F/a's To Meet With Bronner

The Truth said:
ktflyhome said:
"USAirways Spokesman David Castelveter said yesterday he was encouraged that the Flight Attendant Union had resolved to work with the the Company on cost concessions".
I think that everyone will be surprised after the MEC meets with Dr. Bronner. I expect AFA to follow the same course that ALPA has shown with their 12-0 vote. While I hear that there might be 3 LEC bases that won't participate, I have a strong feeling that these naysayers will come on board soon, even TX will see the light once the majority convinces her to join the movement to save the company.
I wouldn't bet any money that you can't afford to lose about "TX" coming around to their way of thinking in this lifetime.

Ms. Xidas has seen with clarity what an agreement means when it comes to Seigel and crew. Their agreements are just an open invitation to take what they want within the agreement..then take some more outside of the agreement.

Let's recap. The pilots were praised for their leadership during the concessionary phases....and for their efforts , whoops , there goes their pension funding along with how many hundreds of brothers and sisters?

The F/A's went along...and now they are at bare minimum staffing and their ill and injured live with constant threats of terminatiion.

The Mechanics went along with them after a 2nd vote...and for their trouble we have lost hundreds upon hundreds of jobs in the Mechanic and related field....we were absolutely lied to about the company NOT seeking to outsource the Airbus work....which if lost for good? , will cost 50% of the ranks their jobs in due course.

I can't speak for the CWA other than knowing their ranks have been lessoned or expressed into oblivion.

So with just those issues mentioned , where does good faith , trust or a binding agreement begin to filter in , unless you happen to be in the upper 30% of the senoriy ranks or are making a 6 figure salary that allows for some survivable wiggle room?

Ms Xidas is representing people whom do not make such salaries...and she has seen all to often just how un-trustworthy their word is. Those whom fall under TX's umbrella should be thankfull to have such a person as a representative...God knows I wish she could be recruited into the IAM tonight...I'd likely sleep better knowing I had a person that stands up for her cause lookng after my best interests.

Bob,

No. I did not crawl out of a rock. I never, ever heard of Dr. Bronner before U. He is not a maverick in the business world of fast movers. I was actively day trading from 1988 - 2000. CNBC was my "main stay" at 7 am, until I lost a s$#@$ load of cash and crippled me financially. Nope, never heard of him. HIs exposure was U.

Wall street is risky, and shows no mercy not for Bronner or any shareholder. There are no guarantees. Not at U or in any company that is publically traded.

PineyBob said:
On it being "our" work! The courts have not provided a definitive answer YET. So right now it is as much "MY WORK" as it is anyones. That whole thing is up in the air! You'll note for the most part that the silence regrading the ultimate outcome from the IAM is deafening.
BOB PINEY HEAR ME:

I remember reading YOUR words that the management of this company is dead wrong on taking OUR work, now you are reversing yourself, AFTER meetings with this management. Should that fact surprise anyone on here? NO because Piney has freely admitted, may I say PROUDLY admitted, how he alone had people FIRED and then tries to explain it away, justify it.

I told you PINEY I have been reading YOU and others for a long time and I have a memory like an elephant.

Don't come on here trying to pull the wool with all your puff and blow to the mechanics or any other labor group.

Given your own statements your words are meaningless, without merit, you are holding hands with this management and a certain captain on in concert, one and the same.

How does the supposed motivation of a supposed author change the meaning or merit of the words on your computer screen?

Getting into motivations on the internet is the first step toward mental illness.

RowUnderDCA said:
How does the supposed motivation of a supposed author change the meaning or merit of the words on your computer screen?

Getting into motivations on the internet is the first step toward mental illness.
You mean that folks in cyber can't have motivations???? What the hell is all the posting here, nervous energy?

I guess we're all mental, huh Row? Excluding you, ofcourse...LOL... :lol: What's the last step?

PineyBob said:
So until the appropriate jurisdiction rules definitively, it is not YOUR work!

Your memory appears fine, it's your ability to ascertain the finer nuances of communication that elude you.
First it never was MY work. I am not IAM, but do work close with and through them, they go away so does my team.

