Company just picked a side and it wasn't USAPA's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the east's attrition & that coveted left seat is so important (vs. $$$, contract improvements & time off), why would someone bypass the chance to upgrade in any aircraft?

This is one of the more frustrating themes from the west and I'm surprised you have fallen into it, since you are one of the more level headed posters.

If you look at out seniority list it is easy to see that coveted left seat is not always coveted. Most pilots want to make the most money, with the best QOL, no matter what seat you are in. It's not a simple right seat to left seat over here like it is on the west, it's multilayer and often a F/O block holder seat will provide you with better money and QOL than bottom reserve captain. It depends on a lot of things. I live in base and choose to bid reserve captain, but I would rather fly right seat on the 330 or 76I than commute to it. But we have options.

I'm guessing this type of b.s. gets thrown around on your boards so much that you guys begin to believe it as fact.

Apologies. You are correct. You can be pretty senior EMB190 CA. If we paid what JetBlu paid ($142.83), that wouldn't be a bad gig. Same time zone, some tropical flying, etc.

I just hit 12 years LOS. Not embarrassed in the least. We all signed up for an agreed upon process, and our CBA signed on the dotted line. Changing the name of the CBA does not entitle the new CBA to pick & choose which portions of the TA it wishes to represent & follow. So simple, even a cave man can figure it out (apologies to GIECO).

The former east CBA walked away from the bargaining table. You have bought 5+ years of delay. That is all.

CB

The Kirby offers NO raise for the 190, yet the west keeps telling us how stupid we were for not accepting it.

• Banned
...not really taking sides.
The company just referred to your one and only argument as being stupid and irrelevant.

How is this not taking sides? If they're not neutral, they've taken a side.

You guys really do enjoy this self-immolation, don't you. I was told that only a 2x4 to your collective heads would move you in the right direction and that's pretty much spot on.

This is one of the more frustrating themes from the west and I'm surprised you have fallen into it, since you are one of the more level headed posters.
Maybe because several easties tie attrition and getting a captain's bid together in posts here? Are you ignoring that?

Jim

• Banned
Boo Boo,

1. US guys actually still being employed.
2. You now includes YOU
3. And you have bragging rights???
4. It's DOH + C&R , and ur right to think its insane to shut it down
5. Oh yeah, really losing sleep on that one.......NOT
6. Completely......he chose not to run again.........so at best your opinion.

That bottom AB clt award shows 25 years 2months and 5 days LOS to date.
Are you toooo embarrassed to give us a round number of LOS?
Can you tell us the Lotto # at least?

FA

You obviously need to read a bit slower to comprehend things but I'll bottom line this for you.

Never say never in this industry boo boo. You guys were have a step from being on the street in 2005 yet here you are still flying.

With all your legal losses and the MDA angle shut down, there is nothing to stop the Nic other than delay. Not a merger, not your constitution, nothing.

Your delay costs you way more than it does us and I do believe we may see a legal remedy to this tactic that may actually include a bump and flush. Just a possibility, but we'll see. I suggest you keep that though in the back of your head.

This is the end game. You've run out of options. Hummel will be the President that sees Nic come on property and helps me move to Davidson.

Maybe because several easties tie attrition and getting a captain's bid together in posts here? Are you ignoring that?

Jim

Maybe, but I see it more from the west.

Where ya been? Want to answer the Empire questions or cannot you not find a word game way out of it. You seem to do that a lot.

The company just referred to your one and only argument as being stupid and irrelevant.

How is this not taking sides? If they're not neutral, they've taken a side.

You guys really do enjoy this self-immolation, don't you. I was told that only a 2x4 to your collective heads would move you in the right direction and that's pretty much spot on.

Is that the one and only argument? I though the "it won't get ratified" agrument was still there. Whatever. Read it again:

"But discovery regarding post-merger changes in the relative career prospects of East and West Pilots is unnecessary unless the Court first decides, as a legal matter, that post-merger career expectations developed during a period when USAPA was actively resisting the Nicolau Award – could justify USAPA’s requirement that a date-of-hire seniority list, rather than the Nicolau Award, be included in any collective bargaining agreement with US Airways. This Court can decide that issue without discovery, and only if USAPA may disregard the Nicolau Award could its requested discovery have any 8 relevance."

Unless the COURT decides, not MSU. "and only if USAPA may disregard the Nicolau Award could its requested discovery have any 8 relevance". So if the COURT decides that issue is relevance, not MSU, then the discovery does.

