that support their view of the world.

The FACTS you post above will be categorically dismissed by the East.

Keep up the good fight.

That's probably the best post I've seen. I do support my MEC, however, I'm not sure how effective posting facts are other than for the purpose of countering the East spin wtih the public. Ultimately, the East MEC doesn't care what the facts are. They believe they're entitled to the world, and will use any amount of rationalization they can to justify it. I used to blame Parker alot more for being disonest with the East about AWA's financial condition with the East in order to "level the playing field", however, I'm not convinced anymore that Parker could have put a dent in that unbelievable sense of entitlement. Frankly, there's a reason why he got to buy US Air for cheap - because the sense of entitlement costs more than the assets are worth.

Hey Mr. United show us your figures you saw.

Show me where I said I saw certain numbers? I have access to the same reading material you do. Perhaps my reading comprehension is just better than yours.

As you can see from the numerous posts here, as well as the article BoeingBoy linked here
,it is clear to anyone that the numbers are co-mingled such that precise metrics can not be established.

That being said, it also is very easy to see how certain LARGE amounts of revenue from the West are showing up on the East side. Two clear examples are already given... "all cash receipts for transportation sales are received by US Airways" and "a $100 change fee for a ticket on HP metal shows up in US revenue."

All you have to do is read for yourself and try to comprehend the material before rushing to assumptions. This is another example of simple facts that you and the East pilots choose to ignore since it doesn't support your fantasy. It is a blatant lie and over-simplification to assert that the East makes all the revenue and the West has a loss, when it is obvious that the operation is co-mingled and when the company clearly states that "We have the ability to move funds freely between operating subsidiaries to support operations."

And what about Arnie Gentile???????????

It must be very frustrating to see Nic slipping through your fingers, but it will continue until for all practical purposes, it is dead. All the flamebait, inacurate statements (like aquisition), and supposed smoking guns you can muster, will not save it.

Living the dream on LOA93 pay.

A320 Driver B)

B767jetz,

As a United pilot with no insight how do you know what is going on. To suggest I am misrepresenting information is wrong, and to insinuate that I am misrepresenting information is flat out wrong. I do not like to use this word, but you sir are a flat out "liar".

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Show me where I said I saw certain numbers? I have access to the same reading material you do. Perhaps my reading comprehension is just better than yours.

As you can see from the numerous posts here, as well as the article BoeingBoy linked here
,it is clear to anyone that the numbers are co-mingled such that precise metrics can not be established.

That being said, it also is very easy to see how certain LARGE amounts of revenue from the West are showing up on the East side. Two clear examples are already given... "all cash receipts for transportation sales are received by US Airways" and "a $100 change fee for a ticket on HP metal shows up in US revenue."

All you have to do is read for yourself and try to comprehend the material before rushing to assumptions. This is another example of simple facts that you and the East pilots choose to ignore since it doesn't support your fantasy. It is a blatant lie and over-simplification to assert that the East makes all the revenue and the West has a loss, when it is obvious that the operation is co-mingled and when the company clearly states that "We have the ability to move funds freely between operating subsidiaries to support operations."

Mr United or Spin Master,

You have no proof and can not support your statement.
You have become a mocking bird of the West
You proved my point that you will always side against the real Usairways because USA320 hurt your feelings

Now you call our management team liars for posting the report?

Keep it on subject folks and stop the personal sniping.

There's plenty of room in the corn field.

B767jetz,

As a United pilot with no insight how do you know what is going on. To suggest I am misrepresenting information is wrong, and to insinuate that I am misrepresenting information is flat out wrong. I do not like to use this word, but you sir are a flat out "liar".

Regards,

USA320Pilot
Oh please!

You can call me whatever names you want. Interesting how you can come onto a board and make proclamations with no supporting evidence except your secret sources, AND take pleasure in claiming publicly that others are misrepresenting the truth, BUT... when the tables are turned on you, you are suddenly insulted, resort to name calling, and try to discredit the messenger. (Liar, Liar, pants on fire! :lol: ) Please don't act like you occupy the high moral ground. You do not.

Now back on topic. You keep saying that the West is showing a loss and the East is making a profit. All I am saying (as are many others including the West MEC) is that your statement is a misrepresentation because if you look closely it is clear to see that with the operations co-mingled there are significant costs now being born by the West and significant revenue that is showing up on the East. If you can show proof otherwise, I'd be happy to further consider your position to weigh it's validity. But absent a response other than "you are a liar," all it is rhetoric and spin. It is no surprise that when someone responds to your opinions with a valid rebuttal, you attempt to discredit the messenger and respond with an emotional and intellectually deficient response.

