514 Ethics

La Li Lu Le Lo

Veteran
May 29, 2010
There have been transfers submitted to come to Fleet Service at TULE (514) for months. We have been told we have openings for months. There has only been one transfer taken (shop to shop we have had some come in from other stations). Now transfers are FROZEN. So how is it we got a letter posted that workers in TUL and TULE can cross over (when transfers are FROZEN mind you). I know it is a one station rule but these people did not get bumped or layed off. They are just being offered the option. I heard (rumor) that the union chairperson for Fleet Service was coming up for reelection soon and may lose their Union Position. Is she using her position to sidestep transfer and one station rules? I am not really sure but this seems pretty B.S. to me. How can someone have a transfer not granted when we supposedly have openings for months and now all the sudden it is a free for all to crossover both ways? I thought one station rule only applied in the event of a layoff.

I believe our chairperson is abusing their position because they do not want to go back to TUL and this is some kind of under the table deal to make sure they have a nice job waiting on them when they get voted out.

Just my opinion.

There have been transfers submitted to come to Fleet Service at TULE (514) for months. We have been told we have openings for months. There has only been one transfer taken (shop to shop we have had some come in from other stations). Now transfers are FROZEN. So how is it we got a letter posted that workers in TUL and TULE can cross over (when transfers are FROZEN mind you). I know it is a one station rule but these people did not get bumped or layed off. They are just being offered the option. I heard (rumor) that the union chairperson for Fleet Service was coming up for reelection soon and may lose their Union Position. Is she using her position to sidestep transfer and one station rules? I am not really sure but this seems pretty B.S. to me. How can someone have a transfer not granted when we supposedly have openings for months and now all the sudden it is a free for all to crossover both ways? I thought one station rule only applied in the event of a layoff.

I believe our chairperson is abusing their position because they do not want to go back to TUL and this is some kind of under the table deal to make sure they have a nice job waiting on them when they get voted out.

Just my opinion.

It,s not just Tulsa for the freeze, it is system wide. They will only allow local transfers, not transfers from one sation to another. Guess what, the first thing that happens before a layoff....system transfers froze.
Warn letters were sent out on Monday. I haven't heard what stations that are effected. We are thinking it is the smaller stations that are effected in all titles. That is why they freeze the transfers. HR (tallent services) can't handle transfers at the same time as working on people who get furloughed and have bump rights.
Also, the company did this, not the union.

there is absolutely no deals being cut in tulsa, but if you play part two of the vote no video backwards at 33rpm......

there is absolutely no deals being cut in tulsa, but if you play part two of the vote no video backwards at 33rpm......
33 RPM-----> What is the original RPM?

La Li Lu Le Lo

They are Japanese words that were supposedly forbidden from being used by the leader of Japan around the time of the Creation of the language, supposedly the Japanese language was derived from the Chinese language i dont know that much about the languages but...

la - is derived from the kanji word meaning "good"
le - is derived from the Kanji word meaning "benefit, or profit"
lu - is derived from the Kanji word "detain, halt"
li - is derived from the Kanji word meaning "money"
and lo - is derived from the Kanji word meaning "Backbone"
good-profit-detain-money-backbone

My understanding of the one station rule is that it is only applied during a layoff. To me a transfer is when I am interested in moving to another station (and yes in this instance TUL would classify as another station for me since I am based at TULE) and fill out appropriate paperwork and wait for an opening to come up. This situation is more of an open invitation to cross over on both sides. I am sure some of the people that could potentially come over would not be in a position to be layed off or bumped due to seniority. So in my eyes they are sidestepping established rules. My major problem with this is I foresee a bunch of high seniority people coming and pushing me further down the list and closer to getting laid off myself. Where as if they were going by normal rules they could not transfer (transfers are frozen and we would have to have openings, which supposedly we do...) and most likely would not be in a position to be bumped or layed off themselves and therefore would not be in a position to bump me. That is where my issue lies.

So highlights

1. People getting an open invitation to transfer when transfers are frozen (and yes going from TUL to TULE and vice versa DOES require a transfer).
2. People had already gone through established methods of transfer months ago from other title groups (we had oepnings then to) and there was no movement. Now all the sudden it is an open door.
3.These people have not been layed off or bumped out of their positions so one station rules are NOT in effect.
4.Lower seniority at TULE will see an increased risk of layoff due to transfers that should never have been allowed.
5.This free for all transfer has never been done before to my knowledge and I have seen a few layoff cycles.

What about the people that had transfers in before and were not granted positions?
What about lower senority getting bumped because instead of absorbing people (because we have openings) from other stations that were laid off and chose to come to TULE they are bumping the least senior person because TUL people came in on this bogus transfer and filled those openings?
Does this seem like a contract violation to anyone else??

Buck you sure put a lot of effort into my name. I wish I could say I was a history buff and knew all kinds of neat history but the truth is I got that from a video game called Metal Gear Solid.

La Li Lu Le Lo is a code name of a group called The Patriots. They are kind of like the illuminati. They rule the world through economical and informational manipulation. Basically they are a large scale AMR/TWU.

Reactions: 1 person
Local 514 has a long and sorted history of deal cutting this is nothing new and you should not be surprised that this is happening. maybe they are going to farm out the line work in Tulsa who knows.

Reactions: 1 person
Local 514 has a long and sorted history of deal cutting this is nothing new and you should not be surprised that this is happening. maybe they are going to farm out the line work in Tulsa who knows.
I think I agree with you, but did you mean sordid?

sor·did/ˈsôrdid/
Adjective:
Involving ignoble actions and motives; arousing moral distaste and contempt.
Dirty or squalid.
And btw, can 514 & Ethics be allowed in the same title? Just sayin...

I think I agree with you, but did you mean sordid?

sor·did/ˈsôrdid/
Adjective:
Involving ignoble actions and motives; arousing moral distaste and contempt.
Dirty or squalid.
And btw, can 514 & Ethics be allowed in the same title? Just sayin...
La Li Lu Le Lo - Yes I have heard of this group. When I see anyone adopt a name for a Forum, I Google it to see if thre is anything to it. AAPitbull is correct it does not matter what has happened in the past or what might be affected in the future.
It is like "The good os the many outweigh the needs of the few, except the many and the few are the TWU a all cost especially Local 514.

enough already - I think AAPitbull meant both.