British Airways In Talks With American, Continental

Whatchyou talkin' 'bout? TWA LLC flew 18 DC-9s until September 11, 2001:

http://www.shareholder.com/aa/EdgarDetail....2&SID=01-00

Middle East routes? In the wake of September 11? Seriously?
<_< ------- Yea! seriously! Where do you think most of the money that you put into your gas tank go's? Heathrow? :unsure: There's $$$Billions in business class that go in that direction every day!!!-------- Think about it! Again, AA could take advantage of TWA's connections in that part of the World, but doesn't have the balls to do it! Is that our fault? Is there value there? You bet!!!! Did you know TWA helped found Saudia?-------- We sold them their first DC-3, and set up their maintenance Dept. I work with people here that worked for them under contract from TWA. Some spent years over there!

<_< ------- Yea! seriously! Where do you think most of the money that you put into your gas tank go'es? Heathrow? :unsure: There's $$$Billions in busness class that go in that direction every day!!!-------- Think about it!

Most of our oil imports now come from Canada and Mexico, both of which supply us with more oil than Saudi Arabia. Here's the official stats:

http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/pet_move..._im0_mbbl_a.htm

We get almost as much from Hugo in Venezuela as we do from Saudi Arabia.

And even if your earlier statement was correct, what makes you think those oil-rich customers would pay AA for its crappy First and Biz? Why wouldn't those customers fly one of the Arab airlines?

Most of our oil imports now come from Canada and Mexico, both of which supply us with more oil than Saudi Arabia. Here's the official stats:

http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/pet_move..._im0_mbbl_a.htm

We get almost as much from Hugo in Venezuela as we do from Saudi Arabia.

And even if your earlier statement was correct, what makes you think those oil-rich customers would pay AA for its crappy First and Biz? Why wouldn't those customers fly one of the Arab airlines?
<_< ------ Oh yee of little vision!!! It don't matter if "We" don't get our oil from them! -----Where is the next financial Capital of the World?------ DUBAI, Emirates!!!! Check it out! Real World here!!! And if AA's First Class Service is that "crappy"! FIX IT!!!!There is "BIG" money to be made in that part of the world. All I'm saying is AA could be building on what TWA has already done and has choosen not to! :down: :angry:

AA is flying a great number of acquired TWA MD-83's which have more range than the older model AA MD-80's. Of course, AA refers to them all as S-80's. On DFW-SEA flights, the MD-83's from TWA don't have to be weight restricted and go out full unlike the older, AA aircraft that frequently can't even carry a full load DFW to the west coast. This is worth some value.

If you're going to jump into an argument, try to have a valid one. :blink: MD-80's, regardless of range are not exactly argument/point winning material. Particularly not when the planes were in the dumpy condition that TWA's were in. Know what I'm saying?

I'm not jumping into any arguments about what I think about the TWA deal because I REALLY did open this thread to see comments about AA and CO entering a deal with BA. I can see that the thread title has A LOT to do with the AA/TWA purchase. :rolleyes:

If you're going to jump into an argument, try to have a valid one. :blink: MD-80's, regardless of range are not exactly argument/point winning material. Particularly not when the planes were in the dumpy condition that TWA's were in. Know what I'm saying?

I'm not jumping into any arguments about what I think about the TWA deal because I REALLY did open this thread to see comments about AA and CO entering a deal with BA. I can see that the thread title has A LOT to do with the AA/TWA purchase. :rolleyes:

Skymess,

They always try to spin the topic into an AA/TWA debate. It gets really old seeing it over and over again. :rolleyes:

Chill out Chris. First, Wade is not the one who hijacked this thread. Secondly, whether you like it or not, TWA is now a part of the AA heritage, just as Trans Caribbean Airways, Air Cal and Reno are.

Chill out Chris. First, Wade is not the one who hijacked this thread. Secondly, whether you like it or not, TWA is now a part of the AA heritage, just as Trans Caribbean Airways, Air Cal and Reno are.

I know they are. I'm just saying that adding anymore MD-80's to the gajillions we already had is not exactly worth bragging about!

