BREAKING NEWS: US Airways Election Dates Announced!

Funny you mentioned NWA nego's. It was AMFA at NWA that jump started the industry in leading pay and bennies.

Yea and the TWU made sure it was short lived. 2003 we were duped into accepting draconian concessions to avoid BK. Fast forward to today and we continued to give more in BK. Many forgot at AA the AMFA contract of 2000. But they all remember NWA and the strike. The AMFA contract at AA lasted longer than the strike at NWA.

Swamt,
thanks. Not sure if AMFA ever had the majority support at AMR but, even as a write-in, it will be a viable candidate. In any, case, it will necessarily mean a run-off election between the top two [presumably AMFA, IBT] if the TWU can maintain enough support to trigger one. Of course, this also assumes that nobody at AMR wants or will be writing in the IAM.

Then comes the tough question, which union pissed off the TWU supporters the most? It's a tricky situation but whoever finishes third will be in position to sway support for another union.

I know all 3 unions hate eachother's guts at this point. But I can't see AMFA or the IBT mechanics voting or pushing the 'same ole' TWU that they both worked hard to remove.

Politics at the top may also come into play. If the TWU finishes last, then the IBT may broker a deal with the TWU for support if the IAM wins the US AIRWAYS election. Messy indeed.
Not sure either here. However, if AMFA can get on the ballot by means of the "WRITE-IN" option then they are more than likely able to come in.

Swamt,
thanks. Not sure if AMFA ever had the majority support at AMR but, even as a write-in, it will be a viable candidate. In any, case, it will necessarily mean a run-off election between the top two [presumably AMFA, IBT] if the TWU can maintain enough support to trigger one. Of course, this also assumes that nobody at AMR wants or will be writing in the IAM.

Then comes the tough question, which union pissed off the TWU supporters the most? It's a tricky situation but whoever finishes third will be in position to sway support for another union.

I know all 3 unions hate eachother's guts at this point. But I can't see AMFA or the IBT mechanics voting or pushing the 'same ole' TWU that they both worked hard to remove.

Politics at the top may also come into play. If the TWU finishes last, then the IBT may broker a deal with the TWU for support if the IAM wins the US AIRWAYS election. Messy indeed.
As an organizer at AA, I can provide some info. Our membership structure pre-BK, if divided between TUL and everyone else, has mechanic&related at approx 53% in TUL and 47% everywhere else. We had a 90% or better card signing success outside of TUL and although we had to kick and scratch in TUL to get cards, as well as the IBT did I presume, we had momentum approaching the end of May. Make no mistake, all indications here is that a very high % of all AA mechanics want the TWU out. We intend to prevent them from decimating our Craft any further. If given the opportunity, we would not expect the TWU to draw much support on a ballot.
Time will tell, but I believe the total number of cards signed here at AA for AMFA exceeded what the IBT was able to bully out of AA folks. The NMB rule process leaves the ability for companies to have some control over the process and AA played their option well. I can envision here at AA that if the IBT is determined to have enough cards submitted to get us a ballot, the AMFA write-in option could be successful enough to not require a run-off.

As an organizer at AA, I can provide some info. Our membership structure pre-BK, if divided between TUL and everyone else, has mechanic&related at approx 53% in TUL and 47% everywhere else. We had a 90% or better card signing success outside of TUL and although we had to kick and scratch in TUL to get cards, as well as the IBT did I presume, we had momentum approaching the end of May. Make no mistake, all indications here is that a very high % of all AA mechanics want the TWU out. We intend to prevent them from decimating our Craft any further. If given the opportunity, we would not expect the TWU to draw much support on a ballot.
Time will tell, but I believe the total number of cards signed here at AA for AMFA exceeded what the IBT was able to bully out of AA folks. The NMB rule process leaves the ability for companies to have some control over the process and AA played their option well. I can envision here at AA that if the IBT is determined to have enough cards submitted to get us a ballot, the AMFA write-in option could be successful enough to not require a run-off.
Now that would be awesome! Great update thanks...

Watch 25 year UAL Mechanic from SFO tell the real deal about the Teamsters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk-c6SfWB5s&feature=share&list=PLF0pmx1f4MplUw7-HvWupW6NdDlrSH86c

The Real Truth

The second vote, Siegel stated he was going to hold his own vote and mailed letters to every single mechanic and related household outlining section 1113C and its ramifications.

