Company Selling 757s As F=8

ClueByFour

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Serious question for you res (or anyone else who might know):

Is the company selling the 757s as having 8 FC seats? I just tried to buy 2 FC tickets on a 757 and could not find availability on any friggen day. The only thing I could figure is that they are selling it as F8, despite delaying the reconfiguration (and having planes that have 24 seats in F.

If that's the case, I'll just buy the coach ticket and chance the upgrade.

Thanks for any info.

How far in the future are you talking? I know they said they were indefinitely suspending the reconfiguration and would be opening up flights for sale, but can't remember off the top of my head how far out they were going to open them up right now. It might also depend on if the back is already over from the previous booking aus in which case they probably have F seats held in inventory. You can PM me with the info and I'll see whats up when I go back to work on Sun if you cant get anyone else to answer here before then.

Trying to get to Vegas from any hub during the peak holiday season (12/26-12/27).

Can't seem to pull it off. If I'm going to spend the dough, I'm not riding in Y on a U 757. Great service, but the plane is truly beat.

There's something goofy going on with the online res system ... nothing new there.

Have you tried calling US Airways reservations? I would guess this has something to do with the new low-price F fares that are not available online ...

BTW, I meant to add it definitely looks like there's availability because I was able to find tons of FC seats for Premium FC awards ...

Beckles said:
BTW, I meant to add it definitely looks like there's availability because I was able to find tons of FC seats for Premium FC awards ...
Well, I think the problem is obvious. They can't SELL anymore FC seats because they're saving them to give away as free upgrades. It's part of the plot to continue to bleed money. Sell too many FC seats and we just might show profits, and that's something this management team can't do right now because they need to dip into employee pockets a few more times.

If reservations can see an upgrade or premium award seat they can sure as hell sell it as a revenue F seat. There may be something wonky with the us.com reservations system, but Beckles is right. Call the Preferred desk and I bet you will be able to purchase a pair of F seats.

Latest posts