Children in Envoy Class

Maybe certain flights should be off limits to small children “Quite Flightsâ€￾ …less announcements, no loud PED’s… and specially marketed flights are “Family Friendlyâ€￾ flights; cartoons, family G movies, fun food?

UAL has that coast-to-coast “premiumâ€￾ service from NYC to LAX on the 757 how do they address the issue of children in this product?

Where do you work? I'd like to come over and slip off my ripe old Red Wings. They're nothin' compared to the tube socks labeled "May", and baby, they're comin' off too. Gotta let them dogs breath!

Entitlement and class seem inversely proportional to me.

Irrelevant. I don't work in a stuffy environment where you are strapped to a chair for hours on end.

I don't mind if you take off your shoes but when they leave them on and put them up on the bulkhead, GRRRRRRR :down:

I've been tempted to ask one of those guys if it would be OK for me to come to his house and rest my feet on his walls but I haven't yet.

On my PHL-BOS flight Monday night, 1D took off his loafers and put his BARE FEET on the bulkhead?!?!

The F/A's were in shock but didn't say anything. I had to get up and use the forward lavatory and purposely stopped by his seat on my return and GLARED at him. He got the hint and put his shoes back on.

JACKA$$

What is wrong with people?

I was working first once (a few years ago) and during dinner 1d took his sneakers off and he had no socks on!!! Then he put them on the bulkhead!!! GROSS!!! He was done eating and wanted to relax. To bad...I told him to take them down other people are still eating and they do not want to see nor smell your feet. Thankyou for understanding. That was it..that was all i needed to say. Nice but to the point..with a smile. :)

Perhaps this has been discussed on the forum and I missed it, but last week's flight to London can't happen again. This really needs to be sorted out.

Picture it: A full A-330 from CLT to LGW, agents in CLT (doing their jobs selling upgrades since the age restriction was lifted by AmWest for travelers in Envoy)

When did we start selling Envoy seats at the gate? Havent heard about Transatlantic on the Firstups.

The only restriction that I am aware of for Envoy/First Class kids was for nonrevs and they have to be 8 to sit up there. When was there a restriction for selling/booking kids in First or Envoy? If there was I dont remember seeing the memo.

How would everyone feel if a 2 year old had accompanied their parents on 50 segments in coach and became a premium traveler and then used their status to upgrade?
\\
Actually, I had a couple in F/C not long ago with two small children--in the 5-8 age range. The father was Executive Platinum, the mother was Platinum and both children were AAdvantage Gold. But, these kids were better behaved than some of the adults.

This issue goes back to parenting and the sense of entitlement that permeates our society.
Those with children feel it is their God Given right to subject others to those "Special charms" of their offspring.

Fact is some things in life are "Adults Only" and the airline needs to have clear rules in that regard.

The nature of US society where everyone has "Rights" not bestowed upon them by the Constitution but by cowardly courts put US carriers in a bind.

Exactly. And IMO it's an arrogant sense of entitlement.

Are they really selling upgrades at the gate for Envoy? What a bad idea.

Latest posts

Back