Buyout with the merger

OK all you "know it all's". A-25 is aircraft line maintenance qualification. It is a requirement for line maintenance. We are not talking about CC in any way. Wow, a bunch of professionals on the East coast.

Why did Peterson (DFW local President) sell us out on the 6 scale license premium during negotiations? Basically the "regional" pay we have been screaming for.

Hopefully all the TUL guys can get to DFW, but I doubt it, it looks like you are all headed to ORD or LAX. Too bad you Tulsa guys screwed all the line guys, because now you have to live with the contract you shoved down our throats, karma is a ball buster, good luck non-reving.

Don't forget the FAA will go through every green sheet when they do a station visit.

Reactions: 2 people
OK all you "know it all's". A-25 is aircraft line maintenance qualification. It is a requirement for line maintenance. We are not talking about CC in any way. Wow, a bunch of professionals on the East coast.

Why did Peterson (DFW local President) sell us out on the 6 scale license premium during negotiations? Basically the "regional" pay we have been screaming for.

My guess is that regional pay doesn't help DFW mechs because its cheap to live and it doesn't help his members, but now that he represents all line mechs I can all only believe that it would be different now.

Obviously reading comprehension isn't one of your strong points. The similarity is that the tests are subject to manipulation. Two people could perform exactly the same by be graded differently.

6 scale license premium? The only thing that came up was Ream offered an additional 50 cents for the line Premium, Hewitt said that if that stayed that the offer was D.O.A in Tulsa, Title II would not get it either, so they killed it. Peterson had nothing to do with it.

Reactions: 4 people
Don't forget the FAA will go through every green sheet when they do a station visit.
The FAA does visits to Tulsa also and they look at lots of stuff. All the maint. pattern cards and E58s. Not trying to sound pompous but there is a lot more to look at in TULE than any line station.

A few questions please, as I am trying to follow along and learn as much as I can.

What is an A25?

What is the function of a Crew Cheif, and why must they interview? Is it a management position with the company?

If there was a bid to the line, for example, couldn't an O/H person just bid that position based on their senority?

What are Maint. Pattern Cards and E 58's ? A type of O/H job card?

A few questions please, as I am trying to follow along and learn as much as I can.

What is an A25?

What is the function of a Crew Cheif, and why must they interview? Is it a management position with the company?

If there was a bid to the line, for example, couldn't an O/H person just bid that position based on their senority?

What are Maint. Pattern Cards and E 58's ? A type of O/H job card?

The A25 test is a line mechanics test. You need to have taken and passed it to be a mechanic on the line.

A Crew Chief, is a non management position, and is the same as a “Lead Mechanic”. He or she assigns tasks to their crew, reviews and releases log books, etc. I don’t know the details on the new bidding process, but in the past, the most senior person was awarded the bid. Now there is an interview process, which I am unfamiliar with.

As far as going to the line, you don’t bid a line position. You can put in a transfer to a line station and it goes by seniority. If there are not any openings, you have to wait until one opens.

Pattern cards are work cards that give instructions on how to do a task, like changing an oil filter or what is required to do an overnight check.

An E-58 is a form that is used to document a discrepancy. The bottom portion of that form is used to document what was done to correct it and any other actions taken

As far as going to the line, you don’t bid a line position. You can put in a transfer to a line station and it goes by seniority. If there are not any openings, you have to wait until one opens.

Slopoke is correct with the caveat of if there is a RIF (reduction in force). Then seniority determines who and how the "bump and roll" affects everyone.

Obviously reading comprehension isn't one of your strong points. The similarity is that the tests are subject to manipulation. Two people could perform exactly the same by be graded differently.

Bob, your passive attack on another person’s intelligence insults your own intelligence. You are correct that test interpretation is very objective. If you seriously consider the facts, TUL has the ability to test their own and will take care of their own.

I don't like all this attack on the OH mechs abilities. Just like anywhere else a majority are good mechs, they were book smart enough to get an A&P. a line test isn't that hard. The OH guys are good guys once they get to the line, when they realize how bad they screwed themselves by screwing the line guys.

Latest posts