BOS,LGA,andLAS bases to close in 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm never seen a Boston team, how about Foxboro and they dont even fly out of BOS, the Pats use PVD.

By this logic, I've never seen a Charlotte NASCAR team. Concord ain't Charlotte.

(I can't tell from a map whether Robby Gordon's shop is in Huntersville or not, but you get the point).

Never claimed anything about NASCAR, NASCAR's HOF and Brian France's office is in Charlotte, been there.

Most teams are actually based in Mooresville, NC which is a beautiful town north of Charlotte. Then Huntersville and Concord have the rest, there are teams based in VA and even one in Denver, CO.

What you must have actually meant it Lowes Motor Speedway, which use to be Charlotte Motor Speedway is in Concord, NC.

And there is no "home" team in NASCAR, now is there?

Bad comparison.

Consolidation is combining two or more airlines into a single airline, taking two management structures and combining into one (hopefully smaller than the two combined). Combining two reservation staffs into one. Flying fewer flights thru fewer hubs. THAT's consolidation.

Consolidation;

1. to bring together (separate parts) into a single or unified whole; unite; combine: They consolidated their three companies.
2. to discard the unused or unwanted items of and organize the remaining: She consolidated her home library.
3. to make solid or firm; solidify; strengthen: to consolidate gains.
4. Military. to strengthen by rearranging the position of ground combat troops after a successful attack.

US Airways - by closing BOS, LGA, and LAS - is consolidating its route network. US Airways merging with another airline would also be consolidation.

So, yes. You are right. combining 2 airlines into 1 is consolidation. But also, combining hubs and focus cities also is consolidation. I mean, when I say combine - I hope you all know I mean combine the network and traffic flows and gate swaps as opposed to literally picking up Boston and putting it beside DCA or somthing. :rolleyes: God knows some of you probably will think that.

I guess they dont teach in Airline CEO school that you cant shrink to profitability, hasnt worked in my 20 years in the business.

Parker is many levels of evil removed from Franke. Don't mistake me as a Parker cheerleader because that is factually inaccurate.

Let me put it this way. If Franke was still in charge and CEO of this combined airline there would be many more complaints about management and the unions would be spending every dime grieving most decisions made by Franke.

I know that folks from the East will wonder how the comparison and characterization could be that bad, but it is. Ask any of the West folks who lived through that sad era.

Franke was so evil, they have already named a wing in hell after him.

Parker is many levels of evil removed from Franke. Don't mistake me as a Parker cheerleader because that is factually inaccurate.

Let me put it this way. If Franke was still in charge and CEO of this combined airline there would be many more complaints about management and the unions would be spending every dime grieving most decisions made by Franke.

I know that folks from the East will wonder how the comparison and characterization could be that bad, but it is. Ask any of the West folks who lived through that sad era.
Much truth to that. Employee - pay freezes for a few years. Franke - 600+% pay raise. Late 90's if I remember correctly.

Never claimed anything about NASCAR, NASCAR's HOF and Brian France's office is in Charlotte, been there.

But the HQ is in Daytona. (see how fun this is)

What you must have actually meant it Lowes Motor Speedway, which use to be Charlotte Motor Speedway is in Concord, NC.

And there is no "home" team in NASCAR, now is there?

Bad comparison.

No. I very deliberately meant to imply the foolishness in suggesting that the Pats are not a Boston team. Charlotte's not a NASCAR town is an equally stupid statement, thus the fair comparison.

As an aside, I also very deliberately meant to imply that Robby Gordon's may be the only shop that might actually be based in Charlotte. I don't know where the municipal lines lay exactly, but I thought the part of the outerbelt ending by his shop (right where 77 cuts in) was in Huntersville. I'm also pretty sure that the 'belt does not end right by his shop, but I typically approach CLT from either the south or west, and when I visited said shop, 485 ended there. But I can't speak to the municipal boundaries in Mecklenburg county down to the inch.

Huntersville is in Mecklenburg County

RGM:
10615 Twin Lakes Parkway Charlotte, NC 28269

Franke was so evil, they have already named a wing in hell after him.

Seems they also named the Northern Arizona State University School of Business after him as well.......Dougie's Mentor

WilliamFranke.jpg

William Franke School of Business

It's a dry heat in AZ......and in hell

Let's get back on topic, ladies and gentlemen. By the way, the topic is the closing LCC bases--not NASCAR locations, Pro football team domiciles, or the afterlife addresses of former CEOS.

Other than a few Caribbean destinations, Shuttle and hubs, where does US mainline go from BOS?

I'm not sure dropping everything between BOS and the Caribbean except one or two weekly frequencies a week is "a few" but the point was that it was mainline flying being reduced in BOS. Somebody has a crazy idea that mainline wasn't being reduced there.

Jim

Lord, a mercy!

BOS flight crews fly all over the east as well as the west. LAX, SFO, etc.
I think the question of where does mainline fly out of BOS refers to non-stop mainline flights operated out of BOS not the crews that work them. The mainline flights that operate out of BOS can be operated by any crew from any crew base.

Status
Not open for further replies.