Can someone verify this?

Hello Newman

Senior
Aug 23, 2002
This rumor came out of CLT. Supposedly when Dave
was doing his roadshow in CLT, he was overheard commenting that CSA''s are nothing more than kiosks with arms. Did anyone else hear this?

Can't say if it's true, but with the glee that Austin is throwing people out the door - it makes sense. In all honesty, those kiosks are a serious threat to your jobs once the customers become comfortable with them. Yes, they are convenient, but eventually the airline will encourage their use, by charging people fees and such to talk with a human being. Some banks already went down that road. With all the nickle and diming that's going on, I'm sure someone in US has thought of it already.

Again, its time for the feds to put a stop to this insanity.

[BR][BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 11/1/2002 2:14:28 PM Hello Newman wrote: [BR][BR]This rumor came out of CLT. Supposedly when Dave[BR]was doing his roadshow in CLT, he was overheard commenting that CSA's are nothing more than kiosks with arms. Did anyone else hear this?----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR][BR][BR][FONT face=Verdana size=2][STRONG]I thought the rumor was he called cs/res glorifed order takers, or something along those lines. And not worthy of more than close to minimum wage. Yeh that's the ticket.. such respect for the ones who are bringing in the dough and helping to pay his salary.[/STRONG][/FONT][BR][BR]
12.gif]

I was at the CLT Road Show...and I never heard anything along those lines. I did get more than a slight impression that Everyone except the Bonus Babies in this company was entirely expendable.

Dave's approach was entirely from a standpoint of Where else can you go now? to get a job?

The comments were pretty honest...and pretty much matter of fact..but I don't recall any individual group being singled out...or belittled.

In Tampa last week, durring a slow Saturday afternoon, I waited an hour in line to check in for a flight (did not have e-ticket).

Two ticket agents kept walking back and forth along the line asking people if they had an e-ticket. There were only about 25 people in line.

Only one agent was actualy behind the counter checking people in for cattle class (First Class had two agents). If the two Kiosk-happy nimwhits would have gotten behind the counter we could have checked in at a normal pace, but NOOO they had to spend the whole hour walking up and down the line (or standing behind the Kiosks) asking 25 people if they wanted to use the Kiosk...

People were getting very irritated...

We don't have customer service for you. If you wanted that, you should have requested that option when you purchased your ticket.

Eris...re kiosks...get used to it. Kiosk stats in my station are rammed down our throats daily. 30% on these days not bad, but look at our numbers on Sat....etc. On a typical day (especially p.m.) it's one agent in first, one in coach and one at the kiosks. And that includes the CSS. Mgmt does not understand that some people just do not want to use these things.

INVOL

Eris- re: kiosk happy nitwhits remark.
I believe this is an unfair assessment. Im not sure about all stations, but sometimes this particular job is assigned. The job is to make sure people are using the kiosks. The only thing you do is the kiosks. Reason being, if you are involved in a lengthy transaction, you can no longer be available to promote the kiosks. It is a management call, not the immensely expendable clerks.
Quote by w:exch Mgmt does not understand that some people just do not want to use these things.
The attitude being, 'they'll use them if it's all that they've got.'

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/2/2002 5:11:39 PM REACC1 wrote:

Eris- re: "kiosk happy nitwhits" remark.
I believe this is an unfair assessment.

...It is a management call, not the immensely expendable clerks....

The attitude being, 'they'll use them if it's all that they've got.'

----------------
[/blockquote]

REACC1,

Please accept my apology. I meant no slander to the Agents. I TOTALY understand that MGT is the one who decides how many agents are divided between First, Calttle Class, and KIOSKs.

My sarcasm was directed at MGT. The first time I saw KIOSKs I immediately relized that your jobs are gonna be cut, BIG TIME.

Personally I think kIOSKs work great, but it makes me sick to thank that Corporate Raiders fire people who can smile and answer questions, replace them with KIOSKs, and leave paying customers in an hour long line to watch that KIOSK customers and First Class customers are taken care of.

It used to be that people would say, 'You get what you pay for.' But we can no longer afford to give you that. And we make no apology for that. And we do not accept requests for refunds...This is a recording. If you would like to make a complaint with the Customer relations department, please enter your credit card number and select the E-Mail submission button. Thank you.