BAGGAGE HANDLERS THREAD

robbedagain if your going to sling mud go back your your own playground. Was there even a reason to say that or was it just a prime example of pettiness? Take your US Airways past grievances to your own forum, we have enough on our plate as it is.

LAST TIME I CHECK ITS A FREE BOARD AND NO I DONT NEED TO DO GRIEVANCE HERE JUST SIMPLY TELLING HOW IT IS BEC I KNOW A FEW AA FOLKS AND I KNOW WHAT THEY TELL ME ABOUT THE TWU

At this time you should recognize that you ARE in BK ...... i'm not saying that the company is justified in all that it does , but BK workers are not "entitled" to anything ........

P.S , "Fleet service clerks " LOL !! I like that last part ,makes it sound like we work in an office .

Yo freedom I like your ... Take no prisoner mentality...

At TWA we were called Ramp Service Persons we called ourselves Ramp Rats for short.
When we came over to AA, they made us feel very uncomfortable. The AA Clerks and many TWU stewards did everything possible to get the TWA guys to resign, and many did as I did too.

I only wish I could be a fly on the wall in the JFK break room tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone.

Yo freedom I like your ... Take no prisoner mentality...

At TWA we were called Ramp Service Persons we called ourselves Ramp Rats for short.
When we came over to AA, they made us feel very uncomfortable. The AA Clerks and many TWU stewards did everything possible to get the TWA guys to resign, and many did as I did too.

I only wish I could be a fly on the wall in the JFK break room tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone.
Really? Take no prisoner mentality? I took it as just the opposite. Give them everything they want. You have no other choice nor are you entitled to anything else.

Why thank you barfbag ......

What happened with the TWA is nothing short of a legend that is countlessly retold around Airline campfires all over the country ...

What they did by stapling you to the bottom and then proceeding to eliminate you was not right .....

If there are any within the TWU who might have such a notion for the US air workers ,AH HAHAHAHAAHAH ....... you had best simply set your minds on fair integration , for we are ALL fighters over here ...

I'm not looking to start a Fight with our AA brothers , so please take no offense to what I say , just understand that we are a forceful work group ... Some would say that we come across as pushy , I as arrogant ..

I won't lie that I am looking forwards to a fruitful merger between our two companies , I believe it would benefit both our work groups in the long run .It is my intention that as (or if ) we come together , we hit the ground running ...

One of US airways tactics is to play off work groups against one another ( groups within the same class and craft ) causing them to fight one another rather than work together to secure a joint contract ...

When the three fractions I originally mentioned came together for the first time within the same union , it was like taking a cat , a dog and a monkey and then throwing them into a barrel , shutting the lid and then shaking the barrel ...

We were lucky in that we were able to come to a conclusion , althou there are those who would disagree with my definition of "lucky" ....we gave up MANY MANY field stations ...

some of the other work groups that were NOT able to decide on a contract one way or the other are our pilots and FA's ...

The pilots struggle amounst themselves was so bitter that they must be housed in separate hotels least they get into fist fights ( I think they have to be transported on separate vans as well ) and i'm not exaggerating about the pilots getting into fist fights ... I remember seeing them flip each other off from opposite flight decks ... and then there was that time that I think it was an east crew left a noose chocking a doll in the flight deck for the west crew ...

The pilots are so thoroughly turned on each other , that unless there is a merger with AA , they will NEVER have a joint contract ...

As for our flight attendants , I think something similar but less bitter has taken place ... these two groups are also deadlocked and have been for years ... They may yet vote on a new contract , but if they do it's only out of fear of merger ...

It is my intention that our two work groups quickly unite as one , and move forwards in pursuit of a combined contract that benefits BOTH work groups ...

and management , I know your reading this , (because they actually have someone assigned at CHQ to read these threads ) .. when I say move forwards in pursuit of a combined contract , I am NOT talking about horse trading ... If we are going to be the biggest airline on the planet , you can afford to pay us industry average ... i'm sure that management will immediately get defensive at the thought of paying industry average , but i'm sure that sooner or later , someone will come around and point out to them that a well compensated work force is an efficient work force ( to prove my point look at where US airways WAS and where we are today , almost every 50 dollar bonus we get is due to MBR )

Yo Freedom, remember your battle cry

..Remember the Alamo..

( I meant....Remember...TWA )

How do you mean? I'm not familiar with this.

CS is what we call it when we get someone to cover our shift to take the day off. There are a lot of us that commute so we will work our hours then go back home.

We can work 16 hours on back to back days once a week. Also a lot of us have other jobs so we CS off often.

At AA a full time employee has to work an average of 20 hours per week over a six month period. Any less than that we get out CSs taken away.

The short version is many of us rely heavily on CSs for extra hours or to work another job.

US its called shift swaps and its contractual.

And if you all want to know about Freedom, go to the US board Fleet Service IAM Thread.

He is a company cheerleader and threw the outstations under the bus to be outsourced in order for him to get a raise.

CS is what we call it when we get someone to cover our shift to take the day off. There are a lot of us that commute so we will work our hours then go back home.

We can work 16 hours on back to back days once a week. Also a lot of us have other jobs so we CS off often.

At AA a full time employee has to work an average of 20 hours per week over a six month period. Any less than that we get out CSs taken away.

The short version is many of us rely heavily on CSs for extra hours or to work another job.

we have something here a computer program called workbrain that does shift swaps I don't think you would have any issues with it if it began the policy

I beleive the new and improved AALLC will try get rid of as many people as possible. One way would be to eliminate anything that employees can use as a comfort zone. The CS privilege is just that, a nice tool that the company gives employees a tool to maintain other jobs and or commute home.

In this " lower your cost " economy, anything to usher higher payed hourlies out the door will used.

Without CS borderline employee will fail in AAs attendance programs and will get fired.

I beleive the new and improved AALLC will try get rid of as many people as possible. One way would be to eliminate anything that employees can use as a comfort zone. The CS privilege is just that, a nice tool that the company gives employees a tool to maintain other jobs and or commute home.

In this " lower your cost " economy, anything to usher higher payed hourlies out the door will used.

Without CS borderline employee will fail in AAs attendance programs and will get fired.
At AA it's non contractual. According to 700, it is contractual at US. We will see how that ends up.
Oh, and remember the Alamo...TWA? Right...LMAO

and management , I know your reading this , (because they actually have someone assigned at CHQ to read these threads )

You say that with plenty of confidence. Is it knowledge or is it just a guess on your part?

Latest posts