Chief Sees More Changes for US Airways

So, Mr. Siegel is quoted that he needs an additional 200 million. The employee well is dry! Take a look around CCY for additional savings, because labor says go to hell!

I will gladly offer the first suggestions:

1. Drive yourself to work. US Airways paid 10''s of thousands of dollars last year in automobile expenses.

2. Pay your own taxes on leisure travel for you, your family, other execs and their families. Again, 10''s of thousands of dollars spent last year so the execs could vacation.

3. Pay your own relocation fees, the same as you expect the members of the IAM.

Mr. Siegel also said US Airways might have to invoke what is known as a force majeure clause in its contract with the pilots' union to bring the number of planes it operates below 279. "We're going to have to continue to look at every facet of our business," Mr. Siegel said. "The industry is absolutely in a force majeure situation."
-----------------------

Wait a minute Dave- Remember that the pilots have already given more than any other union. I personally have taken a $60K paycut in salary and benefits. Before you starting coming after the pilots, you need to get your concessions from the other unions.

I remember reading on the board that you originally wanted $17 bucks/hour for the CWA members. Well, it is time to get them and the other unions to give more concessions. I have given enough and won't give any more. PERIOD!

Get the concessions from the CWA/IAM/AFA. It is time for these unions to step up and give more.

Cltpilot,
The agents in Cleveland will do their part to "STEP UP".It was annunced on Friday that we will become an express station for the June schedule.That translates to about a 40% paycut from what we were making in August 2002.That''s IAM and CWA members.IS that enough or should we work for free?

I think every labor group has given all we have to give. It''s time management take a look at what little "perks" they still have and perhaps start trimming from there.

I still think we need to get back $35 million donated to Wolf, Gangwal and Nagin. That would make a nice start.

But then, I guess it would cause a rift in the "good old boys" club, wouldn''t it?

CLT,

I'm just going to mentally and visually delete what you just wrote cause YOU don't represent the pilot group.

This is the time when we as Labor ALL come together and stop this in house fighting which this mangement loves. They want to see us pressure one another. I ain't going there.....

All of this has to come from mangement...consolidation of jobs and job losses in the upper ranks. They will be furloughing more "rank and file" folks as a consequence and YOU JUST DON'T NEED ALL THAT MANGEMENT TO MANAGE A REDUCED WORK FORCE.

All our focus should be ON THIS MANGEMENT TEAM WHO JUST DRANK ALL THE CHAMPAGNE IN CORPORATE CELEBRATING THEIR VICTORY ON JUST BUSTING ALL THE UNIONS.

They, in the Crystal Palace, have become "CONCESSION JUNKIES" AND WE HAVE TO SHUT THEM OFF THEIR FIX.

----------------
On 3/30/2003 9:22:33 PM

mlt wrote:
So, Mr. Siegel is quoted that he needs an additional 200 million. The employee well is dry! Take a look around CCY for additional savings, because labor says go to hell!

----------------​

I agree, labor has given more than their fair share. It''s time that some smart business decisions, and clever marketing, make up any other short falls.

Once we get out of bankruptcy, "that" stigma can be cast off. With United in bankruptcy, and American going to go into it sometime this week, we can market ourselves as the "secure" airline. You know, leaner, meaner, stronger, and focused. But then agian, such a marketing scheme would be contrary to the "crystal palace" mindset, wouldn''t it?

So once agian let''s just ignore the mis-management, and do our jobs the way we know they are to be done.

And to management, the answer is NO!

Dave no longer has a Bankruptcy Judge to make sure he gets what he wants.
Can you imagine what the Unions are going to say when Dave asks for more?

Bronner threatened us with Chapter 7 if we didn’t agree to the Company''s terms, what’s he going to use now that that threat no longer exists?

----------------
On 3/31/2003 12:49:38 PM tug_slug wrote:

Bronner threatened us with Chapter 7 if we didn’t agree to the Company's terms, what’s he going to use now that that threat no longer exists?

----------------​

Tug,

Expect the same ole threats

1. Loss of jobs
2. reduction of planes
3. mainline to express
4. Bla Bla Bla

Super dave will continue his " land grab " one way or another

My guess is , he will come after our retirement $

14.gif

----------------
On 3/31/2003 12:49:38 PM tug_slug wrote:

Bronner threatened us with Chapter 7 if we didn’t agree to the Company''s terms, what’s he going to use now that that threat no longer exists?

tug-slug

Force Majeure---If your contract permits.

----------------​

----------------
On 3/30/2003 10:04:32 PM Dea Certe wrote:

I think every labor group has given all we have to give. It''s time management take a look at what little "perks" they still have and perhaps start trimming from there.

I still think we need to get back $35 million donated to Wolf, Gangwal and Nagin. That would make a nice start.

But then, I guess it would cause a rift in the "good old boys" club, wouldn''t it?

----------------​

I love to see our union members beating the dead horse. The $35 million that was paid to Messrs Wolf, Gangwal, and Nagin is gone. Forget about it, end of story. This was compensation that was granted to them by the former Board of Directors and it was lawfully paid. I''m sick of the internal envy that is thrown around in this company. Instead of being jealous about the compensation they received, spend 7 years of your life getting a college degree and MBA, work your way to the top of an organization like US Airways, and you will likely receive the same corporate perks that were granted by the BOD.
Until you are able to play at that level, you should not question what was done.

----------------
On 3/31/2003 8:05:13 PM SpinDoc wrote:
I love to see our union members beating the dead horse. The $35 million that was paid to Messrs Wolf, Gangwal, and Nagin is gone. Forget about it, end of story. This was compensation that was granted to them by the former Board of Directors and it was lawfully paid. I''m sick of the internal envy that is thrown around in this company. Instead of being jealous about the compensation they received, spend 7 years of your life getting a college degree and MBA, work your way to the top of an organization like US Airways, and you will likely receive the same corporate perks that were granted by the BOD.
Until you are able to play at that level, you should not question what was done.

----------------​
It is true the money was paid lawfully but U does indeed have the right to pursue the Three Bandits and the $35 million they walked away with. I just hope they excercise that right. As for not questioning the actions of the Officers of this company or any company for that matter, I ask you why shouldn''t they? The employees of this company are now part owners. Since when does an owner of a company, however large or small the piece is they own, have to be quiet just because they aren''t "At the level" of the executives? That type of stereotypical branding is precisely what has been wrong with U for years and it seems that is one thing they haven''t been able to shed in bankruptcy. That type of shedding requires leadership and that is exactly what has been missing from this company since day one from Uncle Ed up to WolfGang. Let''s see what Mr. Dave does about it (if anything).