<_< ------ My, my, my, you do get around these days aa! As usual, your wrong again! Last word out of STL, the hanger there was staying! At least for the time being. And the old TWA hanger at LAX, is also! As for the Hanger here at MCI, we're doing fine, thank you! The City is pouring Millions$$$ into the old girl, and she's really not looking too bad. The place is full of shinny AA metal! And let me point out one little fact! Just because your old, doesn't mean your bad! I believe TUL is older than MCI!!! And AA at LAX has hangers that are older than TWA's! And you've brought up some interesting points! first when AA acquired TWA, one of the first things they did was gut this place! We as exTWAers tried to point out the fact that they were throughing away Millions $$$ in, yes, old, but serviceable tooling, and parts! New parts they couldn't be bothered with, because they didn't have AA part numbers went into the scrap pile!!We asked if we could buy some of it, and told, no way! I've personally seen this! They closed down one of the best APU overhaul facilities in the country. And engine overhaul! ---------- If AA wants to through out "old TWA" money$$$! Or not take advantage of assets just because they were TWA, we can't be held responsible for that! Another interesting point you've brought up! The fact AA is not taking advantage of TWA's Mid-East routes! This could be a real money maker for them if flown! Where's all that oil $$$$ going? Like it or not, that's where the money is!! Not at Heathrow! I know for a fact AA considered it. But quickly walked away from them! If AA doesn't have the back bone to fly these routs themselves, you know, they could resurrect TWAllc, and fly them under those colors!!! :up: --------Oh! another fact! TWA hasn't flown DC-9's for years before the aquisition! :shock:

Nobody mentioned the TWA Hanger at LGA which AA acquired and last I heard was rentin for $2000 per day.

So AA could have...

But they didn't .

AA has finally grown cojones?

The TWA trophies have been sitting on AA's mantel, it's time to dust them off, friendo.

That with CAL's better service reecord, and BA's watchful eye, should make AA that great airline that it was once was under Casey- Crandal.

Or the sale of WorldSpan for $500,000,000, give or take a few $$s
$500 million? This is an excellent example of how you and other TWAers grossly inflate the value of TWA's assets in order to justify your attempted (and unsuccesful) rape of nAAtives. As one of your fellow TWAers stated, AA received around $220 million (not $500 million) for Worldspan which AA took possession of for the $200 million it dispersed to TWA to keep that airline on life support. Again, AA did not need TWA's European route authorities to start service to the EU countries due to open skies. Those TWA EU route authorities are about as valuable as those TWA stock certificates; WORTHLESS, not worth the paper they are printed on. I will say it again; TWA brought virtually nothing of value to the table; definitely not worth the price AA paid and very definitely not worth giving you DOH at the expense of nAAtives.

Also, I forgot to include the JFK hangar. Again, it was redundant so AA abandoned it.

American Airlines, Delta Air Lines and Northwest Airlines have completed the sale of travel reservations company Worldspan.

The three carriers have reportedly sold the computerised reservations system used by travel agents to Travel Transaction Processing in a deal worth about USD1bn. Under the terms of the deal, Delta, which had a 40% stake, received USD285m in cash and USD125m in credits for Worldspan services over nine years. The carrier also received a USD45m subordinated promissory note that matures in 2012.
Northwest got USD280m in cash for its 34% stake, as well as credits for future services, while American received USD180m in cash and a USD39m promissory note for its 26% stake.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0CW..._2/ai_104615522

$180 million in cash and an IOU for $39 million.

Hangar 12 as well as Hangar 17 were both in need of costly asbestos abatement due to their ages.As such, neither is currently in use other than as storage.

Hangar 17 houses wrecked police and fire equipment recovered from Ground Zero as well as the last I beam recovered from the site and Hangar 12 houses Port Authority snow removal equipment as well as other Port ground equipment.

Getting back on topic, is it possible that AA will use its new JFK terminal to service only the major business centers of the world and funnel traffic to the secondary cities of Europe to CO through EWR? Given the recent capacity constraints at JFK, it seems AA will be unable to add flights to the smaller EU cities like the ones CO serves from EWR. Is it also possible that BA can see itself feeding COs vast number of domestic cities through EWR? EWR is a true NYC area hub where AA at JFK is just a very large focus city.