Cry For Cost Cuts Grows Louder

usa320 I believe you are 100% correct............... 700 Just recently North west announced it would close remaining tkt offices. and slash over 1billion dollars out of its budget. Although no plans out do you think this will not affect an employee???? Delta has been hit hard. Deltas new leader is again trying to get delta to sacrifice which in the end i think they will do . No legacy carrier will be untouched hen it comes to its employees sacrificing yet again. Youre in denial you wont face reality. You pic and choose your sources to fit your lame arguments.... You try your best to make it look like our management is the only team cutting and hurting its employees. Name one airline with the exception of lccs that havent massively cut jobs and or pay! That includes the iam !!!!! Im not sure what your point is other than to outrage inflame and beat up on this management team. If your thinking is they are in great shape your sadly mistaken . Stop mincing your words and posting inflammatory no factual crap. You have an agenda it is clear we all see thru it !

I believe AMR although has given up wage and benifits has not had the 35% of its workforce furloughed such as the case of U. I believe if you read up on the history their CEO was heading that direction only to be turned back and forced to resign. Now although on shaky ground acording to some of the anylysts they are on the road to recovery. And for those eager for U to outsouce so they can keep THEIR jobs, AMR still does a majority of their work inhouse!!!!!

usfliboi

I have asked you in a previous post to show the boards where NW,WN, CO and DL have gotten concessions from employees and you failed to do so.

Where has AA and UA asked CURRENT employees for more?

I have provided links to the information I have provided and once again you fail to dispute what I post or back up your postings with factual information.

Do I expect anything less?

NO, just shows you know nothing of what is going on!

And you are just this:

700UW said:
usfliboi

I have asked you in a previous post to show the boards where NW,WN, CO and DL have gotten concessions from employees and you failed to do so.

I have provided links to the information I have provided and once again you fail to dispute what I post or back up your postings with factual information.

And you are just this:
Again mincing words. You know as well as i do they all WILL give more and have been asked to do so or they are in talks ie DL . This is not about proof of further give backs its about reality . The people doing the asking and the reality of it happening OR ELSE! You simply dont get it. Are they asking for give backs? Sounds liek they are taking. DL closing all tkt ofices... cal will soon close its gso buying office.... Northwest selling assets in 4th quarter.... loss after loss except for those who sold assets.......North west announcin over a billion in cuts (FURTHER) think thats all gonna protect employees or they getting a raise? Ual in bk and has continued to slash and will be forced to in order to exit bk and qualify for a gov backed loan..... AA all but a shell of what it used to be and STILL NO PROFIT...... I dont need to tell you hopefully u see the writing

usfliboi said:
700UW said:
usfliboi

And you are just this:
Again mincing words. You know as well as i do they all WILL give more and have been asked to do so or they are in talks ie DL . This is not about proof of further give backs its about reality . The people doing the asking and the reality of it happening OR ELSE! You simply dont get it. Are they asking for give backs? Sounds liek they are taking. DL closing all tkt ofices... cal will soon close its gso buying office.... Northwest selling assets in 4th quarter.... loss after loss except for those who sold assets.......North west announcin over a billion in cuts (FURTHER) think thats all gonna protect employees or they getting a raise? Ual in bk and has continued to slash and will be forced to in order to exit bk and qualify for a gov backed loan..... AA all but a shell of what it used to be and STILL NO PROFIT...... I dont need to tell you hopefully u see the writing
at the end of the day it will be too little too late for the once great U :(

usfliboi

Still waiting for your facts and not opinions, if you can talk the talk, you need to walk the walk.

See that red light in the corner of your monitor getting dimmer?

That is your credibility indicator and it is just about burned out.

Once again I am going to ask you to provide FACTUAL information where NW, CO, DL and WN are or have gotten concessions from its employees that work under a collective bargaining agreement.

Once again show me where NW, CO and WN are in negotiations for concessions.

Once again show me where AA and UA are in concessionary bargaining?

700: My point being, he doesn't care to listen. Just spouts off and not listen. He is always coming on here asking for FACTS and when Facts are presented he tells you, you are Mincing words or spinning. I for one appreciate what you present on here. I have learned alot. :)

usfliboi-

It is well known throughout the industry that US has given up the most... what has it done for the company? Nothing!

I'll tell you another thing about the rest of the industry, and that 35% thats gone from U... recently alot of the views have gone from hope of success and a return to US Airways, to a shutdown to uphold the last shreds of dignity of the industry because of people like you (although I find it hard to believe you are really working in the galleys of US, more likely an office).

Light Years said:
usfliboi-

It is well known throughout the industry that US has given up the most... what has it done for the company? Nothing!

I'll tell you another thing about the rest of the industry, and that 35% thats gone from U... recently alot of the views have gone from hope of success and a return to US Airways, to a shutdown to uphold the last shreds of dignity of the industry because of people like you (although I find it hard to believe you are really working in the galleys of US, more likely an office).
Light

Thanks for saying what needed said in an elegant way.

I have difficulty doing what you just did; I want to go in swinging. :p

I think Usflyboi, etops1 and usa320pilot should form their own little website and chat away. Oh and add PB also.

Not that I agree with everyone on here, but I try to have an open mind. I actually find a lot of humor and comfort in it all, considering the magnitude of U's situation.

I find it interesting that PB thinks the posters on here for U are just a teeny miniority. Yet the "miniority" are in the "majority" in their opinions and feelings that are posted here. :)

Bottom line in my opinion is the IAM has a contract to remain in FULL force untill December 31, 2008!!!! The contract was forced upon us at the time, passed by many who are no longer with U voting "Yes" for their severence. Chap 11 threat was used once and not likely again in the near future. The contract is being tested daily by the company. And there is supposed to be some type of trust????I go to work daily , give 100% and will continue to do so under this contract untill 12/31/08!!!!!!