Ccy Read This

wench

Veteran
Oct 10, 2002
:down: Since DCA flts have increased flts 4 to Cle and other smaller cities,
lets bring back adding Bos to Cle svc and other stations, when we have cancelled/delayed(no we never have that?!), CO usually gets our business..
especially when PHL/CLT go down the tubes..

Lets KEEP the revenue on US...

Ya hear that CCY?

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE REVENUE>>.

How silly of me, THEY HAVE FULL WEEKENDS OFF,
EVERY WEEKEND>>>>

Pardon..

whlinder said:
No one even flies BOS-MCI nonstop. Seems to me like a perfect route for the E170.
[post="247471"][/post]​

US needs more 170s, which right now they aren't going to get many of since they are still in Chapter 11. There are some very good reasons for getting out of Chapter 11 ASAP.

I've been hoping to see a flight to VER (Veracruz Mexico) for some time. There is only one flight a day from a domestic carrier, thats Continental on a RJ from IAH. When I price this destination from PHL it's typically $700-800. I believe that if a more reasonable fare was offered US could at least fill a RJ daily from FLL.

Jay

I was in OKC last week and noticed that Northwest is flying from OKC to PHL non stop with DC-9's.The flight I observed while waiting for my flight was oversold.Is any one in marketing awake?

757fixer said:
I was in OKC last week and noticed that Northwest is flying from OKC to PHL non stop with DC-9's.The flight I observed while waiting for my flight was oversold.Is any one in marketing awake?
[post="247530"][/post]​
NW is not flying that route nonstop. It's a 1 stop through MEM on an ARJ operated by Mesaba.

Farther up the thread some one mentioned MCI-BOS. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember YX trying to fly that route nonstop for awhile. Now it's also a 1 stop.

All I know is that on Friday I sat across the concourse and watched them board an oversold DC-9 to PHL.

It's a through flight. If you use that logic, US Airways flies from Madrid to San Francisco, LaGuardia to Los Angeles, Greensboro to Chicago, Manchester to Dallas, Houston to Portland ME and so on. Looks nice on paper with one flight number but usually still requires you to get off and more often than not switch planes.