There were no retro-concessions after the 1992 strike.

The concessions were taken after the first chapter 11. Since the members didn’t ratify on the timeline, money was taken out as part of the concessionary package due to Section 1113C.

Pete can’t even comprehend the information he reads, two planes on his outsourcing list are lease returns that are parked and haven’t flown revenue flights in over 200 days! Nothing more than misinformation

US never had maintenance in CHO which is Charlottesville, VA, and many of the stations listed have been closed for years due to economic conditions, not the IAM’s doing! Last time I checked we still have maintenance in LGA, MIA was moved to FLL,

Pete had no problem gaining from IAM’s and played company man on his PIP tour of duty.

The IAM never tried to organize the NW’s mechanic and related after they went amfa.

No IAM member will lose being an IAM member with the association; they will still be IAM members but just pay dues to the TWU if their station is a TWU represented station.

Pete complains about the IAM. How about in 2005 when the IBT, ALPA, IAM made an agreement during the concessions at CO, that if one union voted down concessions no union would implement concessions. The IBT represented the mechanic and related at CO. The IAM represented Flight Attendants voted down concessions. Yet the IBT leadership behind the back of the Negotiating Committee and membership, forced concessions on the mechanics. The ibt didn’t think twice and screwed their own membership and went back on their word. Why didn’t Pete mention that?

Reactions: 1 person
Who will be next on the hit list.

AS for Line Maintenance stations, I’ll let the facts speak for themselves, we had over 49 line stations and now are down to around 19.

In RED lost under the IAM and this doesn't include HEAVY CUTS in some stations!

AS for Line Maintenance stations, I’ll let the facts speak for themselves, we had over 49 line stations and now are down to around 19.
ALB, ATL, BDL, BOS, BTV, BUF, BWI, CLE, CLT, CMH, CVG, DAY, DCA, DEN, DFW, DTW, ELP, EWR, FLL, GSO,IAH, ILM, IND, INT, JAX, JFK, LAS, LAX, LGA, MCO, MDT, MIA, ORD, ORF, PHL, PHX, PIT, PVD, RDU, RIC, ROA, ROC, SAN, SDF, SEA, SFO, STL, SYR, TPA

SO WHO IS NEXT IF IAM / TWU STAY AT THE HELM? :eek:

Think Hard and Vote For A Change IBT!!! :D

The company has the right to run its business when they had over 500 planes INT and GSO were needed.

With 300 planes they didnt need them.

US never had maintenance in DEN and MIA was moved to FLL, that station was added.

I guess two bankruptcies, 9/11, SARS, Fuel Prices and two bankruptcies had nothing to do with it.

How many stations were closed and lost at NW under AMFA?

What about the AS OAK heavy maintenance at AS that was closed?

How about ACA aka Independence Air that lost all its mechanics under AMFA's watch?

And the ibt outsources more work under all their carriers CO/UA and UPS than any IAM CBA.

Reactions: 2 people
Little more info.[background=rgb(242, 242, 242)]
700UW, on 02 July 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]

Guess you have a hard time comprehending the CBA language, and ATL is an old HP station, not a US one as US closed it before the merger.

Learn to read and understand:[/background]

I guess we can count ATL as another station the IAM lost under it's watch!!! GOOD THING THE IBT HAD ATL AT AWA OR WE WOULD NOT HAVE THAT STATION NOW. :lol:

Gee what about CMH?

You had a hub there, where are the mechanics now?

And you under the ibt cba you outsourced every check above a C, and under the ibt you werent able to get any work back and had your planes done at Aeroman and that is why the 50% is able to be outsourced because of the west's previous outsourcing.

I thought you said before MIA was a mainline station for US. Which is true? Did you mean mainline ramp and passenger service? If it isn't why are you spreading misinformation?

And we all know MIA is an express station for s-UA thanks to the IAM, s-CO is mainline.

Besides isn't MIA a very small station for US? Just a few flights on J concourse to CLT and PHL, no club or any flying beyond those two?

Josh

MIA is mainline, when US opened up their FLL Focus City they moved maintenance from MIA to FLL.

UA and CO have nothing to do with this thread or topic, there is a UA board for that.

And it was negotiated by the IAM and UA and approved by the members.