Chicago Teachers Want a 30% Pay Increase Over Next 2 Years!

The government doesn't 'accredit' private schools.

Maybe not the gov't per se....

From Shadyside academy site:

Accreditations and Associations
  • PAIS (Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools)
  • NAIS (National Association of Independent Schools)
  • Middle States Assocation
  • TABS (The Association of Boarding Schools)
  • PCIS (Pittsburgh Consortium of Independent Schools)

From the Ellis School site:

ASSOCIATIONS AND ACCREDITATIONS
  • Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
  • Pittsburgh Consortium of Independent Schools (PCIS)
  • The National Coalition of Girls' Schools (NCGS)
  • National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)

None of those listed are governmental entities.

Government Control of Private Schools

The government requires private schools to be licensed. Independent accrediting agencies set minimum standards of quality and give accreditation to private schools meeting their criteria. Licensing and accrediting are ways for government to regulate private schools. Government may also award tax breaks and special exemptions to certain schools.

Duh..

About the gov control...Religious private schools...in my state...are taxed exempt. But in the world of religion and politics, one hand washes the other without interfering with each other. I went to a Catholic school. My friend went to a nearby public school. On Tues and Thurs he would come to religion school at my school. At the time kids in public schools could spend their last couple of hours at the religious school of their choice. Demographics in my area at the time were Catholic.

None, but if you tell a lie enough times Sparrow Hawk will claim it is a fact.

Show me ONE school that is not accredited by an agency of the type that Dell mentions that receives one dime of either federal or state aid. It's defacto government control of the education system. Find me ONE in 50 states.

From our friends at Wikipedia:

With the creation of the U.S. Department of Education and under the terms of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, the U.S. Secretary of Education is required by law to publish a list of nationally recognized accrediting agencies for higher education. There is no similar federal government list of recognized accreditation agencies for primary and secondary schools. Public schools must adhere to criteria set by the state governments

Game, set, match

Latest posts