Question About The New 757 Re-config ?

AOG,

I may have good news or I may have bad news for you tonight. I could not make out the tail numbers, but one was nosed towards Bay 3 and the other was backed up to the blast fence. The barn doors were closed, so I couldn't get a look inside.

N628AU said:
AOG,

I may have good news or I may have bad news for you tonight. I could not make out the tail numbers, but one was nosed towards Bay 3 and the other was backed up to the blast fence. The barn doors were closed, so I couldn't get a look inside.
With any degree of luck , it was 670 backed up to the blast fence. 671 has sat nosed up to the bay 3 doors for days. I can only hope that we don't have three idled at the same time....but on a positive note , I won't have far to go to rob one of the 330's if and when one craps out in PHL.

I can see a King Air Air taxi in my future already...but what's so different about that Vs. any other day of the week? :shock: :D

I'll be awaiting the call from "The Holdergiest" and PHL as usual...TGIF...and a very Merry Christmas to one and all.

Downsized from A330 to 767 flight 1470 PHL-SJU for 2 days in a row now. Both flights were oversold on the A330. Of course I shouldn't complain, I got to stay home today, as I was the most senior and I still get paid. I'm sure we lost some big revenue, with SJU being the big cruise ship port. As usual, we are flying our poor planes until we have to pull them off the line and major stuff to them. We should have spares like those other real airlines. The 767's are looking mighty tired and in serious need of a face lift.

PSA1979 said:
Downsized from A330 to 767 flight 1470 PHL-SJU for 2 days in a row now. Both flights were oversold on the A330. Of course I shouldn't complain, I got to stay home today, as I was the most senior and I still get paid. I'm sure we lost some big revenue, with SJU being the big cruise ship port. As usual, we are flying our poor planes until we have to pull them off the line and major stuff to them. We should have spares like those other real airlines. The 767's are looking mighty tired and in serious need of a face lift.
Hmmm,

Lets evaluate this situation.

(1) Work is backing up like crazy

(2) Our premium plane (A330's) are sitting idle for lack of manpower and often parts.

(3) Flights are being given equipment down-grades or substitutions (Which ever you prefer to call it)

(4) Maintenance is being forced to work mandatory shifts over the Christmas Holiday at premium salary rates in a feeble attempt to put a dent in a backlog of work.

(5) We are paying pilots whom have been bumped due to equipment swaps to do nothing (No knock on the crews..it ain't your fault)

With a scenario like this...coupled to what has been exposed earlier in this thread...does anyone care to take a stab at where the problem stems from here?

I'll go out on a very sturdy limb and say it is not the fault of those of us whom have endured the most regarding staffing levels reductions ,wage and benefit concessions....and the non-stop threat of being asked to give more...or worse if the situation dictates in certain circles eyes?

And if HQ were at the airport instead of 400 miles away, maybe, just maybe someone would notice. Naw, not this high priced talent, they are busy with FBN internet sales outlets. Meanwhile the operation goes methaphorically south.

I have a theory about the decline of an airline being related to shifting HQ off of the airport.

flynomore said:
And if HQ were at the airport instead of 400 miles away, maybe, just maybe someone would notice. Naw, not this high priced talent, they are busy with FBN internet sales outlets. Meanwhile the operation goes methaphorically south.

I have a theory about the decline of an airline being related to shifting HQ off of the airport.
Agreed.....and at a price premium we can ill afford too !!

CCY makes a feeble arguement about being close to where " The Government" is....but does any other US Major or LCC headquarter themselves in such an expensive place as metropolitan DC?

While Seigel is claiming that everything is on the table....lets put the clause in the executives contracts about moving or closing CCY at a premium to them on the table as well.

In light of our problems..I would have to conclude that we would all be better served by a leadership group being located in one of the hub cities as opposed to sitting off-property in CCY....maybe being able to see a problem up-close instead of reliance on tainted reports and spread sheets from other idiots would be to all our benefit. The costs savings of CCY's location being no longer would be yet another added boost to our floundering bottom line too.

PSA 1979 remember last Jan- Feb- Mar on the 330 in CLT---- CLT front end crews got a 3 month paid vacation when PIT folks did the trip to GAT ---it is truly a miracule we are still here---it just never ends--GL to us all ! Twoooo

If all the parts and things are in CLT, why is the conversion work being done at PIT? Or is this just another example of poor planning and waste?

