F/a's To Meet With Bronner

PineyBob,

I'll give you my 2 cents worth as an interested observer.

There are 3 problems with going to arbitration after the 3-judge panel ruled.

1) Going directly to arbitration admits that the dispute is "minor" and cuts off any other avenue.

2) There is no injunction available in the arbitration process, so the company could send work to Alabama until the ruling went against them (if it did).

3) ALPA has learned that the company can be very good at dragging out arbitration for month after month. Meanwhile more airplanes are going to Alabama.

On the other hand, continuing the legal battle has advantages.

1) The possibility of injunctive relief while awaiting a ruling (no luck so far, I guess).

2) The possibility of a court decision quicker than arbitration.

3) The arbitration option is still open even it the court ruling is adverse.

Jim

Well contrary to our esteemed Captains views....I see it as the IAM having no other option but to fight. If we win , we win..if we lose..hello AMFA..and good-bye to more bodies regardless

If we don't fight....Job losses will take place as the Boeing Fleet gets retired...or is expedited into retirement in light of a company sweep through the court or arbitraition prcocess. I think most IAM members beleive and clearly understand that as fact.

Whether we fight or not?...the possiblities regarding PIT Maintenance remaining or closing is still very much in the air. The IAM contract says we own the work..but where it's performed is not an option for the membership. We would either move with the work?..or not? So PIT's fate or any other locations (I.E.) CLT for example is not a sure bet either way. We have to roll with the punches..or roll out the door.

Lastly...your concern for our futures is as about as shallow as spilled gas on hot pavement in my opinion. You have badgered every group on the property to cave just so you can continue making your six figure sum...and living the life of Riley in comparison to the grass roots person here. Nobody believes in your expressed concerns for your fellow employee's. Years of posting to the contrary speaks volumes...and people are not quick to forget.

Sure Doc Bronner calls the money shots..and sure we are treking a slippery slope..but the alternative will not be pleasant for the rank and file IAM member regardless.

Keep in mind..we see everyday what working with them netted us...and thier is no reason to believe that more of the same won't take place if we play along now?

This company has shown no regard for anyones contracts so far...so why on earth are you eager to assume that this time around will be any different?. Fool me once shame on you...Fool me twice , well you know the drill.

INFO Only: My employees cost me about double their W2 wages. Here are a few "unseen" costs: Workman's Comp. Insurance, Medical Insurance, Social Security Insurance, Social Security with holding, State Unemployment Insurance....The list goes on and on.

PineyBob said:
But "what if" management had come to you with a proposal to "Outsource" Airbus MTC and the IAM was to be the provider of the service? US Airways guarantees you a long term MTC contract for the work done on premises with the same people as performed it prior? In effect you would all work for the IAM and would be "Contracted" to US Airways. This could have been based on what I know about outsourcing a win-win situation and my sources tell me it was suggested by US and roundly rejected and laughed off by IAM.
guarantees

guarantees

guarantees

guarantees

READ IT PINEY! "READ IT"

They already did that with our contracts and look where we are.

You are no different than the captain or the management in place, you too are inebriated from the magic fluid and are under the D& D spell, and you're not even an employee!!

Bob,

First of all , it's not my intent to tear you a new one..but sometimes you strike a cord with myself and a few others that gain such a reaction. I think some consider your interests as highly suspect? ..but I tend o give you the benefit of the doubt , being that I'm a reasonable soul unless shoved too hard.

Next issue..had they come to us and asked to outsource the work , yet the IAM was to be the provider. Well Bob...here's the deal in a nutshell. Those whom you ask this of are first and foremost USAirways Employee's...not saying that I'm one of them.

Allowing this work to go to another IAM reprsented shop/facility would do what for the U/IAM Employee/member? You act as if the IAM signs our/their checks or something? :blink: We are trying to keep OUR Work as they say in our facilities with our people performing it. We are not looking to have our work moved any further from where we might be at present..and we are certainl not looking to have or ranks thinned any further by agreeing to anything that would only line the pockets of U and the IAM International alone. This is about us at the grass roots level period. I do not see the IAM or the Membership accepting mearly contracted work..We have seen with total clarity what a contract means when dealing with Dave and Dave..so for my part the answer is a clear "HELL NO"

Your proposal seperates us from being U itself...and we already have entirely too much seperatist factions in place now. Just look around :down:

AOG-N-IT said:
[Let me guess..blind faith is tied only to a lessor salary at the expense of the rest of us here? Tell me how wrong I am , when I say that you would sell us all out to keep 75% or better of what you have at present.
Bitter? Party of One!

aognog i hope and i prey that your not a mechanic... With the words you use it is frightning at best !

usfliboi said:
aognog i hope and i prey that your not a mechanic... With the words you use it is frightning at best !
Perhaps you would be better off to look at your words. This forum is not the place for this. usfliboi there is no need to antagonize AOG-N-IT.

cubfan02us said:
From the pilot's meeting with Bronner...

Some pilots in attendance later flooded the message boards with positive appraisals of Bronner's performance. One North Carolina pilot, Richard Paul, wrote on a pilots-only Web site, "Jesus couldn't have made a bigger impression than these two did."

The meeting with AFA will be in Alabama according to the news article.
If the flight att reps meet on golf course,and they see Dr. Bronner
walking across a water hazard,I'd listen to what the man had to say...
I don't quite know what your post is trying to imply...I gather it means that Bronner walks on water. That maybe for some of the pilots who are afraid of their own shadows, "for christ sake", but AFA is not beholden to this man on any level, shape or form. He is a business man. Period. As a stake holder, if there is no return on his investment, like any gambler, you take the money off the table.

This guy won't be able to utter a word about 'saving jobs' and not wanting to see anyone lose their jobs at U. If he spouts that, that will seem blatantly hypocritical being that 5 airbuses are sitting in his back yard. Work that belongs to OUR people, not workers of Mobile Alabama. Contract language speaks to that, and nothing he can say will erase what he is obviously doing in his actions. RJs being outsourced to the affiliates is another example. He is not for labor, he's for a return on investment, and looking to make a bigger name in his state and across the airline industry. Never heard of him before U.

He is not in a position to help our people on any level. Personally, I don't have a clue why the MEC arranged the visit. Perhaps for a "free lunch". :p

I know if I were going...that would be my only intent. :ph34r: :up:

Hey, don't hold it in PitBull. Tell us how you really feel.

Hi,

Jim

ktflyhome said:
"USAirways Spokesman David Castelveter said yesterday he was encouraged that the Flight Attendant Union had resolved to work with the the Company on cost concessions".
I think that everyone will be surprised after the MEC meets with Dr. Bronner. I expect AFA to follow the same course that ALPA has shown with their 12-0 vote. While I hear that there might be 3 LEC bases that won't participate, I have a strong feeling that these naysayers will come on board soon, even TX will see the light once the majority convinces her to join the movement to save the company.

The Truth said:
ktflyhome said:
"USAirways Spokesman David Castelveter said yesterday he was encouraged that the Flight Attendant Union had resolved to work with the the Company on cost concessions".
I think that everyone will be surprised after the MEC meets with Dr. Bronner. I expect AFA to follow the same course that ALPA has shown with their 12-0 vote. While I hear that there might be 3 LEC bases that won't participate, I have a strong feeling that these naysayers will come on board soon, even TX will see the light once the majority convinces her to join the movement to save the company.
You are out of your mind and out to lunch... LOL......

Some of you guys kill me. That Kool-aide is sure potent LOL...

Latest posts