Company just picked a side and it wasn't USAPA's

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's one of the problem's with USAPA, they've further split the east and west apart. I was faced with a problem created by a middle manager. Did USAPA help me? No, because they are a pathetic excuse of a union. The chief pilot's office, basically came to my rescue and fixed the problem. The chief pilot's office even contacted f*&^ing USAPA, because they couldn't believe they wouldn't help. You guys should be ashamed of what you helped create. I'm not talking about fighting the Nic, I'm talking about creating a union who's sole purpose is to fight the Nic and nothing else. Rant over.
What sort of issue did you have with the middle manager?

So, that's 25 years of UNINTERRUPTED SERVICE? And you can't hold CLT?

Interesting. BTW, a recent bid shows a 1999 hire (furloughed deep when this neat little marriage was arranged) got his bid for Captain (I believe NB). Less than 6 years on the deck. NICE.

CB,

All " UNINTERRUPTED SERVICE " . In 25th year......not completed.
Just looked at June 2012 east perm bid award. I cannot hold any C/O NB in east system ( B737 or better ).
I and ALL Easties note that move2clt failed to share his actual LOS .
I too would be embarrassed to reveal such.

FA

Less than four years.

Boo Boo,

Got a good chuckle outa above reply!
Can any sane person expect:
1-LCC to be around in 4 years
2- Not fighting to keep job with any legacy carrier merge
3-actually cashing the Nic lottery ticket

Was that 4 yr dream for ab330 c/o?

FA

• Banned
Boo Boo,

Got a good chuckle outa above reply!
Can any sane person expect:
1-LCC to be around in 4 years
2- Not fighting to keep job with any legacy carrier merge
3-actually cashing the Nic lottery ticket

Was that 4 yr dream for ab330 c/o?

FA

I could have said the same thing about:

1. You guys actually still being employed.
2. You guys surviving how many bankruptcies?
3. You guys still being on LOA93 after all these years.
4. The west, a minority, completely shutting down your DOH cram down.
5. Completely sweeping the Appeal Board.
6. Cleary, your savior, being completely rejected by his own pilots.

Its only a matter of time before the Nic is used. These losses you've seen lately are the end game.

You can have your 330. I'll have my AB Capt seat out of CLT.

What sort of issue did you have with the middle manager?

Had to do with being dropped off the company's insurance plan while on medical leave. This happened a couple years ago. Nothing like having a large medical bill rejected, calling the insurance company, and them saying you don't have any insurance. Women in HR even responded, "This is total BS, but it's coming from above and there is nothing I can do." The middle manager made a decision, probably to save the company money, even though it was breaking the contract. Chief pilots office fought for me, USAPA gave me and my family the middle finger. Looking forward to a change in the leadership, whether it's Hummel or Ferguson.

Interesting. BTW, a recent bid shows a 1999 hire (furloughed deep when this neat little marriage was arranged) got his bid for Captain (I believe NB). Less than 6 years on the deck. NICE.

Not sure what you are looking at. The only '99 hire I see in the left seat would be the bottom guys on the 190 in PHL and on reserve that is probably a lower paying seat than they can hold.

Its over boys.

"The discovery USAPA seeks generally relates to the “correctness” of the Nicolau Award, as evaluated in hindsight several years after it was issued. One factor Arbitrator Nicolau considered in his Award was the legitimate pre-merger career expectations of the East and West Pilots, in light of the financial conditions of US Airways and America West at the time of the merger. (See Doc. No. 34-6 at 25-26.) USAPA argues that the fortunes of the East and West Pilots have changed since the time of the Nicolau Award, and it requests discovery regarding how the legacy East and West operations have fared so that it can present evidence about post-merger career expectations. But discovery regarding post-merger changes in the relative career prospects of East and West Pilots is unnecessary unless the Court first decides, as a legal matter, that post-merger career expectations developed during a period when USAPA was actively resisting the Nicolau Award – could justify USAPA’s requirement that a date-of-hire seniority list, rather than the Nicolau Award, be included in any collective bargaining agreement with US Airways. This Court can decide that issue without discovery, and only if USAPA may disregard the Nicolau Award could its requested discovery have any 8 relevance."

I'm sure Judge Silver is glad it's over.

Does look like the company is finally ready to move on. I guess they feel that squeezing this turnip isn't worth it anymore. I'm not an attorney, but it reads more like they are saying oral arguments are not necessary for the question being asked, not really taking sides.

I could have said the same thing about:

1. You guys actually still being employed.
2. You guys surviving how many bankruptcies?
3. You guys still being on LOA93 after all these years.
4. The west, a minority, completely shutting down your DOH cram down.
5. Completely sweeping the Appeal Board.
6. Cleary, your savior, being completely rejected by his own pilots.

Its only a matter of time before the Nic is used. These losses you've seen lately are the end game.

You can have your 330. I'll have my AB Capt seat out of CLT.

Boo Boo,

1. US guys actually still being employed.
2. You now includes YOU
3. And you have bragging rights???
4. It's DOH + C&R , and ur right to think its insane to shut it down
5. Oh yeah, really losing sleep on that one.......NOT
6. Completely......he chose not to run again.........so at best your opinion.

That bottom AB clt award shows 25 years 2months and 5 days LOS to date.
Are you toooo embarrassed to give us a round number of LOS?
Can you tell us the Lotto # at least?

FA

Not sure what you are looking at. The only '99 hire I see in the left seat would be the bottom guys on the 190 in PHL and on reserve that is probably a lower paying seat than they can hold.

Apologies. You are correct. A 1999 hire will be a EMB190 Captain. Since the east's attrition & that coveted left seat is so important (vs. $$$, contract improvements & time off), why would someone bypass the chance to upgrade in any aircraft?

Based on what I saw in the bid, a 1987 hire (25 years) would be relatively senior in the EMB190.

Just curious.

CB,

All " UNINTERRUPTED SERVICE " . In 25th year......not completed.
Just looked at June 2012 east perm bid award. I cannot hold any C/O NB in east system ( B737 or better ).
I and ALL Easties note that move2clt failed to share his actual LOS .
I too would be embarrassed to reveal such.

FA

Apologies. You are correct. You can be pretty senior EMB190 CA. If we paid what JetBlu paid ($142.83), that wouldn't be a bad gig. Same time zone, some tropical flying, etc.

I just hit 12 years LOS. Not embarrassed in the least. We all signed up for an agreed upon process, and our CBA signed on the dotted line. Changing the name of the CBA does not entitle the new CBA to pick & choose which portions of the TA it wishes to represent & follow. So simple, even a cave man can figure it out (apologies to GIECO).

The former east CBA walked away from the bargaining table. You have bought 5+ years of delay. That is all.

CB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back