Chautaqua CMH RJ''s

phllax

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Los Angeles
Visit site
Anybody don''t know why US approached Chautaqua about moving the ex-HP express fleet based at CMH over to the USE division. We all know we could use those aircraft, and this would have been like a gift sent from heaven.

I'm going to guess that some how, in some way, DL must have had first dibs on those aircraft. But how or why... I don't know. I would think that US wouldn't be able to use those aircraft anyway, since Chautaqua doesn't participate in J4J.

CHQ pilots voted down J4J so these jets could not be added to the Airways fleet because the pilots have scope limitations in their contract.

Instead the aircraft will be flying into Airways markets against them. Planned service by Delta include BOS, BWI, DCA, JFK, LGA, EWR, BWI are the ones that come to mind.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/14/2003 11:50:52 AM FL370 wrote:
Instead the aircraft will be flying into Airways markets against them. Planned service by Delta include BOS, BWI, DCA, JFK, LGA, EWR, BWI are the ones that come to mind.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Just a minor correction, but DL will not be using the CHQ ERJ's to fly from CMH to EWR/BWI/DCA/LGA.

DL already serves CMH-DCA/LGA using Comair CRJ's. DL will use the CHQ ERJ's to fly CMH-BOS, CMH-DFW, CMH-JFK, CMH-MCO, CMH-FLL and CMH-RSW. Most of these routes (witht the exception of CMH-FLL/JFK) are just picking up where HP left off.

Im trying to remember the last time any of the wholly owned carriers worked for the competition...,

Oh yeah ----> NEVER.

It blows my mind that any of our profits go out to these outside "airlines", only to help them finance further growth under whatever airline's colors they can.

Instead of calling them our "partners", we should really refer to them as "Mercenaries"...

You know, I was noticing that the 3 network carriers that are the strongest financially in our industry, also happen to retain all or most of their RJ flying in house. They do not rely upon "mercenaries" to accomplish this important task. On the other hand the two network majors that place total reliance upon outside "airlines" to fly RJ's for them happen to be in Bankruptcy.

Hmmmmm, that's something to think about.

Buzz in Tempe is that a deal is in the works that will combine America West with US Air; Columbus recently being scrapped not only because of lack of profitability in post-9/11 environment, but because of its close proximity to PITTSBURGH.

Makes sense, but is US's cost structure such that it can now face WN head-on at TWO of the airline's stomping grounds???

OTOH, why would US team up with HP when UA is supposed to be filling in the void?

BTW, here is the old HP-US combined route map.

[A href="http://www.geocities.com/eye_trade/route_map2.jpg"]http://www.geocities.com/eye_trade/route_map2.jpg[/A]