Cascade Project for mgmt layoffs

Some departments were notified Monday, some won't find out until Thursday. It's supposed to just be the managers, but I heard that some peons in ITS were shown the door yesterday, and a few others were already told they were "sAAfe" even though L3/L4 isn't supposed to be done until next month

Can't wait to see what happens with the GMs and CSMs

I don't think that Frank was taking any pleasure or joy in the misfortune of others - I believe that he was laughing at Informer's suggestion (which I believe was very sarcastic) that those supervisors who deserved to lose their jobs would in fact lose theirs. Informer was pointing out that the wrong ones lost their job and suggesting that obviously, more layoffs were on the way. Frank's laughing smiley face was equivalent to Frank posting "Good One, Informer!"
... and that's pretty much what I was thinking at the time - another piece of raisin pie for you, Mr. FW. Thanks for seeing it.

I can be a real butthole at times but not to the extent of taking pleasure in another's misery even though, in the past, I've done so. Mother Nature and Karma are both a b#### and are waiting to bite the unwary on the ass.

I oughta know by now, but someone will have a problem with anything said and probably expect an apology - I'll leave the never-ceasing apologies to the community organizers/communists.

They can't....there's no vacancies and they have to be "hired" into another position. All the postings now are for American Eagle..albeit some upper mgt and station manager level..

Who creates the openings/vacancies? And who "hired"(s) into the positions.
I will give you one guess

And less not forget the buy outs

CSMs and managers can if there's an opening, but i dont think they can apply out of class when agents are being laid off somewhere else, and transfers are done by class seniority.

Only way they could bump another agent is if they had agent class seniority before going to be a Csm

The carnage will continue tomorrow.

I did hear of a few people who were recently recruited to go work at Sabre for pay raises of 30% on up... I heard that another person who knew AA's RM system got ~$200K and paid housing to go work at an airline in the Middle East. That is providing some breathing room... but it's also causing a bit of a brain drain in certain departments. You can't replace 20 or 30 years of experience, right?...

Of all the layoff names I've heard so far for GM's and airport services, they were either close to or beyond retirement age, incompetent, or had performance meritorious of dismissal (and a few had all three...).

That's not to say that there won't be a few good folks cut tomorrow, but so far, it appears to have been a fairly normal and predictable culling of the herd.

It's a lot less certain to some than the seniority system, but I will say that for the most part so far, it's a lot fairer: the folks who perform consistently wind up staying employed, and those who didn't perform are let go. It's inevitable that some good people will wind up without a chair, though. That happens regardless if you're on a performance based system or a seniority system.

The carnage will continue tomorrow.

I did hear of a few people who were recently recruited to go work at Sabre for pay raises of 30% on up... I heard that another person who knew AA's RM system got ~$200K and paid housing to go work at an airline in the Middle East. That is providing some breathing room... but it's also causing a bit of a brain drain in certain departments. You can't replace 20 or 30 years of experience, right?...

Of all the layoff names I've heard so far for GM's and airport services, they were either close to or beyond retirement age, incompetent, or had performance meritorious of dismissal (and a few had all three...).

That's not to say that there won't be a few good folks cut tomorrow, but so far, it appears to have been a fairly normal and predictable culling of the herd.

It's a lot less certain to some than the seniority system, but I will say that for the most part so far, it's a lot fairer: the folks who perform consistently wind up staying employed, and those who didn't perform are let go. It's inevitable that some good people will wind up without a chair, though. That happens regardless if you're on a performance based system or a seniority system.

Which GM's are gone? I heard ATL, MCO, SAT, then there are the stations being closed and outsourced like OMA, CMH, OAK, RNO, etc. in DFW some real jerks have gotten to stay and good people were walked out..........

LGA's GM is going to JFK along with the manager of ramp services and 2-3 CSM's.We're getting the BOS GM as his replacement and he's bringing his cronies along with him.Also,one of the passenger service MOD's is going to MCO as their new GM.

Always fun when a new sheriff comes to town with his posse.

Isn't PHL one of the stations that will be outsourced?
If so, I suppose that AA will still have their own mgmt in place. In the case of outsourcing at AA, does it include all station personnel, or just the ramp?

Hearing rumors about mgmt severance. Severance pay is often granted to employees upon termination of employment. Level 5 managers get a full year of severance pay. Level 4 supervisors get 6 months of pay.

Sarcasm: Shared sacrifice at its finest.

Hearing rumors about mgmt severance. Severance pay is often granted to employees upon termination of employment. Level 5 managers get a full year of severance pay. Level 4 supervisors get 6 months of pay.

Not that I agree with it, especially in time of shared sacrifice...
But management severance pay has had that formula for quite some time.
Our contract calls for 13 weeks pay severance.

If we expect the company to eliminate or reduce management severance, that the company too can request the court eliminate the unions' negoatiated severance pay.

To play devil's advocate here, one could argue that those are some of the perks one gets when going into management.

I would be more concerned that the headcount would not be on a par with expected union layoff numbers.

That's the same as D. Martinez/BCG Project Rise. No change. The consultants and management make money in their downsizing. If you'll notice, no one really got touched on the line. All the MD's stayed in place and the level 6s stayed basically the same. They are taking credit for retirements and resignations though in their downsizing. AA also added tons of management to an already bloated structure. So when you add 20% in headcount than cut that same amount out that is a net savings of zero.

This was another management scam.

That's the same as D. Martinez/BCG Project Rise. No change. The consultants and management make money in their downsizing. If you'll notice, no one really got touched on the line. All the MD's stayed in place and the level 6s stayed basically the same. They are taking credit for retirements and resignations though in their downsizing. AA also added tons of management to an already bloated structure. So when you add 20% in headcount than cut that same amount out that is a net savings of zero.

This was another management scam.

overspeed im throwing the bullshit flag. you want the contract to pass you think the TWU is doing a great job, and now you trash the benefits the company is reaping? coming on dude your true blue TWU you should be defending the company to the bitter end! just wait to Jim Little hears this!