F/a's To Meet With Bronner

AOG:

With all due respect, I dsiagree with your comments. By the way, from what I'm hearing, many of your colleagues disagree with your comments too, and the negative rhetoric on this forum is not representative of the majority of the employees.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
AOG:

With all due respect, I dsiagree with your comments. By the way, from what I'm hearing, many of your colleagues disagree with your comments too, and the negative rhetoric on this forum is not representative of the majority of the employees.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
Yeah Right....what did you do? Poll the eldest 2 IAM guys on the property to get a feel for the majority? :rolleyes:

Aog:

AOG asked: "Yeah Right....what did you do? Poll the eldest 2 IAMguys on the property to get a feel for the majority?"

USA320Pilot comments: Nope, I just talk with people throughout the system. Most people recognize the alternatives, especially when they talk to furloughed colleagues or those who elect to work at Express carriers. Do I like this? No way...but the Bureau of Labor statistics are very telling for your work groups skills, especially when one would have to pay about $18,000 for 54 weeks of training before getting hired at a much lower wage, if a job is available.

AOG, can you tell me where these employment numbers are wrong?

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
Aog:

AOG asked: "Yeah Right....what did you do? Poll the eldest 2 IAMguys on the property to get a feel for the majority?"

USA320Pilot comments: Nope, I just talk with people throughout the system. Most people recognize the alternatives, especially when they talk to furloughed colleagues or those who elect to work at Express carriers. Do I like this? No way...but the Bureau of Labor statistics are very telling, especially when one would have to pay about $18,000 for 54 weeks of training before getting hired at a much lower wage, if a job is available.

AOG, can you tell me where these employment numbers are wrong?

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
Yes I can tell you where the figures arw wrong..and it doesn't favor either of our arguements.

The figures are wrong..because they are based on national averages...I choose to look at a brighter and researched regional outlook.

The un-employment figures quoted are also not accurate...they are really far worse than portrayed. Many have become non-tax paying , under the table workers..or have simply dropped of the scale when the benefits ran out. Their choice in most cases. I have other options based in part to seeing the writing on the wall here.

The figures regarding mechanics are great..but hardly anything that concerns me. I can make..and have made better money in the automotive industry in almost alike times when the interest rates were far higher. So yes I have alternatives..and I practice those alternatives out of U's sight very often. The threat of going to an Express operator or wages is wasted on me. If U isn;t here"..or if I'm not here for U? Life will go on....and it won't be with an industry that will take another life time to obtain acceptable recovery in.

U is a job....and I was looking for a job when I got here....and I've never stopped looking in light of U's past and present leadership..or rather lack there of. People are not as tied to U by this or that because the salary is not replaceable...can you honestly say the same for the amount of monthly effort you have to apply while making it?

AOG:

AOG asked: Can you honestly say the same for the amount of monthly effort you have to apply while making it?"

USA320Pilot answers: Yes, I can and I have researched other opportunities and may take another offer, dependent on upcoming negotiations. Just like for you, US Airways is just a job. Furthermore, now that my children are in school full time with extra-circular activities, dependent on my son's health, my wife has opportunities equal to or greater than mine. In fact, I relish the thought of being home more versus living out of a suitcase. Thus, my comments are not about me, but more about the company and its employees.

Sincerely,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
AOG:

AOG asked: Can you honestly say the same for the amount of monthly effort you have to apply while making it?"

USA320Pilot answers: Yes, I can and I have researched other opportunities and may take another offer, dependent on upcoming negotiations. Just like for you, US Airways is just a job. Furthermore, now that my children are in school full time with extra-ciricular activities, dependent on my son's health, my wife has opportunities equal to or greater than mine. Thus, my comments are not about me, but more about the company and its employees.

Sincerely,

USA320Pilot
I suggest that you take stock in your last reply USA320pilot !!

Concern yourself with what matters the most in your life...and the rest of us will do what WE regard as right in our lives.

I would rather die on my feet in this battle with U..as opposed to dying on my knees as you would like to see us do.

Feel free to have the industry bar lowered in your career field , if that's what suits you? ..but don't tell the rest of us what to think..or tell us what's acceptable while you and your MEC are doing so at three times the present wages.

BoeingBoy said:
PineyBob,

"How can UAW, for example serve its membership when each company is unique and specific?"

Therein lies your mistake. Unlike the industries and unions you continually cite, an airline's unions are basically independent units under a national unbrella. Our pilots negotiate our contract - not ALPA national. Our F/A's negotiate their contract - not AFA national. When the negotiations are over, our pilots or F/A's decide to accept the deal or not - not the national union.

Jim
Tell that to the guys that flew for CCAIR. They negotiated their own contract, and promptly saw the company shut down because Duane Woerth would not sign off on it fearing what it may do to the Mesa pilots that were in negotiations at the same time. Seems a lot like what Piney Bob is describing with the Mack Truck guys. An inhouse union that is loyal only to that company's employees and their future is the only way to go.

N628AU,

You are absolutely correct about CCAir. They are the only case I personally know of in my 25 years in the industry, though there could certainly be others. It seems that national was trying to strong-arm the PSA pilots recently but haven't seen anything posted on here as to the outcome.

Jim

USA320Pilot said:
."

USA320Pilot comments: BoeingBoy, that's true for ALPA & the AFA, but not for the IAM.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
Really?

Then why do IAM-fleet's AGC's, whose immediate prior job was USAirways agent, signatures appear in the contract?

Hey somebody tell Teddy she best watch her knickers while she's down in 'Bama!

The doc charmed ALPA right out of theirs! :lol:

Looking back, what is the opinion (from the membership) of the afa not to accept the parity + 1% principle at the time?

AOG:

AOG said: "I would rather die on my feet in this battle with U..as opposed to dying on my knees as you would like to see us do."

USA320Pilot comments: AOG, I simply posted information from the USA Today that quoted the Bureau of Labor. I believe it is prudent for everybody, lurkers and posters alike, to have all of the information. Personally, what you do will not effect me one way or another because the company could easily close the Pittsburgh maintenance facility (I believe that will occur without a competitive cost structure or other opportunities that may come available due to a bankruptcy proceeding) and move it to a very undesirable location, which is not very commutable.

You're right, it's your choice, however, with all due respect, your mistaken in your comment as "opposed to dying on my knees as you would like to see us do." I want you, our colleagues, and everybody at US Airways to have the best that they can.

However, economics have changed this industry forever and David Bronner is not bluffing. He will take those who want to go on the ride and eliminate those who don't. It's sad, but I believe your work group has little if any leverage.

This is all about money -- primarily Bronner's money and he could care less of what you and I think when it comes to market realities.

Good luck my friend.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Pitguy:

Four reasons:

1. Losing the appeal.

2. The ACAA agreement. The Pittsburgh jobs are likely gone without a cost competitive deal and the alternative could be very unpleasant.

3. The company wins most grievances.

4. I believe when you go against Dave Siegel's desires, he places you squarely in the "cross-hairs", which could occur here. If true, wait and see what happens...

Pitguy, I do not like what's happening here any more than you do, but I believe everything listed above provides the the company with a major advantage.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

From the pilot's meeting with Bronner...

Some pilots in attendance later flooded the message boards with positive appraisals of Bronner's performance. One North Carolina pilot, Richard Paul, wrote on a pilots-only Web site, "Jesus couldn't have made a bigger impression than these two did."

The meeting with AFA will be in Alabama according to the news article.
If the flight att reps meet on golf course,and they see Dr. Bronner
walking across a water hazard,I'd listen to what the man had to say...

Latest posts