China Flights- will it happen ?

True. It's clearly, and entirely just the fault of the whole rest of this mean spirited world. After all....the whole purpose of the universe is to make unfair attempts at making Tempe look bad. It has to be that way...How else can the DOT numbers be explained?..for just one example of the gross and vile conspiracy afoot.
The large number of employees that share your attitude and arrogance is the reason for the low DOT numbers.

Only morons on here blame Parker. Delta wants to put RJ's on the Intl term and have SWA expand, those are lost jobs, union dummies. Always fighting the wrong target and they never seem to catch on even after decades of it.

A conspiracy between Delta and Southwest you say?

What does that have to with 'union dummies'?

If blaming Parker makes one a moron, what does being his apologist say?

Although I'm sure it pays well.

The large number of employees that share your attitude and arrogance is the reason for the low DOT numbers.

Whew!...That's a huge relief! I was afraid of being on a rudderless ship adrift at night in the north atlantic with no crew aboard. Good thing I now know that "It's the employees' fault!!"...Now...About those gates/icebergs/etc....Ummm...what actually IS "the plan" here? I understand that the rudders were recently replaced with matted palm fronds due to cost cutting and enhancing shareholder value.......

PS: Few are much different now then during "The Global Carrier of Choice" phase, or any other earlier, and far prouder period...But I'm sure you're right...it's all the employees' fault....somehow.

Something is just not right. Alot of what I have seen since the merger leaves me scratching my head but though many would not like to admit it, Doug is NOT stupid. Too many other people are involved in this for some of the issues posted here not to have been discussed. Maybe US is merging with someone who trvls to China and its really not necessary to have this route from phl?? Like everyone else speculation but as always we'll wait to see what happens. Mama
I feel ya momma. Something ain't right, of course it may be my left hand but I digress.

OK, Delta has been moved to A-east and obviously won't be moving. What will US do now? How will they make their summer schedule work with the three less available gates.

OK, Delta has been moved to A-east and obviously won't be moving. What will US do now? How will they make their summer schedule work with the three less available gates.
All the gates in PHL couldn't make their operation work. This management team is fundamentally flawed.

My bet is that they go with the plan to build the extension to A west for a few more gates. It really is so dumb of the city of Philadelphia to go through with that move, though. I guess they feel like more SWA flights to Texas and Florida trump potential US Airways expansion to Asia and Europe. Idiots -- undeserving of an international hub. I hope US Airways merges with CO or UA and drops PHL in favor of EWR or IAD, respectively. Just say, "Buh, bye Philly!" (just like they did to the Burg). On another note, I hope they switch more European flying to CLT and tell PHL to "ph**k off."

Of all the flights to threaten to cut if US doesn't get the gates to themselves, isn't it stupid to suggest that they will move the PHL-China flight? Can US even switch from PHL to CLT or PHX? I thought that the China route awards were more restricted (and conditional - could the DOT take the award away from US if they try to switch PHL-Beijing to CLT-Beijing?)? To me this seems like US is pointing a gun to its own head and saying: "If you don't do as I say I'm going to shoot myself!" IMHO it would be better to threaten to move some of the Europe routes to CLT (or PHX) since EU is more or less open skies. Regardless, I think the city of PHL has the upper hand here, I think they know that there is no chance US is dropping/switching the PHL-China route.
The China flight was to originate in CLT with a stop in PHL... US does not care about WN in PHL like any airline now does NOT CARE about WN .. if you do then you have a problem. NOBODY RUNS FROM WN ANYMORE... what gets me is that why is it with the issue of US and PHL ? We all know that PHL is a very political city take the airport away from the city and give it to the state maybe things would be different .. who knows..the city of Chicago made a deal with WN NOT WITH ANYONE ELSE FOR THE NEXT 90 years for great terms at Midway.. Why can they make a DEAL with WN there at THEIR terms and not PHL do the same for US......The city of PHL and surrounding areas do not need more flights to FLLLOOORIIIDAAAA and VEGASSSS and so on and so on..but you know as an employee of US i dont even want to know what goes on at a BOD meeting and every employee of any industry feels the same. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Who said these flights would be staffed with west crews?

j/k
thank you that was a good one.... i heard that some US employees in the cabin are saying that the so called East f/a are mean .. thats because when it comes to judgement day and the contract ....hmmmmmmm very sad such crap.. even the US/PI merger was better than this it involved employees with 20-35 years in the business and now dealing with folks on the east with 10-30 years combining with f/as on the west with 6 months to 3 years.. DOH... for the new hires out WEST ... its callled DATE OF HIRE >> the company can take everything from your pay benefits and diginity but they should not take your DOH :up: :up: :up:

PB, this is nothing new. The sin of hubris is warned of by the Hebrew scriptures and the Greek texts of antiquity dating back to Homer. Kelleher did not figure this out on his own--he is just not spiritually blind thereby impelling his company to doom.
hmm i remember when WN announced coming to PHL and Herbie from WN said... HMMM I LUV PHILLY CHEESESTEAK... well that was when the city and state promised the world to WN during the US bk numero 2. and it did not happen. and the famous quote from HOMERS STUPIDUZ his name is then US CEO Davius Siegulus ... aka Dave Siegel who said... OH NO THEY ARE COMING TO KILL US!!!! We at US will never forget that .. how STUPIDIS.... but that was his play for US employees for givebacks. .. Lets stop quoting the greatest minds of ancient history and NOT compare them with so called leaders in the present day... ..no matter what the haters of US this is for you... HERBie ..you like Philly cheese steaks well guess WN and the rest can have the bread... US yes US will always have the MEAT AND CHEESE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :up: :up: :up: :up:

Latest posts