Big Jump In Lcc Stock!

Maybe the "smart money" is selling before the earnings report is released?!!!

The report has the potential to move the stock further, or move it down again.

Weaker oil is also helping the airlines, upgrades likewise, though LCC has been a surprise the last few weeks...

SoftLanding

Weaker oil is also helping the airlines, upgrades likewise, though LCC has been a surprise the last few weeks...
SoftLanding

I agree, I just checked the stock a few miutes ago and I was really surprised, also disappointed. I almost bought a bunch of it at 23.00 per share and I hesitated, oh well.

SoftLanding

Repost was given yesterday for 3ed quarter :up:

I think it'll be out the 9th - that's when the webcast on 3Q results will be held. The monthly financial statement for September was filed with the BK court Monday (on the website yesterday), but it didn't say anything much except that the results would be filed with the 3Q report.

Jim

This is nothing but market manipulation by the folks on Wall St...probably trying to squeeze the SHORT traders as well, considering airline stocks are not really know for much of an increase in value lately. Short Traders thinking this will crash and burn may have to wait awhile til the next bit of bad industry news.

Another reason for the LCC jump, short squeeze.

Float is only 8.5 Mil shares, and according to www.shortsqueeze.com almost 70% of the shares are short...

SoftLanding

All airlines were upgraded today by Bear- Sterns

And why would they be upgraded. Fuel prices are not stable, the economy is soft, job market is terrible, ware in IRAQ still raging, and who in the hell is going to pay for katria and Rita?And the $7 billion for the Bird flu vaccine?

Light, Sweet Crude Oil
11/3/2005 Session Overview
Last Open
High Open
Low High Low Most Recent
Settle Change

59.725 59.700 59.700 59.775 59.550 59.750

All airlines were upgraded today by Bear- Sterns
From my experience and observations over the years dabbling in the mkt, analyst upgrades don't mean diddly squat. I.E. They have no factual basis in reality, most of the time, and are merely meant as an attempt to make fast (and shady) money thru their brokerages.

Obviously there were some big insider moves... When a stock goes up 10-11% in one day on no major public news releases, some one leaked numbers. With private equity groups owning most of the stock, I would not trust any market feedback.. Only operating cash flow figures, namely EBITDA will tell the honest tale. Once LCC posts 3Q results, Uncle 'ubwu' will work out some comparables to see how LCC stacks up. IMHO, if you were ever going to short a stock, the day after it went up 10% would be the day. This puppy is being manipulated like a vertabre in a chiropracter's office.. You know the game... Give a few i-banks some shares on the cheap, and have them pump it for you?? Nahhhhh no one would ever do that.

The only thing reported so far comes from the Sept financial report filed with the BK court:

"Total Consolidated Cash and Cash Equivalents Balance * $ 598,862,000
* Excludes cash held by America West Holdings and subsidiaries as of September 30, 2005"

Guess we'll have to wait a week to find out the rest.....

Jim