LCC Stock Plummeting again

Blame anybody but the Kids in the Sandbox.
Or blame nobody but the kids in the sandbox. I stubbed my toe on a belt loader the other day; I immediately suspected Parker et al and swore a blood oath that I would see them rue the day.

I'm in no way defending them, and although you may well contend that the common geography I happen to share with CHQ somehow warps my worldview, I can't help but try to take an objective approach to matters like this; I know it's a terrible habit and I'm trying to kick it.

Point being I don't think this is the prime time to indict and guillotine our beloved executive team given the turmoil of the greater economy. Even if we were to somehow attract and hire the most outrageously talented and motivated individuals to run this airline the very fact that we're swapping leadership in this environment would likely spook share prices down further, and even an airline messiah can't do anything but watch helplessly every time Citi or GM or the Treasury Dept sneezes and stocks tank. It's sort of like trying to kick the captain off the ship because he can't keep it from rocking about in the hurricane tearing at the sea around it.

Understand, nothing churns my stomach more than these golfphile, faux-casual elitist Scottsdale buffoons whose idolatry of their Blackberries is overshadowed only by their worship of our Brave New Economy's golden calf: the quarterly report. It is the very people with that mentality who've consistently put profit over quality of product that have put our economy in this mess but until things have hit bottom and we finally have time to digest the massive changes the restructuring of our economy will doubtless bring about, I have to question the wisdom of pulling anybody out of the driver's seat.

In time, all in good time.