As for claiming that I have no insight... I do have my sources just like you. FYI, I had a very interesting conversation for 4 hours in the cockpit last week. Turns out that a United employee who is part of a team made up of current and former captains working on special projects for the company, and is also a retired US A330 captain who flew for USAir for over 20 years, rode on my jumpseat. He had some VERY interesting insight into the workings of your MEC over his career. He confirmed what I have suspected about your group for many years, and let's just say HE brought to light the lack of integrity that has poisoned your MEC for many years. It's safe to say that he and many of his friends who are still flying for USAir are NOT part of your "vocal minority." And PS, he knows who you are. :eek:

Now back on topic. You keep saying that the West is showing a loss and the East is making a profit. All I am saying (as are many others including the West MEC) is that your statement is a misrepresentation because if you look closely it is clear to see that with the operations co-mingled there are significant costs now being born by the West and significant revenue that is showing up on the East. If you can show proof otherwise, I'd be happy to further consider your position to weigh it's validity. But absent a response other than "you are a liar," all it is rhetoric and spin. It is no surprise that when someone responds to your opinions with a valid rebuttal, you attempt to discredit the messenger and respond with an emotional and intellectually deficient response.
If I may add the following from the companies recent SEC filing:

(B) In connection with the continuing effort to consolidate functions and integrate organizations, procedures, and operations with US Airways,

AWA incurred $10 million of transition and merger integration costs in the second quarter of 2007.

These items included $1 million in training and related expenses;

$1 million in compensationexpenses for equity awards granted in connection with the merger;

$5 million in professional and technical fees related to the integration of the airline operations systems;

and $3 million of aircraft livery costs.

During the second quarter of 2006, AWA incurred

$23 million of transition and merger integration costs. These items included $3 million in compensation expenses primarily for severance, retention payments and equity awardsgranted in connection with the merger;

$12 million of costs associated with the integration of the AWA FlightFund and US Airways Dividend Miles frequent traveler programs;

$2 million in merger related aircraft lease return expenses;

$1 million of aircraft livery costs;

$4 million in professional and technical fees related to the integration of the airline operations systems

and $1 million of transition-related sales and marketing program expenses.

In connection with the merger transition efforts noted above, AWA incurred

$23 million of transition andmerger integration costs in the first six months of 2007.

These items included $3 million in training and related expenses;

$3 million in compensation expenses for equity awards granted in connection with the merger;

$9 million in professional and technical fees related to the integration of the airline operations systems;

$7 million of aircraft livery costs

and $1 million of other expenses.

In the first six months of 2006, AWA incurred $44 million of transition and merger integration costs.

These items included $7 million in compensation expenses primarily for severance, retention payments and equity awards granted in connection with the merger;

$12 million of costs associated with the integration of the AWA FlightFund and US Airways Dividend Miles frequent traveler programs;

$9 million in merger related aircraft lease return expenses;

$6 million of aircraft livery costs;

$7 million in professional and technical fees related to the integration of the airline operations systems;

$2 million of transition-related sales and marketing program expenses

and $1 million of other expenses.

Why did AWA incurr all these merger expenses? Because AAA was bankrupt.

A profit?

Only because AAA stopped pay its bills and someone else was picking up your tab.

Rumors persist that AAA would have had trouble making payroll in a matter of days/weeks; had AWA not bailed them out.

If I may add the following from the companies recent SEC filing:

AWA incurred $10 million of transition and merger integration costs in the second quarter of 2007.

In connection with the merger transition efforts noted above, AWA incurred

$23 million of transition andmerger integration costs in the first six months of 2007.

This data lends credence to the fact that East is pulling the weight because West still would not have broken even this quarter 2/07. However, there is still the matter of comingledness that ultimately only Tempe knows.

Why did AWA incurr all these merger expenses? Because AAA was bankrupt.

Wrong. Merger expenses were incurrred becasue they are going through a MERGER. These are merger related expenses and have nothing to do with bankruptcy which US Airways exited almost 2 years ago! Talk about grasping at straws. Furthermore, it doesn't make any sense that only America West had merger expenses and US Airways didn't. Why not report the merger expenses on both sides to be fair? I guess that would blow your whole theory. Lastly, even if the E had no expenses, and W had all of them, that explain an over 200 MILLION dollar difference...in one quarter? Come on, get real.

Wrong. Merger expenses were incurrred becasue they are going through a MERGER. These are merger related expenses and have nothing to do with bankruptcy which US Airways exited almost 2 years ago! Talk about grasping at straws. Furthermore, it doesn't make any sense that only America West had merger expenses and US Airways didn't. Why not report the merger expenses on both sides to be fair? I guess that would blow your whole theory. Lastly, even if the E had no expenses, and W had all of them, that explain an over 200 MILLION dollar difference...in one quarter? Come on, get real.
To all of you east type accountants. Any guesses why the company is placing all of the profit in the east and expenses in the west? One answer TAXES!

AAA lost so much money over the years that we can offset a whole lot of profit with your loses.

If you don’t believe it than thanks. You make it, we will take it. My profit check is the same whether the money comes from the east or west operations.

You guys can just stay on your junk wages and crap work rules.

To all of you east type accountants. Any guesses why the company is placing all of the profit in the east and expenses in the west? One answer TAXES!

AAA lost so much money over the years that we can offset a whole lot of profit with your loses.

If you don’t believe it than thanks. You make it, we will take it. My profit check is the same whether the money comes from the east or west operations.

You guys can just stay on your junk wages and crap work rules.

You were working for the same junk wages about one contract ago.

You would think from the way you write that HP was one fine airline financially and operationally with a solid performance record. However, that is not the case.

For years and years, HP was the bottom of the barrel. That is until 2 Bankruptcies, a dysfunctional MEC, and 57% of the East Pilots "Let My Daddy Vote" mentality put USAirways Pilots where you used to be.

If staying at LOA93 junk and crap as you describe it, means more East guys/gals get their upgrade before you steal it from them, then it's money well spent.