Charles (chuck) Morrice - Rip

CTD

Veteran
Mar 10, 2003
The industry has lost another good friend - Chuck Morrice finally conceded his long battle with cancer this week. A wonderful man, a solid pilot, and a talented engineer with exceptional knowledge and a cheery personality - he will be missed.

If you'll forgive me I'll relate a personal story about Chuck.

When I worked at Bell, he was in Product Support, and worked to help customers sort out their problems. Since he had a pilot licence, but was far from current, we would somethimes call on him to come fly so we could evaluate new emergency procedures on someone who was, let's say, a little behind the curve. He would refer to himself as our "min-spec pilot, that by which all other min-spec pilots are judged".

Chuck, my friend, you were certainly not a min-spec person, and enriched the lives of everyone who knew you with your integrity and infectious positive attitude. Thanks for all you taught me.

I am sad to here of his passing He was a friend of mine in college (Centennial) and thru the early days of Dom-peg.

:( :( :(

Seems to me that lately (within the past year or 2), many of our finest are leaving us behind. So dang sad to see them go, however, all the more stars in the sky to shine down upon us keeping their memories alive.