BUSH vs OBAMA

delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
Downrange
www.youtube.com
wdcgt_bush_obama_090302.jpg

Bush had class, that's the difference.

Being president of the U.S., the most powerful man in 'the world, is often most about perception. The man (or, one day, woman) in the job takes actions large and small every day, but it is the perception of the man that seeps into the everyday lives of working Americans.

That’s why presidential candidates always hit Philadelphia for a cheesesteak during campaigns (Democrats to Pat’s, Republicans to Geno’s). Sure, they’re running billion-dollar operations trying to win the White House, but one picture of them wolfing down a Cheez Whiz-covered glob of meat on a Philly street hits home with millions of voters: “Hey, that guy’s just like me! He loves him a Pat’s [or Geno’s] cheesesteak, too!” (Unless you’re John F. Kerry and order Swiss cheese — then everyone hates you.

Sometimes, that perception cuts to the core. Like when President George W. Bush stopped playing golf in 2003, at the height of the Iraq War.
“I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal,” he said years later. “I don’t want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf. I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them.”
That’s also why Mr. Bush did two other things, without fanfare or praise. First, he never headed home to his Texas ranch until after Christmas, instead going to Camp David for a few days. That way, the hundreds of people revolving around him at all times — White House staff, Secret Service agents, reporters, photographers, all the others — could spend the holiday with their families in and around Washington, D.C. No one ever reported that — until this column.
Second, he rarely attended sporting events, although he once owned a baseball team and was a self-confessed stats junkie. His thinking there was the same: If he went to a baseball game (right down the street from the White House), his mere presence would mean hours and hours of extra security for fans. He once stopped off at the Daytona 500 and the metal detectors through which every fan had to pass left thousands outside in line when the green flag fell; he didn’t attend many sporting events after that.

But something remarkable has happened with these occupants of the White House: Neither President Obama nor first lady Michelle appear to give a damn about perception. They won the White House and, by God, they’re going to enjoy their time there, no matter the cost. And who cares what you think, anyway?
How else to explain the nonstop vacations the pair keep taking during what Mr. Obama calls the “worst financial crisis since the Great Depression”? In 2013, the First Family has already enjoyed three vacations — that’s one a month. (Sorry, Joe America, you might have to forget your week at the beach again this year, but make sure you get those taxes in on time!)

Read more: http://p.washingtont.../#ixzz2PDvSZcxR

Reactions: 2 people
great article dell, I am sure the board libs will be in screaming like jungle howler monkeys to defend the great one in no time

Class is looking for WMD's under the White House sofa while soldiers are dying in Iraq. I would have prefer he'd play golf. Another classy move was urging the enemy to "bring 'em on" against our troops. And that humble man....rather than go to a sporting event...why not charter a fighter jet and land on an aircraft carrier to announce "mIssion accomplished' 5 years ahead of time. But this guy describes the classiest thing Bush did as president:

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-U9N_SN7T0[/VIDEO]

Reactions: 1 person
Wonder what it cost in dollars and lives Obama flying across the globe spiking the football on UBL's grave?

Mission Accomplished

Insurgents shot down a U.S. military helicopter during fighting in eastern Afghanistan, killing 30 Americans, most of them belonging to the same elite unit as the Navy SEALs who killed former Al Qaeda leader Usama bin Laden, U.S. officials said Saturday. It was the deadliest single loss for American forces in the decade-old war against the Taliban.

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz2PG3A3VY5[/background]​

Wonder what it cost in dollars and lives Obama flying across the globe spiking the football on UBL's grave?

Mission Accomplished
Did Obama make a joke out of anyones death? "They gotta be around here somewhere", said the leader of the free world as he looked under a sofa. Class.

The guy who died the day that Bush was doing his "Mission Accomplished" speech aboard the carrier.

http://www.cnn.com/S...lAway=Habbaniya

I am quite sure others have died while we were all toiling away at our gardens or having a beer with friends. Of course many have died while we sit here behind our keyboards pissing and moaning about how bad the world is.

When I take a step back and look, it makes me a little ill to think that I can bitchh about anything.

Be careful where you throw stones...

The guy who died the day that Bush was doing his "Mission Accomplished" speech aboard the carrier.

http://www.cnn.com/S...lAway=Habbaniya

I am quite sure others have died while we were all toiling away at our gardens or having a beer with friends. Of course many have died while we sit here behind our keyboards pissing and moaning about how bad the world is.

When I take a step back and look, it makes me a little ill to think that I can bitchh about anything.

Be careful where you throw stones...

I'm sure the Dems have something in store for you and your free speech thingy !

BaRack: Reap what you sow , brother !

dude what did I tell you? you called the howler monkeys and they came howling...lmao

rat....sorry, but when the commander in chief urged the enemy to attack the troops with his bring 'em on comments, he should have been impeached on the grounds of treason.

Joking about the reason that Cindy Sheehan's son was in Iraq - ONE MONTH after her son was killed there? Maybe not making fun of a dead person, but certainly poking some serious fun at the reason her son (and others) was killed. But the right did a fantastic job as painting her as a looney. How dare she question the president...she should just slap another yellow ribbon on the back of her SUV like the rest of the good patriots.

Just two wings on the same Bird of Prey.

It's a BIG Club run by Banksters folks and we ain't in it.

rat....sorry, but when the commander in chief urged the enemy to attack the troops with his bring 'em on comments, he should have been impeached on the grounds of treason.

Joking about the reason that Cindy Sheehan's son was in Iraq - ONE MONTH after her son was killed there? Maybe not making fun of a dead person, but certainly poking some serious fun at the reason her son (and others) was killed. But the right did a fantastic job as painting her as a looney. How dare she question the president...she should just slap another yellow ribbon on the back of her SUV like the rest of the good patriots.

Like I asked previously and in true liberal/progressive fashion.....you failed to respond.....could it be you can't?

And Bush made a joke out of someones death?

Like I asked previously and in true liberal/progressive fashion.....you failed to respond.....could it be you can't?
I'll type slow Dell. We should never have been in Iraq. Bush sent us to Iraq to look for WMD's because we didn't want the smoking gun to come in the form of a mushroom cloud. Casey Sheenan was killed in this hunt for the WMD's that threatened life in the US as we know it. This happened in April 2004. One month later, Bush is making light of the fact that we DIDN'T find these WMD's...looking behind curtains and under sofas because "they gotta be around here somewhere". He might as well have danced on the grave of every soldier who died "fighting for our freedoms" over there. Or did you think that was kind of funny?

Latest posts