Carry ons

PTO,

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. I've been busy and haven't gotten to the NWA boards. It's possible I misunderstood your glee at MEL-ing an over head bin.

Surely, you understand the airlines are in a people business. Many times, they don't understand why their allowable items don't fit in the overhead bins. They do tend to slam the bins. They have stuff they need to have with them. Like a change of clothes, medicine, work papers and laptops. The frequent flyers are very aware of what they can and cannot bring onboard with them. Hey, they need their stuff in order to do their business! Why should they bother making the trip without the items they need?

They are people, and without their business, we don't have jobs!

Try to take that into consideration the next time you MEL an item that's important to them. Customers aren't an inconvenince, they are our only reason to be there!

Dea

PTO,
...Surely, you understand the airlines are in a people business. Many times, they don't understand why their allowable items don't fit in the overhead bins. They do tend to slam the bins. They have stuff they need to have with them. Like a change of clothes, medicine, work papers and laptops. The frequent flyers are very aware of what they can and cannot bring onboard with them. Hey, they need their stuff in order to do their business! Why should they bother making the trip without the items they need?...
Dea
I do agree with you 100% on this. The issue I am having with this is the shear number and the large size of carry-ons. It goes way beyond a change of cloths, laptops and business items. A couple will come on board carrying four bags. Do you think the two smaller ones go under the seats where they claim they will put them? No, they go in the overhead so they have more legroom. Now the business traveler is getting screwed. I honestly believe these bins are being pushed beyond their design limits.

Today there is a guy slamming the bin door on an overstuffed bin. The F/A is standing there telling him it will not fit please do not slam the door. He basically ignores her and says "its almost there." and continues to slam the door. Amazingly it latched. That is going to be the door that the inserts get ripped out of when that plane hits some decent turbulence or landing possibly on take-off because it is so preloaded. It will be an inbound write-up for the receiving AMT to stick an MEL on.

I thought about you today as I applied an MEL to a bin door with the above described damage. I thought, "Dea would disapprove." and smiled to myself as I unrolled the red Do Not Use unserviceable tape. ;)

PTO like I said, you are the one for the show. not me. I am not a scab and I wil never ever be a freaking dirty low down scum bum scum bag a** scab like you. I dont steal anyones jobs and I would never do it the way you stole AMFA jobs. I cant even imagine what it must be like riding a school bus to and from work past the strikers. Just wait til the pilots shut the airline down when they walk out on strike. you as NHBB says are a PATHETIC LOW DOWN SCAB

Robbed, do you mind sharing with us exactly what it is that you do? Are you one of those people that are infatuated with the airline industry? You know the ones that memorize airport codes and surf the net looking at flights sometimes making reservations and then canceling them the next day? If you are not a foreign national my next guess is that you are one of these people.

Robbed, do you mind sharing with us exactly what it is that you do? Are you one of those people that are infatuated with the airline industry? You know the ones that memorize airport codes and surf the net looking at flights sometimes making reservations and then canceling them the next day? If you are not a foreign national my next guess is that you are one of these people.
I do work in the airline industry and have been in it for the last 8 yrs and my dad is a retired Delta Airline Station manager. Why do you want to know? Is that what Martians want to know when aliens like you come to invade NWA AMFA's job? and when I do fly,I fly CO an UA. I dont need to memorize the airport codes since I am very knowledgable with them. I have repeatedly told you scab that I am was born in Florida which by the way in case a scab like dont know is part of the USA.

I do work in the airline industry and have been in it for the last 8 yrs and my dad is a retired Delta Airline Station manager.
Robbed a Natural Born Citizen of the United States would be fully capable of UNDERSTANDING and ANSWERING such a simple question. WHAT DO YOU DO? WHAT JOB DO YOU PERFORM WHILE BEING PART OF THE AVIATION INDUSTRY? Are you a Manager, Pilot, Stewardess, Mechanic, Ramper, Lav Service, Potable Water Service, Gate Agent, Cleaner, Controller, Custodian or any other of the dozens of jobs that are required to keep an airline flying? WHAT IS YOUR FUNCTION? If you do not understand the question have someone translate this for you in your native language.

Just thought that I would add that I MEL'd yet another bin door today. The Pax ripped out the inserts as he yanked his oversized bag out, that he beat into the bin. I am sure there will be more PTO Tape to come. Stay Tuned.

Robbed a Natural Born Citizen of the United States would be fully capable of UNDERSTANDING and ANSWERING such a simple question. WHAT DO YOU DO? WHAT JOB DO YOU PERFORM WHILE BEING PART OF THE AVIATION INDUSTRY? Are you a Manager, Pilot, Stewardess, Mechanic, Ramper, Lav Service, Potable Water Service, Gate Agent, Cleaner, Controller, Custodian or any other of the dozens of jobs that are required to keep an airline flying? WHAT IS YOUR FUNCTION? If you do not understand the question have someone translate this for you in your native language.
I do understand that for an INTERNATIONAL BORN SCAB you may not know what ops is, but that is my job. I do ops and sometimes ramp. My native language is and will always be ENGLISH because that is what this country where I was born in was founded by! It must be hard for you considering that you must tape everything instead of fixing them! I can picture a taped up plane barely holding together just for a few minutes!

Is that so Robbed? Well why don't you educate me and the rest of the guest here that might not know what "ops" is. Just give us a brief rundown on what you do on a daily basis.

Is that so Robbed? Well why don't you educate me and the rest of the guest here that might not know what "ops" is. Just give us a brief rundown on what you do on a daily basis.

Are you really that dumb, SCAB? Wait a minute...We all already know you're SCAB.

beckwith6-5-2.jpg

THe non scabs airline employees all know what OPS is. OPS is a short name for Operations. You know the people who do the weight and balance adn order fuel etc etc. man you could not of been in the airline world for long.

Why thank you Robbed. Now was that so difficult? I am curious though, how does one go from ordering fuel to working the ramp?

I have been in the aviation industry about as long as you have been in the country.

Back