Company just picked a side and it wasn't USAPA's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its over boys.

"The discovery USAPA seeks generally relates to the “correctness” of the Nicolau Award, as evaluated in hindsight several years after it was issued. One factor Arbitrator Nicolau considered in his Award was the legitimate pre-merger career expectations of the East and West Pilots, in light of the financial conditions of US Airways and America West at the time of the merger. (See Doc. No. 34-6 at 25-26.) USAPA argues that the fortunes of the East and West Pilots have changed since the time of the Nicolau Award, and it requests discovery regarding how the legacy East and West operations have fared so that it can present evidence about post-merger career expectations. But discovery regarding post-merger changes in the relative career prospects of East and West Pilots is unnecessary unless the Court first decides, as a legal matter, that post-merger career expectations developed during a period when USAPA was actively resisting the Nicolau Award – could justify USAPA’s requirement that a date-of-hire seniority list, rather than the Nicolau Award, be included in any collective bargaining agreement with US Airways. This Court can decide that issue without discovery, and only if USAPA may disregard the Nicolau Award could its requested discovery have any 8 relevance."

Reactions: 3 people
If I were a worker at a company that in your words "Picked a Side" then I would automatically be on the other side. When you work for a corporation you're just so much #### under their heals. Do it to them BEFORE they do it to you.

Reactions: 2 people
No boo boo.

This will run its course sooner rather than later. Then it's off to CLT and my left seat.

Really.

Boo Boo,

I've been forthright in stating I'm in 25th year. That won't hold me capt in clt except for maybe 190. All just conjecture as I am Phl based and unsure of clt seniority requirements.
Would you mind telling us how many years LOS you have accumulated to hold this position in near term as you claim?

FA

Reactions: 2 people
If I were a worker at a company that in your words "Picked a Side" then I would automatically be on the other side. When you work for a corporation you're just so much #### under their heals. Do it to them BEFORE they do it to you.

That's one of the problem's with USAPA, they've further split the east and west apart. I was faced with a problem created by a middle manager. Did USAPA help me? No, because they are a pathetic excuse of a union. The chief pilot's office, basically came to my rescue and fixed the problem. The chief pilot's office even contacted f*&^ing USAPA, because they couldn't believe they wouldn't help. You guys should be ashamed of what you helped create. I'm not talking about fighting the Nic, I'm talking about creating a union who's sole purpose is to fight the Nic and nothing else. Rant over.

Reactions: 10 people
Boo Boo,

I've been forthright in stating I'm in 25th year. That won't hold me capt in clt except for maybe 190. All just conjecture as I am Phl based and unsure of clt seniority requirements.
Would you mind telling us how many years LOS you have accumulated to hold this position in near term as you claim?

FA
Nicolau award says I'm there. And no, I don't have 25 years. If I were a 25 year FO I would have killed myself 5 years prior.

Enjoy the 190.

Reactions: 4 people
Dude, shut up.

You don't know anything. Stop trying to participate.

Your input is worthless.

Reactions: 8 people
I'm actually surprised by the companys move. They make more money with the status quo, why get involved? We know they don't care about bad press, so there's got to be another reason. AA maybe???

Boo Boo,

FA

So, that's 25 years of UNINTERRUPTED SERVICE? And you can't hold CLT?

Interesting. BTW, a recent bid shows a 1999 hire (furloughed deep when this neat little marriage was arranged) got his bid for Captain (I believe NB). Less than 6 years on the deck. NICE.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm actually surprised by the companys move. They make more money with the status quo, why get involved? We know they don't care about bad press, so there's got to be another reason. AA maybe???

AA announced their plan to freeze, not terminate their pensions. I could be wrong, but with their debt level (even post bankruptcy) and that pension liability, I don't think anyones going to touch them with a ten foot pole. Don't get me wrong, I think it was criminal that the other legacies were allowed to dump their plans, but it's already done. I don't know, but with AA's current stand alone exit plan, I don't think it will be long and they'll be back in bankruptcy again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts