BOS-BUF

True the ERJ is inferior to the E190. However the frequency US is going in with makes this a battle route. We will have to see how committed Tempe and B6 is to serving the route.

True the ERJ is inferior to the E190. However the frequency US is going in with makes this a battle route. We will have to see how committed Tempe and B6 is to serving the route.
The old get them with express with more frequency routine guess this is LCC strategy and business plan

The old get them with express with more frequency routine guess this is LCC strategy and business plan

Same thing RIC-LGA. My coworkers and neighbors tell me they'll fly a new jet with IFE before a lawn dart, as Jet Blu starts on 03/31. I try to tell them they get better customer service, better protection on service disruptions, and a much better frequent flyer program that can get them to India or Tokyo or at least upgraded, but none of that stuff seems to matter.

Same thing RIC-LGA. My coworkers and neighbors tell me they'll fly a new jet with IFE before a lawn dart, as Jet Blu starts on 03/31. I try to tell them they get better customer service, better protection on service disruptions, and a much better frequent flyer program that can get them to India or Tokyo or at least upgraded, but none of that stuff seems to matter.

Must say I agree with you neighbors...;)

However, the US Airways frequelt flyer destinations are about the only attraction anymore, I would think.

I commute on the RJ's all the time out of PHL, and I certainly hear the comments from the passengers. On top of that...jetway/no-jetway/waiting for carry-on bags to be brought up from the cargo hold, list goes on and on...

Just no comparison, I'm afraid.

If we are trying to saturate the market (BOS-BUF) with the extra seats, and force JBLU out of there, that might just be another angle...:)

I'd question the better customer service thing. Especially if it's not mainline ground crews on either end of the flight.

And if you are not elite, Jetblue wins the reservations CS game hands down at this point. Do you want SLC or Manilla on the phone...

Must say I agree with you neighbors...;)

However, the US Airways frequelt flyer destinations are about the only attraction anymore, I would think.

I commute on the RJ's all the time out of PHL, and I certainly hear the comments from the passengers. On top of that...jetway/no-jetway/waiting for carry-on bags to be brought up from the cargo hold, list goes on and on...

Just no comparison, I'm afraid.

If we are trying to saturate the market (BOS-BUF) with the extra seats, and force JBLU out of there, that might just be another angle...:)

If I were flying RIC to SFO I would agree. But for an hour trip at the same price? With protection on Delta for maintenance issue? To me, it's really no big deal. I'm flying first class free to Munich in May, then to Sydney next year - see if jetblu can match that.

ERJ or not...I'm looking at this from the viewpoint of...

"What? They are actually going to put up a fight?"

If I were to have a choice on that route between the two, it would be a tough choice. I have never flown on JB, and have a CP for years. I choose my flight by schedule and equipment, and if they left at the same time I would rather take the E-190. But there are many factors. For the ocassional flyer, it would be the fare.

I might do it once to try JB, if the times were good. But I would still rather connect on US or NW to MHT and avoid BOS all togeather. Its interesting you can't purchase a SW flight MHT-BUF, maybe that will change too.

They sure are flooding it. Going from 3x a day to 7! Maybe they figure with so many times, the load factor and yield wont be high enough to Jetblue. Nice to see them fighting, especially in MY city.

It's about time this company got aggressive out of Boston. Now if they'd only add flights to Florida( yeah, I know, low yields- doesn't stop Delta though) and Europe(Delta begins flights to Ireland this summer). One can only hope...

It's about time this company got aggressive out of Boston. Now if they'd only add flights to Florida( yeah, I know, low yields- doesn't stop Delta though) and Europe(Delta begins flights to Ireland this summer). One can only hope...

You forgot to add making money. Doesn't stop Delta from losing a ton of it though. :D

This is the first route where US has really taken B6 "head on." When you think about it, there are very few routes where US and B6 compete on (only LGA-FLL, BOS-RIC, BOS-NAS, BOS-PIT come to mind... did I miss any others?)

The fact that BUF-BOS must be a profitable route for US shows that they arent afraid to take on B6. I think BOS-PIT will also see an increased US presence, but not the other routes.