Crashpads in SFO?

comeflywithme

Mar 18, 2006
Hey! So I passed my FIRST interview with United. My second interview is on the 30th. If i get the job I am hoping to be based in SFO. If I am, does anyone know of any crashpads that are near a train/public transportation system? How much do crashpads run there??

Thanks!

John

Hey! So I passed my FIRST interview with United. My second interview is on the 30th. If i get the job I am hoping to be based in SFO. If I am, does anyone know of any crashpads that are near a train/public transportation system? How much do crashpads run there??

Thanks!

John
SFO area is one of the highest cost of living in the country.

Cal Train

BART

Crashpads are generally listed on bulletin boards within crew rooms. Try there.
Also, online at: http://www.crashpads.com/

prices vary depending on, do you want a hotbed? your own bed? Some rent by the number of nights per month. Some have a montly rate. That's why you need to call each individual place.

only stating opinions

Crashpads are generally listed on bulletin boards within crew rooms. Try there.
Also, online at: http://www.crashpads.com/

prices vary depending on, do you want a hotbed? your own bed? Some rent by the number of nights per month. Some have a montly rate. That's why you need to call each individual place.

only stating opinions
I misread the original, I took it as apartments. But the two links are the trains that go to SFO, CalTrain to Milbrae then Bart to Airport. Caltrain goes down the peninsula past San Jose to Gilroy. That's pricey for apartments all the way down. San Francisco area is a great place to be, but very expensive. I hope everything works out for you! Good Luck!

To the original poster: Do you want a "crash pad" or do you want to relocate to SFO? Most crash pads are in Burlingame in a complex called North Park. You'd be missing out on the treasures that are to be found actually "living" in the city of San Francisco...a world class city easily accessible to SFO Airport via BART and SAMTRANS (bus). I highly recommend the latter for an optimal living situation. You get the beaches, the bridges, Russian Hill, Telegraph Hill, North Beach, Nob Hill, The Tenderloin, The Haight Ashbury, The Castro, The Mission, Dolores Park, Pacific Heights, The Marina, Golden Gate Park, Chinatown, Potrero Hill, Noe Valley, and Cole Valley. Something for everyone: Whether you're into piercings, tatoos, leather and levis, yuppies, guppies (gay yuppies), art, Asians, night life, surfing, yoga, running, biking, panhandling, meditation...San Francisco has it all!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! You all have been so nice! Is there anything else you can tell me about flying for United? I have been a FA for 3 years now so I'm not a beginner, but i know cultures are different.

Is anyone based in DC? I am thinking about being based in DC since my family is there.

To the original poster: Do you want a "crash pad" or do you want to relocate to SFO? Most crash pads are in Burlingame in a complex called North Park. You'd be missing out on the treasures that are to be found actually "living" in the city of San Francisco...a world class city easily accessible to SFO Airport via BART and SAMTRANS (bus). I highly recommend the latter for an optimal living situation. You get the beaches, the bridges, Russian Hill, Telegraph Hill, North Beach, Nob Hill, The Tenderloin, The Haight Ashbury, The Castro, The Mission, Dolores Park, Pacific Heights, The Marina, Golden Gate Park, Chinatown, Potrero Hill, Noe Valley, and Cole Valley. Something for everyone: Whether you're into piercings, tatoos, leather and levis, yuppies, guppies (gay yuppies), art, Asians, night life, surfing, yoga, running, biking, panhandling, meditation...San Francisco has it all!

Have you looked at the price of living in any of those SF neighborhoods and compared that against the income of a first year F/A and not laughed?

Thanks!

John

Safeway has some nice carts, but the COSTCO has some new polymer coated rigs that would make a smooth ride and with the excess cardboard in the back, would make quite a comfy dig.

(Just being an A$$... :p )
B) UT

Safeway has some nice carts, but the COSTCO has some new polymer coated rigs that would make a smooth ride and with the excess cardboard in the back, would make quite a comfy dig.

(Just being an A$$... :p )
B) UT

There is a long waiting list for doorways in the Haight. :ph34r:

To the OP...

I would avoid Dulles at all cost as a commuter or even a "local".
You'd have less headaches in San Francisco and to be honest after living in DC for 2 years and interning at Dulles for 3 months with 3 months of Cust Service work at DCA...All I remember is how miserable everyone was in the winter time.