When Carry-ons Don't Fit

When the overheads fill up, start tagging bags on the plane looking at the pax ticket folder. You do carry a stack of check tags in your blazer pocket, right? If the aisle is blocked, take them to the back of the AC, open 2R and hand them to the rampers.
While I am a fan of this idea.. the opening of any other aircraft door to hand / drop bags to the ramp is not an approved procedure and would get both the InFlight and Ramp crew's in a lot of trouble.

Nope, definitely not procedure, but it works. I’ve done this countless times and never got in trouble. Just wait until I fall out the door sometime, though.

We’re coming up on departure time and I don’t want to blow the overnight!

<SNIP>devices for alternatively enabled passengers are exempt,
How can you be so insensitive? They are alternatively enabled customers!

your magnificence DP has so proclaimed us elites. Bow to the great one.

Oh, you must be one of those I referred to in my post about drink service...rules are rules...until they apply to you i am sure.

I and most F/As will not bow to any passenger. As the old saying goes, "I am here to save your a$$ not ki$$ it".

You must be one of the ones that I refer to. You are NOT the norm as most of the frequent fliers are great to be around. You are probably one that holds his coat on the tip of his finger hanging in the isle....looking at the flight attendant thinking "take this now you servant". I have to say though most US4 are the "newbies" that think they are entitled. You being a US1 suprises me. Most US1s don't have this sort of attitude.

You being a US1 suprises me. Most US1s don't have this sort of attitude.

your arrogance disgusts me. Most of your colleagues don't have your attitude.

the FA's that proclaim they are there for safety only are usually the FA's grazing at the snack basket making it that much more difficult for them to get down the aisle.

your arrogance disgusts me. Most of your colleagues don't have your attitude.

Hello kettle are you black? Move this to PM if you care to continue. This thread is not about me or you. I would like to tell you what I really think!!!

I and most F/As will not bow to any passenger. As the old saying goes, "I am here to save your a$$ not ki$$ it".
most of the f/a i know who hide behind that hollow and shamless ideology need to go! indeed your job includes providing a comfortable, pleasant, and safe experience for every passenger, despite their level of loyalty.
if chanting that little disclaimer (i am here to save your...) makes you feel powerful and/or important, i suggest longterm psychotherapy and high powered meds.

You must be one of the ones that I refer to. You are NOT the norm as most of the frequent fliers are great to be around. You are probably one that holds his coat on the tip of his finger hanging in the isle....looking at the flight attendant thinking "take this now you servant". I have to say though most US4 are the "newbies" that think they are entitled. You being a US1 suprises me. Most US1s don't have this sort of attitude.

Maybe it is time to find a new profession? Paramedic perhaps? Then you can save as many aSSes as you want. We are a customer driven industry and YOUR job is much more the saving a$$es, every once in a while you need to pucker up and kiss a few.

Maybe it is time to find a new profession? Paramedic perhaps? Then you can save as many aSSes as you want. We are a customer driven industry and YOUR job is much more the saving a$$es, every once in a while you need to pucker up and kiss a few.
I wonder how many a$$e$ the baked potato has saved in his/her career? If that's all he/she has to do, then he/she gets paid a lot of $$ to fly around raiding the snack basket waiting for said a$$e$ that need to be saved.

Well, my suggestion to you is....If you want your a$$ kissed like you feel you deserve, hire or buy a private jet if you think you are that important. Those flight attendants actually get paid to kiss a$$.

I wonder how many a$$e$ the baked potato has saved in his/her career? If that's all he/she has to do, then he/she gets paid a lot of $$ to fly around raiding the snack basket waiting for said a$$e$ that need to be saved.

Actually, a few thanks. I didn't make the saying.

I am there to perform a SERVICE. Be it snacks, drinks, safety.........NO WHERE DOES MY CONTRACT STATE "kissing a$$" as part of my job description. If any of you feel that is a job you want, go to Hollywood and become a personal assistant to a star.

End-o discussion on my part. Get a life peeps

She sounds more like a check out girl at service station. You know the type, chewing gum, cant make change without a calculator, not to mention the "home made" tattoos with babies daddy name, cross with a knife through it, blood dripping from the end. You know,.....real class act.

"I am here to save your a$$ not ki$$ it".

Sky high states: That saying has been in this industry as long as I can remember. Ohh, do you think it's a stretch to say, LACK OF RESPECT is one of the reasons why it was made up? Why is this profession so criticized, belittled, berated, and the butt of jokes? Any of YOU consider Respect in the workplace important? I'm really NOT surprised to see the condesending remarks followed by Twice's comment. If you look at the history of this profession, we've had to "fight" to keep the job after marriage, "fight" against mandatory resignation, "fight" weight restrictions, "fight" for equal pay, etc...etc. Respect has always been hard fought. When did it become respectful to pull on my clothes, snap your fingers, or shake your ice at me (for a refill?)
It's really ironic, because FLIGHT ATTENDANTS,(AFA) have actually LOBBIED on behalf of passenger SAFETY as well. Smoking bans, less flamable interiors, etc, etc...etc.
THANK GOD, IN 1987, CONGRESS LIMITED THE NUMBER OF CARRY ON'S to 2.
Do you think it was those.......(I've seen these items come onboard aircraft)......FISH TANKS, TELEVISIONS, LARGE FISHING POLES, TIRES, CAR PARTS, 4 FOOT TEDDY BEAR......AND, YES.......I've seen passengers make repeated trips back to the boarding area to retrieve MORE "carry-ons"........that had CONGRESS/FAA pass this regulation?
Ahhhhhhhhhh, yes. Then came the invention of the "rollaboard". Pack it, roll it. How wonderful....until you bought it into the aircraft and NEEDED HELP "lifting" your STEAMER TRUCK into the
overhead. You never gave it a thought that you may injure a crewmember, did you? Broken bones, bad backs, strains, pulled muscles all happened. Why? We were taught to be there, for customer service. ASK Pitbull, how many F/A's through the years have been injured by bags, incurred difficulties getting PAID, MEDICAL COVERAGE, and SUPPORT. HIRED lawyers?
yet....you continue to belittle this profession. Yet, we have our hero's on 9-11. Uli Derickson, who negotiated with terrorist in Beruit. A flight attendant at U, in CLT, who went into a burning aircraft to live 4 lives. Sandy Purl, at Southern Airlines, who worked with rescue crews to save lives. The AED is introduced onboard aircraft..........it wasnt long until a flight Attendant SAVED a life with it. Is it WRONG TO VALUE OUR EXPERIENCE?
And, finally....sorry, I'm ranting. LOL. Customer SERVICE is vital. Flight Attendants are given limited resources to resolve passenger issues. Yet, MOST OF US can turn a negative situation AROUND. Go down to the ramp in search of strollers, check on pets in the cargo bin, wait with elderly for their relatives, go and find a wheelchair and use it........ ALOT OF US, CARE ALOT!!!.......yet we're awarded the reputation of sky-waitress.

.................go figure..............