It gets worse, as of yesterday they are planning to move the 757 c check from clt to pit. We'll have to dedicate a daily flight just for moving parts to pit to support this. And as of yesterday the brilliant marketing folks want the ife reinstalled in the 737/3/4, ( now that we have removed it from approx 1/2 the fleet ). It doesn't take much to figure out where all the money is going, Dave and his band of merry men are throwing it out the window.

If all the parts and things are in CLT, why is the conversion work being done at PIT? Or is this just another example of poor planning and waste?

It gets worse, as of yesterday they are planning to move the 757 c check from clt to pit. We'll have to dedicate a daily flight just for moving parts to pit to support this. And as of yesterday the brilliant marketing folks want the ife reinstalled in the 737/3/4, ( now that we have removed it from approx 1/2 the fleet ). It doesn't take much to figure out where all the money is going, Dave and his band of merry men are throwing it out the window.

CLT is not losing the C-check on the 757s, you dont have hangars in PIT that can hold three of them simaltanously, I check on the maintenance planning page and ALL the 757 C-checks are in CLT, PIT has the seat mods and then hangar 5's tracks for the next 12 months show all 737-300/400 Q-checks.

700UW said:
CLT is not losing the C-check on the 757s, you dont have hangars in PIT that can hold three of them simaltanously, I check on the maintenance planning page and ALL the 757 C-checks are in CLT, PIT has the seat mods and then hangar 5's tracks for the next 12 months show all 737-300/400 Q-checks.
hey guy...we got your engine shop...we have the can do mentality here in pit.
if we can't fix it ,it ain't broke

We got your Training Center and New Hangar!

And we have signed leases too!

Charlotte Fact Sheet
Charlotte/Douglas International Airport
Daily Departures
US Airways 256
US Airways Express 204
Total 460

Scope of Charlotte Hub Operation

Charlotte is one of US Airways' three hubs. US Airways operates from 36 jet gates on Concourses B, C, and D, with international flights operating on Concourse D

US Airways Express operates from state of the art Concourse E with 26 gates and 32 aircraft parking positions.

US Airways and US Airways Express flies to 109 destinations nonstop each business day, the most of any carrier at Charlotte

US Airways currently has two US Airways Clubs at Charlotte. The B Club is located next to gate B3; and the largest Club a 22,261-square-foot Club and Business Center is located at the juncture of the C and D Concourses

US Airways serves 15 Caribbean destinations from Charlotte, with nonstop roundtrip service to Aruba, Belize, Cancun, Grand Bahama Island, Grand Cayman, Mexico City, Montego Bay, Nassau, Providenciales, Punta Cana, San Juan, St. Croix, St. Thomas, with weekend roundtrip service available to Cozumel and St. Maarten

Charlotte-Mexico City will begin Oct. 26, 2003 subject to approval by the Mexican government.

US Airways will begin new Charlotte-San Jose, Costa Rica nonstop service on November 8, 2003.

Saturday roundtrip service from Charlotte to St. Kitts begins December 13, 2003 and to Antigua February 14, 2004.

Service between Charlotte and La Romana in the Dominican Republic begins Dec. 13, 2003.

From Charlotte, US Airways serves two European destinations, with roundtrip nonstop flights to London's Gatwick airport and Frankfurt.

US Airways is Charlottes' sixth private employer with 5,681 employees

US Airways Charlotte Facilities

Heavy Maintenance hangar and Line Maintenance hangars

Stock distribution building for aircraft and equipment parts

Crew training building with 10 simulators for Airbus and Boeing aircraft

Ground Support Equipment building

Maintenance Support Building

Cargo/Catering building

Economic Impact in 2002

$642,931,654 in annual salaries and related

$961,979,634 in annual expenditures

There are 22 Self-Service Check-In Kiosks in Charlotte

does any one know if the a-321's are going to be configured as well?. there are eniterly to many f/c seats on that a/c.

There are 26 seats and they are going to be doing the majority of the west coast flights so the company has not said anything about reconfiguring them.

etops1 said:
does any one know if the a-321's are going to be configured as well?. there are eniterly to many f/c seats on that a/c.
Those seats are one of the few reasons left why I still fly US...

Latest posts

Back