BREAKING NEWS: US Airways Election Dates Announced!

A little birdie told me something at work the other day.

It seems that Andy Marshall, and Al Hemeneway might be getting a visit from the Federal Authorities.

Seems confidential information was obtained from US Airways and given to the IBT about all the furloughed employees.

The ibt organizers who visited their homes, had their new US Airways Employee numbers, funny those members were laidoff anywhere from 1999 to 2005, and never received new employee numbers from US Airways after the merger, yet the ibt had all their information, address, where they worked, where they were laid-off from and other personal and confidential information that came from US Airways personnel files.

Wonder how Andy and Al will look in orange, since it is a crime to obtain that information from the company.

Some of the furloughed employees are contacting authorities about it.
As they all should. I have always suggested for anyone to do this if ANY organization has passed out private information, or if a union has illegally obtained private information rather getting it from the company or illegally obtaining information thru hired private investigators. I encourage all of you, that had your privacy rights violated, to file a complaint. It is just plain stupid to allow the company or any union to continue this kind of behavior, as well as, it is telling the company and union involved that they can just continue to do so in the future as they wish. Put a stop to this behavior, take action and file on them both and let the gov decide who will be punished for violating your privacy rights. Good to hear some people are finally doing something about it. The mechanics at AA should have done the same thing, but I was told they were dealing with more important issues to worry about a little ol privacy rights issues, where now that the US guys are filing about the very same issue, would have received a lot more attention and vitality due to the fact it is involving the same union trying to get in at both carriers. File guys, the AA mechs should have done it too...

Reactions: 2 people
Why would you waste a vote on the ibt?

Track record at UA/CO speaks for itself.

Highest percentage of outsourcing.

Most pensions in financial trouble.

Didnt support the BCTGM at Hostess.

Oversight by the government for mafia ties and corruption.

If the IBT wants to make it a blowout all they have to do is show what mechanics make at UA, CO and UPS and then right next to that show what US mechanics earn.

Why dont you compare scope and pension. The PMUA mechanics have no pensions for over 5 years under the ibt, they hafve 3 lines of heavy, thats all.

UPS farms out everything over a B-check.

And the IAM M&R just received a 3% raise.

And your preUS IBT cba at HP was the bottom feeder of the industry.

You forgot to add that UPS has PART TIME AMT's and only a few thousand AMT's.
Hard to make a comparison with that one.

And where is FEDEX on that list? You have UPS so why not FEDEX?
Where is SPIRIT Airlines?
How about ABX cargo?
Air Wisconsin?
Alaska Central Express?
American Eagle?
Allegiant Air?
Aloha Air Cargo?
American Connection AKA CHAUTAUQUA?
Atlas Air?
Centurion Cargo?
Compass Airlines?
Evergreen Intl. Airlines?
Express Jet Airlines?
Frontier Airlines?
Horizon?
Hawaiian Airlines?
Southern Air?
Sky King?
Virgin America?
World Airways?

Many freight operators and charters have their own AMT's.
I know I worked for a couple of them in the past.

Daryl speaks about superior IAM representation compared to the Teamsters. He lived under horrible Teamster representation in PHX.

http://youtu.be/r8IwU0bT7q4

These guys read really well. Typical teamsters propaganda. Just do as we say, sit back and shut up. Does the guy in PHL know that he will have to drive to Local 210 in New York City to attend a union meeting? Does he know the president of Local 210 earns over $150,000 per year? Does he know he will not elect his "Business Rep"? Sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk-c6SfWB5s&feature=share&list=PLF0pmx1f4MplUw7-HvWupW6NdDlrSH86c

These guys read really well. Typical teamsters propaganda. Just do as we say, sit back and shut up. Does the guy in PHL know that he will have to drive to Local 210 in New York City to attend a union meeting? Does he know the president of Local 210 earns over $150,000 per year? Does he know he will not elect his "Business Rep"? Sad.
It is sad, indeed. However, it's also true what you say above. They have already proved the local issues with UAL and CAL as well as other carriers.