Bright Futures or Busted Dreams

safety stud

Senior
Apr 6, 2006
Visit site
I have been a member of this site for quite some time. I have read many viewpoints I can relate to and others I dis-agree with. As a flight attendant for USAirways from Pittsburgh, I have look upon this so called marriage between Delta and USAirways as an opportunity for growth. I don't look at is as an attempt for Doug Parker to capitalize on slow negotiations with the the America West/USAirways merger. This is a sound, well thought out prospect to gain huge market share for both domestic and international travel.

Unlike past CEO's, who have gone into the marketplace with and agenda, Doug Parker has gone into this with the backing of Finacial Institutions, Strong Legal Teams, Great Public Relations, and a general attitude of taking no prisoners I haven't seen in the 25 years I have been here. I have seen this airline merge many times before this, and guess what, we are still here. Unlike other airlines that haven't made it past poor labor or financial strife.

Everyone you talk to wonders how it will effect them. Yet no one is looking into the big picture. Honestly, where do you see this airline in 5 years, 10 years, 20 years? Unless you have a crystal ball and can fortell the future no one knows how this will all play out. I don't mind having the name Delta on my paycheck. You see, as long as I get one, I'm happy. We can all look at where we came from, but now is the time to see where we are going. If it's not Delta, Maybe it's Northwest, Maybe is American, who know's? Do you...

The point of this thread is simple. We can all either get along and make this the airline to beat or we can beat ourselves and become nothing. Each one of us has a duty we where hired for. Simple. Do your job to the best of your ablity or move on. Quit holding on to the dreams of the past and where you come from. North South East West is no matter. We all came from somewhere. Quit fighting and get on with it. Because if we don't then we will either have a BRIGHT FUTURE or a BUSTED DREAM to live with.

I, for one, can live with myself because I know I did my level best to make this airline survive and prosper. Yes, I sacrificed my livelyhood, Yes I am making less money than I did before, Yes I am working more hours, However, my small my little piece of the puzzle, is how this airline survived and is feared by others. No one likes change, It's not easy. But change is going to happen whether we like it or not.

This is just my opinion...

The animosity comes partially at least from the perception that the employees of one airline (HP) are being dragged into the turmoil of a "domestic violence" relationship between another airline and it's management (US). And from the way some would-be victims behave it's hard not to think that they contributed to instigating the violence. Now another group is being dragged into the mix. Will the loyalty and better relations of DAL employees rub off on the eternal victims? It's hard to say. But I doubt they will stand for anymore whining.

I don't see why folks criticize US's baggage handling. They seem to have done an exemplary job of dragging their emotional baggage with them everywhere they go and pulling out the dirty laundry for all to see.

DAL needs EAWOBs. Employees Arriving Without Baggage.

koolaid.jpg

I have been a member of this site for quite some time. I have read many viewpoints I can relate to and others I dis-agree with. As a flight attendant for USAirways from Pittsburgh, I have look upon this so called marriage between Delta and USAirways as an opportunity for growth. I don't look at is as an attempt for Doug Parker to capitalize on slow negotiations with the the America West/USAirways merger. This is a sound, well thought out prospect to gain huge market share for both domestic and international travel.

Unlike past CEO's, who have gone into the marketplace with and agenda, Doug Parker has gone into this with the backing of Finacial Institutions, Strong Legal Teams, Great Public Relations, and a general attitude of taking no prisoners I haven't seen in the 25 years I have been here. I have seen this airline merge many times before this, and guess what, we are still here. Unlike other airlines that haven't made it past poor labor or financial strife.

Everyone you talk to wonders how it will effect them. Yet no one is looking into the big picture. Honestly, where do you see this airline in 5 years, 10 years, 20 years? Unless you have a crystal ball and can fortell the future no one knows how this will all play out. I don't mind having the name Delta on my paycheck. You see, as long as I get one, I'm happy. We can all look at where we came from, but now is the time to see where we are going. If it's not Delta, Maybe it's Northwest, Maybe is American, who know's? Do you...

The point of this thread is simple. We can all either get along and make this the airline to beat or we can beat ourselves and become nothing. Each one of us has a duty we where hired for. Simple. Do your job to the best of your ablity or move on. Quit holding on to the dreams of the past and where you come from. North South East West is no matter. We all came from somewhere. Quit fighting and get on with it. Because if we don't then we will either have a BRIGHT FUTURE or a BUSTED DREAM to live with.

I, for one, can live with myself because I know I did my level best to make this airline survive and prosper. Yes, I sacrificed my livelyhood, Yes I am making less money than I did before, Yes I am working more hours, However, my small my little piece of the puzzle, is how this airline survived and is feared by others. No one likes change, It's not easy. But change is going to happen whether we like it or not.

This is just my opinion...
I am a DL F/A, and I feel the same way. A very well thought out post. We all have pride in our companies, but like you said, a paycheck is a paycheck. If this merger goes through, we ALL just want to be treated fairly and with respect. We all have been through enough the last few years... :up:

I am a DL F/A, and I feel the same way. A very well thought out post. We all have pride in our companies, but like you said, a paycheck is a paycheck. If this merger goes through, we ALL just want to be treated fairly and with respect. We all have been through enough the last few years... :up:
Do you really believe Frank Lorenzo, er, I mean Doug Parker, has any respect for anyone?!

I have been a member of this site for quite some time....

Well said and I completely agree. My only apprehension is the merging of our animosity/apathy with their remaining loyalty. The two just won't merge well together. This part of the DL proposal I think Doug Parker has underestimated.