I don't care squat what some judge says or doesn't say, I don't care what Dave Siegel says or doesn't say, what's right is right what's wrong is wrong, and this DEAD wrong. This entire thing is over Dave and his blatant lies and deception. Telling the IAM that if they vote in the last concession their scope would remain intact only to reverse his words 180 degrees, you know, like you do.

Even if the IAM loses, it is still their work, it was stolen and anyone of sound and reasonable minds knows this fact. Since 1947 it has been their work and now that Dave and his debased team have arrived that somehow magically changed? You're nuts if you think or believe so. Law, yes law to the right, F_A_R right is what we are dealing with.

I hope and pray that the IAM continues its stand of not so much as talking to these debased individuals called a team.

To me the decision is a simple one. Choose to negotiate or take your chances in the legal system in all of it various versions.
you are overlooking the most basic tenet of this entire issue,and one of our arguements.during 1 round of contract negotiations and 2 rounds of concessionary barganing the company had the opportunity to negotiate this issue to its end and they chose not to.also they new from the day the first bus arrived that 5 years basically from that date it would need hvy checks accomplished....nowhere during that time frame did U attempt to "negotiate".
what did they do?? they waited until approximately 30 days before the first check was due and decide to go to court to see if they could weasel out of their obligation.
thats it...ad finitum...weasel out of their commitment.
do you understand that bob?
weasel out of their commitment.

Just a little tidbit: Couldn't sleep last night and ended up watching the 1976 move "Network" on A@E, with William Holden and Faye Dunaway. For those of you who don't remember the main Newsman "Mr. Beale" went kind of looney and had folks all over the country yelling out their windows, "I'm as mad as Hell and I'm not going to take this anymore"!!!! It is interesting to see a movie made in 1976 when Ford was Pres show how media and fear can intimidate and brainwash the average public. How we as a country are used and exploited for power, corporate greed, numbers and ratings.

Then the big Boss steps in played by Ned Beatty. The man calling all the shots(the man with all the bucks) after he has been exposed for the lying, cheating, manipulating and selling out of working class. He takes Mr. Beale aside, who already is having some mental problems, and puts the Fear of God in him. Mr. Beale goes back to the public and tells them a whole different story....Mr. Boss's way.

The public doesn't buy it because they are made not to be or feel Human anymore. Just robots.By, doing it Mr. Bosses way, the rating drop, money is lost and Mr. Beale is done away with. Shot cold on Nationwide TV by so called militants but arranged by the Brass at the Top. The very ones who made Mr. Beale a success were the one to stop him dead in his tracks...when they weren't making the money.

Very interesting movie. Really gives thought that much has not inherently changed in 28 years. <_<

Piney Bob,

I think everyone shares your concerns as to what will take place if the IAM prevails? I think the majority see that running the risk is far better than wholesale capitulation too.

Until a person can become "self-employed" "The Risks" will always be there , when you have to march to someone elses drum beat.

Sure the rank and file IAM'er along with everyone else here , is at managements mercy to a degree....but just caving to their whims places us in just as much of a risk.

I believe everyone thinks that additional numbers are going to be lost either way. W2's will likely decline , benefits will certainly decline and we will lose headcount wether we win or lose.....but if opposition is not mounted in some form? , you are sending them a message that states that what they are doing or failing to do regarding employee relations and our very operations is just OK with us. Well simply put it's not. The previous 1.9 Billion in concessions has not netted the desired changes or results that we hoped....and another 1.5 Billion will do nothing more than tick off those whom are lucky enough to remain...or choose to remain.

Many think it's just the unionized employee's that are un-happy and vocal about it...but I'm seeing middle management types , engineers and all sorts of other non-union employees bailing on a near weekly basis. The exodus at CCY allbeit a good thing in most cases is another clear indication of whats failing to take place here.

openview said:
Looking back, what is the opinion (from the membership) of the afa not to accept the parity + 1% principle at the time?
I'll take that one. Parity had to do with the other airlines and their f/a's worth. Unfortunatley, the company put Delta in as a big equation with this deal. Delta has no union. Their company robs from them when they feel and only gives back when there is a threat of unionizing. What happens to them could profoundly effect us if anything happened and Delta forced big paycuts.

Bottom line? I work for US Airways...not DAL, AMR, UAL, SWA, or CAL. What those companies do is of no outright concern. That's just one person's opinion.

Latest posts