International 757 Update

I am not happy about this "sorta first class" thats going to be on the 757's, also i believe the cost of the upgrade has gone to $250. I know AA does this on SNN-BOS and MAN-BOS, selling domestic F seats, but does not offer anything extra its an all coach service, i think they charge $150 and a friend in SNN told me that they sell a lot of these seats every day.

I'm probably wrong here, but I think I remember that when this service was first announced the plan was to "upgrade" frequent flyers and VIPs who happen to be on one of these flight to the FC seats at no charge.

But, even if they are charging an additional fare for those seats, it appears to be working. I checked some June dates at random, and there were no FC seats available in either direction. (However, this could also mean that they are blocked on the Internet site and will be assigned at the airport.)

I checked some June dates at random, and there were no FC seats available in either direction. (However, this could also mean that they are blocked on the Internet site and will be assigned at the airport.)
They are not SELLING them as J seats. The thing is only selling upgrades to those seats. My problem with the program is that they are not even going to offer what they offer on domestic, yet they are charging more than they would for a domestic upgrade.

Go First program is making a lot of money for the company
Remember we are a business and we are supposed to make money and in order to make money you must sell your product
PERIOD.
Giving a 800.00 dollar seat away for a 253.00 dollar fare is just stupid.
What I am curious about is the 200.00 GO FIRST or just a Upgrade fee.
One more qusetion are these the planes from ATA.

Go First program is making a lot of money for the company
Remember we are a business and we are supposed to make money and in order to make money you must sell your product
PERIOD.
Giving a 800.00 dollar seat away for a 253.00 dollar fare is just stupid.
What I am curious about is the 200.00 GO FIRST or just a Upgrade fee.
One more qusetion are these the planes from ATA.

Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't the upgrade fee to the west coast from PHL just $150???? Even if it is $200 which I don't think it is...they are charging more for the upgrade and offering less for the same length flight than they would for the domestic upgrade...it is being unfair to your customers--you are ripping them off.

Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't the upgrade fee to the west coast from PHL just $150???? Even if it is $200 which I don't think it is...they are charging more for the upgrade and offering less for the same length flight than they would for the domestic upgrade...it is being unfair to your customers--you are ripping them off.
Over 1101 miles domestic is 150 but not sure about the Intl.
flights.
Some like the bigger seat and don't get it as often as you do and seem to like the go first deal.
As I see it they are more appreciative of the service. I have not heard any complaints other than maybe no food but it is getting better.

but it is getting better.

what is getting better? do tell me because I have seen no change....in fact, another transcon coming up that I am debating whether to throw to UA because of the service difference

oh, and I have heard complaints...I paid $150 for THIS?

what is getting better? do tell me because I have seen no change....in fact, another transcon coming up that I am debating whether to throw to UA because of the service difference

oh, and I have heard complaints...I paid $150 for THIS?

I would call it "All Coach" service on our 757's with the ability to upgrade to "Coach Plus". As out top elites (US1 or US2) or for $200.00 get a larger seat and a more private cabin. You will get the same Great coach service, but more room to spread out.

This would be a great way to manage expectations without competing with a Premium service as Envoy or Domestic First. As a customer, it is all about managing expectations. If you know it is coach with a bigger seat, you expect coach service. I use to get this on the 767 AA flight from ORD to LAX. They sold the business cabin as coach and elite's could get seats in there. You knew it was coach but a better seat...

Hope US gets smart and call it a coach product plus.

Marketing can twist and turn this topic however they want but it is what it is. A total ripoff. Sell the damn thing as all coach and offer the possibility to upgrade to the bigger seat until the a/c are reconfigured. They blame the GD unions for making things so difficult? Stop making $H!T so complicated. This really doesn't have to be. Working those flights though shorter in duration is a lot harder than domestic on the flight attendant. You have the beverage/meal and juice and water. Then duty free and the arrival beverage and that nasty thing they call breakfast pastry. The f/a is gonna be able to do both? Not gonna happen so save the trouble now. Maybe we can start sending the CSD and D back to coach too. When your full up there people drink and eat and like to enjoy their "transatlantic" experience. Is it really that hard? My goodness. Just remember if your working up there on that glamourous 757 to keep that tie/tab on baby and remember the yesteryears of the concorde.

I would call it "All Coach" service on our 757's with the ability to upgrade to "Coach Plus". As out top elites (US1 or US2) or for $200.00 get a larger seat and a more private cabin. You will get the same Great coach service, but more room to spread out.

This would be a great way to manage expectations without competing with a Premium service as Envoy or Domestic First. As a customer, it is all about managing expectations. If you know it is coach with a bigger seat, you expect coach service. I use to get this on the 767 AA flight from ORD to LAX. They sold the business cabin as coach and elite's could get seats in there. You knew it was coach but a better seat...

Hope US gets smart and call it a coach product plus.
Yeah I remember TWA used to do that with their L-1011's in the Ambassador-sp cabin. Buy a coach seat then if you were a member of the higher tier in the FFB program you got to upgrade. I did it a few times from STL-LAX and STL-PHX and it was nice. Same service just a little bit added in and it was nice. As somebody said earlier our European product should not be comparable to flying a bunch of drunks to Vegas. I'm starting to feel like we are turning into the Wal Mart of airlines and I loathe Wal Mart!!!!

... As somebody said earlier, our European product should not be comparable to flying a bunch of drunks to Vegas. I'm starting to feel like we are turning into the Wal Mart of the airlines and I loathe Wal Mart!!!!....

I'm afraid the writing is on the wall. I sure hope not. Between the uniform issue and the low class first class service, we have seriously downgraded. I don't "loathe" Wal-Mart, but I am hoping that we will be more of a Costco offering high value products at a great price.

Give it some time. I think that things will get worked out in the near future. Keep in mind that this is all new to the west managment. They have to make mistakes to learn from those experiences. Not saying that it's right, but if you step back and look at the big picture, US did the same with PS and PI. Then management felt that they knew best how to run those 2 airlines, and incorporate them into US. But they were wrong and we are still suffering the ramifications of that era. Hopefully, this new team will learn a little faster, and their missteps will not be as catastrophic to the new airline.

I hate to see Envoy cheapened in any way. I agreee that the 75E trans Atlantics should be sold as pure coach, with upgrades available to "coach plus". I would hope that the passengers who do purchase these "up=grades" are aware of what they are getting prior to their purchase. If they are advised, and they are willing to pay the fee, then we are not ripping them off.

Should we have waited until the cabins were reconfigured to start the new service? No, not really. If you have the a/c available, and are upfront with the passengers as to service levels, then launch! We are in business to make money, and by not launching the new cities with no Envoy, we would lose that revenue. I think the original plan was a good one. I'm not sure how, where or why all the changes and charges came about. I've not seen anything in print about it. But again, if it is a mistake, it will be a learning experience for the new management, and hopefully will be corrected soon.

Question - Has the Sandcastle reversed its decision to drop US Airways "Envoy Class" branding?

I've noticed that everyone here is still calling it "Envoy" instead of the more generic "Business Class." Just habit/wishful thinking here or did I miss a change in that decision?

Smart move if it's going back to "Envoy," as it is a much more distinctive and powerful branding tool for US than a generic label.