Calling In Sick Over The Holidays

extwacaptain

Aug 20, 2002
Visit site
Calling in Sick Over the Holidays

It should not be surprising that some employees feel that THEIR holiday celebrations are more important than anyone else’s.

Don’t forget that most TWA employees will have ALL future holidays off, thanks to the disgusting and unforgivable “integrationâ€￾ imposed by the unions of American Airlines.

Randy

extwacaptain said:

It should not be surprising that some employees feel that THEIR holiday celebrations are more important than anyone else’s.
Were you referring to when the TWA flight attendants staged a sick out over Christmas several years ago forcing the cancellation of a large percentage of TWA flights?

The death of TWA is probably the longest in aviation history. I hope for everyones sake that we all can move on from the angst of what was probably AA's biggest mistake. Good luck to all the ex-TWA'ers and those that want to be a part of AA may you see recall letters sooner than later.

Don’t forget that most TWA employees will have ALL future holidays off, thanks to the disgusting and unforgivable “integrationâ€￾ imposed by the unions of American Airlines.

Randy

I can not believe ou want to blame the Unions at American Airlines for the unfortunate demise of a once great Airline. American and its Unions kept TWA alive a few extra years while wasting millions of dollars we could use now on a proven failure of a company. I agree it was the worst mistake AA has made and I wish we could take it back. To Blame the AA unions is stupid. TWA was dead before AA got them.

I do not think anyone blamed the demise of TWA on the Unions. AA purchased TWA under the condition TWA go into bankruptcy. That was AA's condition for the purchase. Now what happen in the integration of the workgroups was the problem with the union. The APFA refused to even speak to or consider meeting with the IAM, the bargaining agent for the TWA F/As. AA expected APFA to do so to resolve seniority issues. As a result, all TWA F/As were stapled to the bottom of the list and then furloughed. AA continues to operate the TWA aircraft using nAAtive F/As. In several court cases when an entity purchases another entity, then gets rid of the entity's employees and uses its own employees to take their jobs, the courts have struck down such actions. Some here say lets put this to bed and move on. This is only the beginning not the end. No one on the TWA side is likely to move on until the courts resolve the issues. This is not going away until a better solution is at hand.

extwacaptain said:

Randy
Randy,

I think it's time to just drop the AA/TWA deal. :rolleyes: No matter how much you b*tch and complain, it will not change what happened. I along with thousands off AA employees wish that AA never bought TWA, but we're just the "employees" and have no saying in the matter.

Yes, every airline has high sick calls during the holidays. It's something that has been happening before you and I ever worked for an airline.

operaations said:

Don’t forget that most TWA employees will have ALL future holidays off, thanks to the disgusting and unforgivable “integration” imposed by the unions of American Airlines.

Randy

I can not believe ou want to blame the Unions at American Airlines for the unfortunate demise of a once great Airline. American and its Unions kept TWA alive a few extra years while wasting millions of dollars we could use now on a proven failure of a company. I agree it was the worst mistake AA has made and I wish we could take it back. To Blame the AA unions is stupid. TWA was dead before AA got them.
operations;
If you are the NON union person I suspect that you are, WHAT friggin' EXPERTISE do YOU possess, to comment on the UNION part of topic, started here by "extwacaptain" ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????----- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .....

NH/BB's

It's not just the airlines that have a higher sick-call rate during the holidays it's every company. The fact isn't that TWA was the worst thing American ever did , It's the fact that the economy was already going down and Sept. 11 happened. I know it was tragic but it seems to me that the native at American want to blame TWA for the problem.
The airline now has as many aircraft as it did prior to the buyout. The fact that they sold Worldspan for more than they payed for the entire airline tells me that it was not a bad decision; just bad timing and terrible management. Don Carty blatantly padding his and all other upper management person's pocket, for example. We will probly really never know the damage he did. The fact that his right hand man is now CEO raises a question or two, also.
The fact of the matter is it's not the emplyee's fault and it's not TWA's problems that are at fault . It is the hidden faults that American, already possesed. If you look back in the last year the airline has gone through a big restructuring becouse of these faults. Having been a TWA employee has let me see that neither airline is perfect , TWA was better at treating there employees, American was making money and now is again. The fact that they are going to close the base at MCI is a little dis-heartening but you have to look at the future and keeping it open is of no use to the company really. I don't loke it and still pary that it will not happen, but I'm not holding my breath.
The unoins are obviously corupt and that is why we are in the state we are now in.
TWU's Mr. Little proved that. The fact that the local at the station I was at during the concessions, gave out AMFA cards in the same hand they gave us the new contract language, proves it to me also. It's not that we just want a new union, it's the fact that there is no other option.

One thought TWAAer - it seems to me that terrorists have historically favored the two US "international" airlines - TWA and Pan AM. It's my belief that if TWA would have still been operating on 9/11/01, it would have been all TWA jets used in the attacks. The impact on the industry still would have been as bad.