You've been wrong so much, I will just wait for the judge. Thanks.

You obviously need to read a bit slower to comprehend things but I'll bottom line this for you.

Gee Boo Boo, not even an attempt at dicussion with that reply.
I read it very slow btw, comprehended and then actually replied. Disagreement can = comprehension.

Your bottom line = blah blah blah .

Noted however you failed again to comprehend/answer the very simple LOS question as CB easily did above In post #30.

FA

• Banned
Gee Boo Boo, not even an attempt at dicussion with that reply.
I read it very slow btw, comprehended and then actually replied. Disagreement can = comprehension.

Your bottom line = blah blah blah .

Noted however you failed again to comprehend/answer the very simple LOS question as CB easily did above In post #30.

FA
You don't need to know my LOS. Nicolau took it into account, I have my place on the list, so its an irrelevant discussion.

And with your comprehension being "blah blah blah", I can understand why you guys don't mind LOA 93 - the mental capacity isn't there.

• Banned
Is that the one and only argument? I though the "it won't get ratified" agrument was still there. Whatever. Read it again:

"But discovery regarding post-merger changes in the relative career prospects of East and West Pilots is unnecessary unless the Court first decides, as a legal matter, that post-merger career expectations developed during a period when USAPA was actively resisting the Nicolau Award – could justify USAPA’s requirement that a date-of-hire seniority list, rather than the Nicolau Award, be included in any collective bargaining agreement with US Airways. This Court can decide that issue without discovery, and only if USAPA may disregard the Nicolau Award could its requested discovery have any 8 relevance."

Unless the COURT decides, not MSU. "and only if USAPA may disregard the Nicolau Award could its requested discovery have any 8 relevance". So if the COURT decides that issue is relevance, not MSU, then the discovery does.

You've been wrong so much, I will just wait for the judge. Thanks.
Kicking and screaming to the end, eh Pi?

I've was right about LOA93, MDA, snapbacks, EDNY, etc. You just choose not to accept the obvious until it hits you in the head.

If you easties could figure it out, you'd save a ton of our dues money by not playing these games.

Ratification will come soon enough. Many of you have had enough and it looks like Silver may convince the easties that have a touch of common sense to finally throw in the towel.

The company agrees with AoL 100%. Silver didn't want to allow reply briefs because she has what she needs but was obligated to allow USAPA to file them. I don't think she cares what they say.

You'll find that once the briefs are filed, her decision will come out soon thereafter.

And I'll be right once again.

The Kirby offers NO raise for the 190, yet the west keeps telling us how stupid we were for not accepting it.

I can't speak for everyone, but my threshold is a contract that is equal to or greater than the current AWA contract PLUS a lot more than the KP. I fully agree that the KP is woefully inadequate. Further, I'm pretty sure that no one has accused the east of being stupid for not accepting it. We have made allegations of intelligence with regard to:
  • Attempting to get DOH in arbitration
  • Pulling out of JNC talks with a nearly complete TA
  • Changing the name of the CBA in a attempt to dodge the Nicolau Award
  • Trying to sue west pilots under the RICO statutes
  • Trying to renegotiate the Nicolau Award during the Addington Trial
  • Trying to renegotiate the Nicolau Award with the Ninth
  • Trying to renegotiate the Nicolau Award with the Supreme Court
  • Doing a FULL page ad in USA Today regarding "safety"
  • Trying to sue the company for Status Quo
  • Failing to prove lack of involvement in the "Safety Campaign"
  • ......I'm sure I've missed something, but you get the point.

You don't need to know my LOS. Nicolau took it into account, I have my place on the list, so its an irrelevant discussion.

Boo Boo,

LOL all day at your recent post but now feeling a bit sad that you may indeed be a very very very junior LCC pilot.
Earlier you mentioned I could quietly yank gear for ya, now am thinking I will miss the chance to hang with my newest bud.

Guess I'll have to be nice to CB, at least may have a chance to do walk arounds for him. Btw, 12 yrs difference LOS is far cry better than Nic thought right.

Hope your pals at AA don't put ya on the street.

FA

• Banned
FA,

Have no worries - you'll be pulling gear for me in no time and I'll be telling you about my new home in Davidson.

As for AA, you can ease you're thoughts. They'll behave better to us because of the case law you helped establish.

Congrats, you made your own noose.

And as for LOS, it really is an irrelevant argument. I can tell you anything and for all I know you may be a 99 hire. It's pointless. The Nic is what's important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back