CWA Elections. Did you know?

Ridiculous. Guy running for re-election has all the names of members. He's in charge of sending out ballots, come on. He's in charge of collecting the ballots, wow. What despot is running this election, Idi Amin?

Most of the Bylaws for the US CWA Locals are similar since they were all formed at the same time. I'm sure there might be some differences, but probably not very much. Ask your Secretary to see your Bylaws (or request a copy be sent, ask your Stewards, etc).
It probably states in Article XIV, Section 2, C: A member shall not be permitted to serve on the Election Committee if he/she is a candidate for any office of the Local.
If this is the case and someone on the Election Committee is also running for office, file a challenge to the election with the Election Committee, CWA and Dept of Labor.

There are ways to be sure that dupe ballots cant/wont be counted. There is a whole section on the CWA website in the UOPM (Uniform Operating Procedure Manual) located Here. If you think things arent being done right, might want to check it out and be sure they are doing it like its required.

Still havent heard if we're going to get a new election, but just heard that another station wasnt aware of the website or election, so I can see where this is headed if things arent corrected.

Reactions: 1 person
Here's an update I just had to post.

First joke, the despot running this election loses. :D

Second joke, the turd is contesting the election. :lol:

Man, you have to have some pretty big cojones to contest an election that you ran.

I had read that res has a different attendance control program from the airports, so I checked into. Differences are in bold:

Attendance Points
The Attendance Program is administered by an on-going review of an employee's absence record. This is a point based system:
Late up to 5 min = ¼ (.25) point
Late 6 -14 min = ½ (.50) point
Late 15 – 120 min = 1 point
Late 121 + min = 2 points
Unexcused absence / Sick = 1 point
No Show = 1 level progression
A sick absence that covers consecutive days or one illness is considered one point Non-illness related absences may be counted as multiple points

Same union, same "class and craft", different rules. Nice going. Hey, does anyone know how the CWA's grievance against the ACP is going?

Well, the handpicked election comitee of the Despot has overuled the election. :blink:

Mubarak, Ahmadinejad, Bashar al-Assad, Gaddafi all would be proud.

Union thuggery at it's best.

Not only does the CWA ignore you, they ignore your vote too!

Reactions: 2 people
Make sure you dont miss the timeline if you contest it. Seems CWA doesnt care what the charges are ( real or perceived), if you miss the timeline they dont even care what you claim happened, its all good at that point.

Well, the handpicked election comitee of the Despot has overuled the election. :blink:

Mubarak, Ahmadinejad, Bashar al-Assad, Gaddafi all would be proud.

Union thuggery at it's best.

Not only does the CWA ignore you, they ignore your vote too!

Yes, I've run this before, but I think of it every time the CWA "election" process comes up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvKIWjnEPNY