Boston Bag Belt

Doc

Veteran
Jul 15, 2003
www.usaviation.com
Curious on how much embarrassment U can stand. Saturday morning in Boston is the most embarrassing thing I have ever seen. Agents tripping over bags shouting over at each other even with the sky caps or prim flight I think I heard to witch flight to throw on the belt. What was obvious to me was the belt cannot handle more than 1 or 2 heavy flights it keeps stopping and the bags are pulled to the side that are for later flight and they throw the one on for the earlier one but the later flights just keep pilling up and I don’t think this was a heavy day OMG It was unbelievable thing I have ever seen. You couldn’t get to the kiosk people were tripping over each others bags Passengers would walk away looking back at their bags and you could see the look in their eyes my bag is never going to make it.
I wonder what the claims are on bags out of Boston…….It has to be high….

This is very Typical accross the system and the main reason for this is, THERE IS NO PREVENTIVE MAINTENACE DONE ON ANY OF THESE SYSTEMS. Nothing is ever worked on until it is broken, PERIOD FACT ! ! !
People often wonder why the front line employees are bitter towards management, just another example why.

local 12 proud said:
people want greyhound prices, give'em greyhound service :up:
Good attitude. Problem is that passengers can often get better prices and better service on other carriers. Giving passengers worse service may make you feel better (heaven knows why) but it will not help US. It will only quicken its demise.

Baggage is definitely a problem; however, I don't think BOS is that bad -comparatively speaking. I am sure it may need some work but it's nothing compared to PHL. Therein lies our most gruesome baggage dilema. PHL baggage system stinks.

There have been times I have pulled up the on hand list for several different airports and have seen maybe 30 to 40 on the list. Then I pull up PHL on hand list and see over a thousand. Come on! When is this company going to learn that something major has to be done at PHL? Do whatever it takes, but please fix PHL!

We have had major weather throughout the system over the last few days. I am sure when I go back to work most of my day will be filled with inquiries for claims tha originated or connected in PHL.

Piney,

Yet again I agree with you. I would never lump everyone into the same category, but PHL could use some customer service skills. Also, let's keep in mind that there is a bad apple in every batch. Not all PHL agents have the attitude.

youngblood said:
Baggage is definitely a problem; however, I don't think BOS is that bad -comparatively speaking. I am sure it may need some work but it's nothing compared to PHL. Therein lies our most gruesome baggage dilema. PHL baggage system stinks.

There have been times I have pulled up the on hand list for several different airports and have seen maybe 30 to 40 on the list. Then I pull up PHL on hand list and see over a thousand. Come on! When is this company going to learn that something major has to be done at PHL? Do whatever it takes, but please fix PHL!

We have had major weather throughout the system over the last few days. I am sure when I go back to work most of my day will be filled with inquiries for claims tha originated or connected in PHL.
I think PHL just fot 2 mil. for an updaye to their baggage system....

PineyBob said:
Frankly Mr. 12, I would love for some of the folks in PHL to raise their level of customer service to match that of Greyhound.
I would like to see some folks in PHL raise their level of customer service to that of Burger King.

Qualifying an entire group based upon actions of a few is something I generally avoid, but in this situation I feel 110% correct. I have been to PHL more than my fair share of times, and I cannot remember a time where I havent gotten upset at U about something.

I am sure there are employees there that focus on customer service, I just havent found them yet.

Hope777 said:
This is very Typical accross the system and the main reason for this is, THERE IS NO PREVENTIVE MAINTENACE DONE ON ANY OF THESE SYSTEMS. Nothing is ever worked on until it is broken, PERIOD FACT ! ! !
People often wonder why the front line employees are bitter towards management, just another example why.
"If it ain't fixed by 5:00 at US Airways it ain't gonna get fixed"

-A manager at A hub....

I did run into one vey good person at PHL. I was pretty shocked. In general it is awful though. On one occassion I flew back from LGW on a 767 (757?) through PIT since I couldnt get a good fare through CLT and refuse to fly through PHL. I missed the A330 Envoy, but not enough to put up with PHL. It is certainly one of the reasons I have flown 2 segments on US this year. Life is too short to connect in PHL.

Doc,

PHL did get the money to update. Wasn't it last summer? Or am I mistaken? Remember the whole fiasco when the baggage system malfunctioned? I distinctly remember hearing horror stories of mountains of baggage piled up.