Bermuda

WSurf

Senior
Dec 12, 2002
Planning to go back to Bermuda this summer (July). Wonder if any employees know of a nice place that gives us a discount or of places that are a bit cheaper....

Thanks

The Harmony club is an all exclusive in Bermuda that offers a good rate for airline employees.

I beleive its 135 pp per night all meals and drinks included.

BDA is very expensive, the other alternative are guest houses, where you get a small efficiency, Not my cup of tea.

Sorry I don''t have the number for the Harmony club

I stayed at Grotto Bay several years ago, and it was very nice. I have no idea of the cost.

----------------
On 6/23/2003 7:03:19 PM bagosh wrote:

The Harmony club is an all exclusive in Bermuda that offers a good rate for airline employees.

I beleive its 135 pp per night all meals and drinks included.

BDA is very expensive, the other alternative are guest houses, where you get a small efficiency, Not my cup of tea.

Sorry I don''t have the number for the Harmony club

----------------​

Thats pretty cheap for BDA. Things on the island can be very expensive, and the island isn''t for everybody. Kinda snooty if you ask me.

Nonetheless, given the number of flights there, you should not have any problems non-revving on most days.

OffTopic, who staffs BDA?? US employees or an agency contracted by the airport authority?

Be sure and look up Colin Powell''s boyhood home of his Grandmother while there. Anyone can direct you.
PS to Donner Party--the party got stuck in snow again today in North Reno. Snow June 23!!! Rain in the city and very cold.

The Grotto Bay gives airline discounts. Buy a bus pass to save on transportation costs. Bermuda is expensive, but we ate at a "diner" in downtown Hamilton - cost about the same as Denny''s or such. One night had pizza delivered to our room! Grotto has a continental breakfast, too!

The Blue Horizon Guest Cottages are owned by an employees grandmother - or at least used to be. Very simple, clean rooms, a pool and a snack bar. the beach is across the street. Tel: 800-637-4116 (USA), 441-236-6350 (direct)

----------------
On 6/24/2003 2:43:01 AM drifterreno wrote:

Be sure and look up Colin Powell''s boyhood home of his Grandmother while there. Anyone can direct you.

----------------​

The same drivers will also take you by Mike Bloomberg''s house, Ross Perot''s estate and Michael Douglas/Katherine Zeta Jones'' place (including the Aerial Sands hotel that he owns). This is definitely an island for the well-to-do, but it is such a pleasure to visit. There is virtually no crime, poverty or ''filth'' that you find when you leave the main resort areas of other islands like St. Thomas, Puerto Rico, St. Maartin, etc.

And, for NE residents, it''s such a quick hop. Less than 2 hours in the air from NY/PHL/WAS.