Holiday Mess

golden1 said:
I have not logged for 4 days ,until this very moment..
I still am in dis-believe that the BELIEVERS VOTED for the new contract..

Just wait.....Untill MORE CITIES ARE EXPRESSED OUT< then lets see if you still KISS the CCy'S @$$! And keep giving....

They are NOT DONE>>>They will cut more and more and more...

I'm done,,resume has been polished and I've been networking..

SCREW THIS PLACE ....

THEY ARE NASTY.
THEY ARE EVIL.
THIS IS A BAD COMPANY to work for...

Mgmt BLAMES the employees for EVERYTHING!

THE WINTER MESS, FOX news reported one hell of a story(negative)on US>..

What does mgmt say?

High volume of sick calls,from agents.
High Sick call volume from F/A.

NOT ONCE DID THOSE BASTARDS in CCY ever apologize for THE INCONVIENCE>..

For God's sake, apologize, noooooo...Blame the employees...

I HOPE EACH ONE OF THEM ROT IN HELL!!!!! :down: :down: :down: :down:
[post="232044"][/post]​

AGREED

700UW said:
The ironic thing is PHL is the #1 money making city.
[post="232033"][/post]​

Not any more. Thousands of customers have just left USAirways forever. Not even sure a cheap seat can buy them back.

PHL will soon look like BWI, LAX, PHX, MHT, PVD......A sky full of Canyon Blue topped B737's gleefully and profitably accomodating former U customers. USAir: The best thing that ever happened to Southwest Airlines since 1988.

Doc said:
You people amaze me…..So if a company decides after 25 years of service that you are not worth what they are paying you then it’s just too bad. Oh and I have a degree but I loved working with people so I stayed and it was a fun ride. But don’t sit there and tell me to go out and better my self because some company can just throw you aside. Sounds like a republican comment to me. But I will save that rant for another board…..your thoughts are limited by your narrow minded ness.
[post="232041"][/post]​

Democrat here, sorry. Learned my lesson during the first BUSH (the one after Reagan).

Did you not learn that companies today don't give a rats a$$ about you anymore? Oh yeah, you just learned that lesson. I learned it back in 1990. And most recently this year. The only narrow minededness is yours. I never said "it’s just too bad". I wouldn't have taken a huge paycut to remain with an employer that did that. You did. It was your choice to stay with them. I have 4 very good friends that "were" US employees. They all left this year after the first round of cuts. Each one moved to better paying jobs with more stability. 2 of them even went to other airlines. They knew it was time to leave. And each one says they're much happier.

I worked Fri and today. Was awarded Sat 25Dec off and enjoyed it very much. Had I been scheduled to work Sat. I would've worked then too. I would not have called in sick on the holiday. That being said, I do not and will not blame my coworkers. Each of us have a personal decision to make and we have been loyal and faithful to this company for years. Look where it has gotten us. I feel bad for the psgrs, I talked to quite a few who were very angry and most just wanted to get home for the holidays. The thing that made me the maddest is the statement the company made on our website and to the media. How dare they blame this weekend on the employees!! How dare Bruce Lakefield say we are a team. How dare he say this company needs everyone to do thier part if we are to succeed!! This man has no clue or compassion. Where is his part of the pain and sacrifice. I was sickened to read where Bruce felt he was owed his salary because he hardly ever got to see his wife and had to keep up two households. Barf...Barf.. Puke..Puke. Who does he think he is? This joke of a managment team needs to say something like."..We are embarrassed that we screwed up and took our loyal employees livelyhood so we could keep ours. We were stupid to think we could abuse our biggest assets and still run this airline. We were stupid to think that we are more important than the employees who have made this airline. We screwed up and we now know that our employees are our biggest asset. We need to reward them instead of tell them how useless they are daily. "
Then Brucie could say we are a team and he wouldn't have to worry because this group of employees are the best in the industry. If management would quit compensating themselves for their failures this airline might stand a chance.
So no, I do not have any hard feelings for the ones who put their families first and called in sick. I was glad to take up the slack, even tho this has been the worst week I've had in 21 years at this airline. I just wish we all had the backbone to tell management to shove it.

Doc said:
No I don’t feel sorry for any passenger and I don’t think it was wrong for calling in sick.

Psgrs don’t care about you all they care about is the cheapest fare. They don’t even care if they get feed or get a seat ahead of time any more.

Think about it all management did in the last year was complain about us too much money too much vacation too much pension and the whole time did not participate in the cuts and in my view showed little respect for any of us.
I worked OT tues,wed thurs. Just so I could get a normal pay check on my vacation.
Thurs. was the worst day I had seen in a while but hey what do you expect when they get their new boarding machines and want you to work over sold flights with one person.
This is the most unprofessional management in all of history.

Remember you just voted for half pay on sick time what did you expect?
I would have stayed home with my family too and as a matter of fact I’m surprised more of you didn’t.DOC , Great Post , totally agree!!!!!!! :up:

We had a chance to show the entire travel industry how much we are needed and this was just the tip of the ice burg.
[post="232022"][/post]​

N924PS said:
They are paying for a service. Get me and my luggage from A to B safely, on time, without hassle. They aren't required to care about you. They are only providing the revenue that ultimately makes up your paycheck. Customers don't set the fare structure. Customers make airline travel purchase decisions mostly on price not schedule or amenities.

Glad you were able to make yourself whole for your vacation. Your co-workers on the ramp and in the cabin that no-showed did thousands of customers and fellow workers a huge wrong by their actions.

If U does not perish in the next fortnight it will "be a miracle" as Mr. Lakefield likes to say.
[post="232024"][/post]​
GO FLY SOUTHWEST DUDE !!!!!! :lol: :down:

We had a chance to show the entire travel industry how much we are needed and this was just the tip of the ice burg.
Yeah, right, this is definately the way to "show them" how much you are needed. Unbelievable. The only thing I agree with you on is that this is just the tip of the iceburg. I think part of the point is, we are NOT needed as much as we think we are, ie the willingness of so many at low cost airline employees to work for much less etc etc. Yeah, it is the tip of the ice burg but I don't think you have any idea how rough it is going to be!!!