Bob owens strike ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where was everyone before? All I heard was "Vote No" from practically everyone. Now we will surely see what hardship is like. By the way, where is all the hardliners at? Haven't heard much of a peep from anyone except, maybe Bob Owens.

I voted NO, and if I had it to do over again I would. I voted No in 2003 as well. You guys both know those TAs were sh!t sandwiches with frosting on top. It wouldn't have taken too much to tweak those TAs to get them to pass; however, the company wanted too much. They put $5.00 in your left pocket, and take $10.00 out of your right pocket. More people are reading the fine print now. If the International is pushing it - hey man - watch out.

<_< ------ What's the matter people! panic setting in?------ Have you just realized that your running out of exTWAers to through under the bus!?----- My! My! My!
The ex-TWAers are working out very well on my dock. In fact they are actually quite skilled. I do not know why you are using them as a scapegoat.

Yes they Froze our pensions too at TWA then after a couple of years they started useing the word terminated, one is not better than the other fellas so when you say hopefully just freezing our pension's you are saying the same as hopefully just terminating our pensions, just a different way of saying your screwed.

According to the TWU (from the meeting at spirit center) the TWU pension is 80% funded.
IF so, the PBGC will put up a very serious fight for preserving the pension as is.
The speakers at the meeting said the twu pension is in good shape,its the pilots that is seriously underfunded.
This is second hand info so..... take it as just that,unless someone can verify this.

The AA M&R were never the cause of the AA BK.
B) xUT

Exactly. AA in all likelihood wouldve filed anyway.(pilots)
So, Paul1...it's really a mute point isn't it?

And btw, the ONLY way I wouldve voted "yes", (had I been here)is if there was an eminent representational vote to get rid of the cancer known as the twu.

The twu sure isn't looking out for the junior seniority by giving away amt jobs, via the srp/osm program and by contracting out maintenance! AA is not going to file BK for the twu or flight attendents either, so voting in our last ta basically puts us in the same spot we are today, with the possiblity of the BK judge taking away more from that pos TA that we rejected 2 to 1. Wake up Dukie

AA has hired AMT's recently at ORD and TUL and other stations i'm sure, the TWU doesn't give away or contract out maintenance, AA does in accordance to what is in our contract. What you mean to say is there is not as many AMT jobs in OH because they have more SRP's, and in the line stations and TUL they have hired off the street recently. Voting in the TA probably wouldn't have saved AA from BK, but we would have $9k in pockets. I bring that up because I want you hardline vote NO guys to remember how wrong you were.

"Losing pre funding and working weekends are going to be the least of some mechanics problems at AA",,,,quote from bigjets, but you stood up to AA and showed them how righteous you are, hopefully you have learned your lesson and put more thought and less emotion into how this BK is going to work out.

now get your head out of your arse opie,

AA is not going to file BK for the twu or flight attendants either....why would AA file BK for the TWU and APFA?

Yes an ASM or a OSM for the aircraft. Question is will they have to be licensed and what will they sign there work off against.

What about the 1/7th rule for 7-Day coverage?

I'm thinking that 1/7th rule will be modified in AA's favor, if OH is still part of AA when all is said and done.

<_< ------ What's the matter people! panic setting in?------ Have you just realized that your running out of exTWAers to through under the bus!?----- My! My! My!

I have only good things to say about the x-TWA people including the FSC's, Pilots, F/A's there is no animosity towards the employees. Our hatred for that whole affair was our BOD decision to buy that POS airline. The people are great, but what did AA get from that, 757/767s that we don't have anymore various effectives of S80s that were in poor condition, and a whole lot of debt and pension liabilities. Not to mention a work force that say they would have been better off by themselves. Because a lot of AAers feel we would be in a better position today if AA didn't buy TWA.

Bob Owens says

"If our contract is abrogated we must react and resort to self help in spite of the NWA ruling.Judges are not supposed to make laws, they are supposed carry out the law, the judges convoluted decision in the NWA case needs to be challenged and we ain't waiting for years while the legal system jerks us around"

If we follow the rantings of this kind, we will all be screwed in the end. I don't think Bob is quite the Perry Mason (dating myself) he thinks he is. No matter how much his heart is in the right place.

I have only good things to say about the x-TWA people including the FSC's, Pilots, F/A's there is no animosity towards the employees. Our hatred for that whole affair was our BOD decision to buy that POS airline. The people are great, but what did AA get from that, 757/767s that we don't have anymore various effectives of S80s that were in poor condition, and a whole lot of debt and pension liabilities. Not to mention a work force that say they would have been better off by themselves. Because a lot of AAers feel we would be in a better position today if AA didn't buy TWA.

I work the OTS crew at DFW,not a day goes bye that we dont deal with a TWA MD80 OTS....

What pension liabilities? AA paid 1.2 billion for all of TWA then turns around and get's a 520 million dollar tax credit some 2 years later. I remeber when they paid 620 million back in the late 80's for the Chicago to London route alone. We didn't start acquireing the years earned untilt 2001 when the transition was finalized even though the AA bought us in 1999-2000 that was the payoff to the IAM for not fighting for our seniority so the TWU let us be represented for some 18 months still collecting dues . As far as the debt remember we where in bankruptcy so they picked it to the bone and acutually got paid to take TWA due to the Flight 800 and all. Well it's all history now but alot of the pages look familure now as we go through another one.

They were a lot worse before TUL fixed them up, AA OH is second to none!
Are you referring to our pay or the fact that the Line only wishes they had our work? Come on Duk keep the war going. I hope that you get your $50/hr and in the end price yourself out of a job.

757/767s that we don't have anymore various effectives of S80s that were in poor condition
/quote

If you do your homework, you'll find that TWA was acquiring quite a few new MD 80's near the end. Boeing gave them a sweetheart deal, kind of like what is happening now, because at the time no other airline was interested in purchasing new MD 80's. I remember a newspaper article showing how happy workers at the Long Beach plant were thankful for the new orders and keeping business going. TWA was actually working towards having one of the youngest fleet. Workers at the MCI base were quite busy with mods to the new planes meeting TWA configuration. Sound familar? Please do some research before just spouting off misinformation.

AV 1

just because TWA's planes are newer then AA's, doesn't mean they were in better shape, I'm speaking from experience. First we use to work TWA a/c at ORD before AA bought them, and second seeing the TWA S80's after TUL did the OH.Just because you work in the seat shop doesn't mean you have a vast experience in a/c maint. please learn the difference between new and in good shape, before you open your mouth or attack someone else. <_<

Are you referring to our pay or the fact that the Line only wishes they had our work? Come on Duk keep the war going. I hope that you get your $50/hr and in the end price yourself out of a job.

I just wanted separate contracts, not to have OH spun off. If we ever get $50 an hour it will be because that's what the market is calling for. I was hoping for $43 just like SWA. Now without a pension or retiree medical, I don't see why we won't get that in our contract after BK is over in a few years.

and for the record I was talking about TUL quality of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back