CWA Tentative Agreement?

Although the CWA ought not to be arrogant, it is most likely that the AMR agents will vote for them in any upcoming election. They almost won the last vote straight out. At any rate, the CWA had less leverage than the IAM at this point since it is dealing with a possible removal from the company. The IAM path is already clear, i.e., The Association.
The CWA cant collect cards for an outright election, there is a two year bar, they have to get 2,000 or so cards and file single carrier status for the alliance, remember the CWA/IBT Alliance is who represents the CSA and RES at US.

Otherwise, no union and no cba.

Are you kidding me?

They got 2% then 3.9% and a $500 bonus, no pension, no increase in anything else.

And you do realize they might end up non-union with no contract and 18 months is an amendable date, noting is gotten right then, they have been negotiating since 11/11 and thats all they got.

If the IAM brought that back to fleet you would burn the place down, and dont forget they are going to let non-union AA employees and vendors so union covered work.

And at United the IAM was negotiating since 04/2009, brought back an agreement with 50+ stations on the chopping block, worst scope in the industry, highest medical contributions and yet IAM officials claimed it provided job security and is something they worked extremely hard at and are very proud of. The sellout union wanted dues from the CO passenger service agents ASAP. The IAM has done nothing since the T/A was rejected in March. And as you always say, it doesn't impact you, you are not and have never been a CWA member, the membership will decide.

Josh

THE BOTTOM LINE​
VENDOR= OUTSOURCING​
NO FURLOUGH GUARANTEE= DISPLACEMENT​
(your not furloughed, we have plenty of openings in PHL)​

Brothers /Sisters the CWA/IBT LCC CSR's tentative CBA has former and current IBT /IAM Members STINK on it worse then CHUM . FRAMING it as ALL will benefit and will be improved after Merger /SCS. IMO. Have not seen it, but my bet and intuition based on LCC game book chapters ; Wink and Nod, Divide and Conquer, Management Knows Best, and TRUST US.

The CWA cant collect cards for an outright election, there is a two year bar, they have to get 2,000 or so cards and file single carrier status for the alliance, remember the CWA/IBT Alliance is who represents the CSA and RES at US.

Otherwise, no union and no cba.
Your gloom and doom forecast is not supported with logic. The CWA/IBT will be fine. When single carrier is reached, they will present the necessary showing of support. There is no two year waiting period for this as you incorrectly noted [kindly review merger procedures and SCS]. Based on the evidence, the CWA/IBT will win any election due to the fact that they only fell a couple hundred votes short in the AMR election, then throw on all of the CWA members. Nothing to take for granted but I'd put the CWA/IBT as the odds on heavy favorite.

You need to reread what I posted, I said there cant be a normal union election as there is a two year bar, I said due to the SCS to be filed they can get cards for that.

Its a private US/AA Passenger Service Agents group.
any other groups? What the hell was the Passenger service agent association thinking? Did they barter your leverage away to get the company to promise to stay out of any election? Is this true of a 2% now and a 3.9% at 'the effective date?" Isn't that only $22.40 then back to negotiating for another 5 years? Any protection, like extra wage gains after the amendable if management decides to drag out negotiations?

One thing is sure, these Dumb A unions need to stop playing their B S games. We all know that if there isn't any incentive at the amendable date that negotiations warp into la la land.

You need to reread what I posted, I said there cant be a normal union election as there is a two year bar, I said due to the SCS to be filed they can get cards for that.
I'm sorry but was someone talking about a normal election? I think you cut and paste dopey stuff because you don't really know what you are talking about.

BTW, I know Blue Collar personally and he is a sharp guy. Are you going to answer his post about how the IAMPF is also OUR MONEY?

Are you kidding me?

They got 2% then 3.9% and a $500 bonus, no pension, no increase in anything else.

And you do realize they might end up non-union with no contract and 18 months is an amendable date, noting is gotten right then, they have been negotiating since 11/11 and thats all they got.

If the IAM brought that back to fleet you would burn the place down, and dont forget they are going to let non-union AA employees and vendors so union covered work.
Unless I'm not understanding this correctly, they will end up with a total of a 5.9% wage increase. On top of that they have it much better than fleet already along with over 20 stations that fleet has lost. From what I'm reading the only scope they are losing is in common stations with AA, which is short term. Will they lose all of the stations that fleet has as a result?

I'm sorry but was someone talking about a normal election? I think you cut and paste dopey stuff because you don't really know what you are talking about.

BTW, I know Blue Collar personally and he is a sharp guy. Are you going to answer his post about how the IAMPF is also OUR MONEY?

With a 401k... It’s not your money until you actually contribute it to the plan. NO contribution = NO match… you lose! I have personally spoken with over half of the younger members (less than 10 years) in my department, and most do NOT contribute to the 401k… nor would they even if we had a company match. They do not care about 30 years from now… they want every penny NOW!

Now, with the IAMNPF you have no option but to participate, and the Company contribution is automatic. This fact will save most of these members from a life of poverty in a few decades when they retire!

The current monthly distribution numbers for a vested member that has participated since the inception of the IAMNPF is now equal to over $200,000.00 in a 401k! I have spoken to over half of the older members (with 20 years or more), and very few have over $70,000.00 in their 401k’s. Actually, a lot of them screwed up post 911 when the markets tanked, and they pulled their money out of equities. What this essentially did was to “lock them into” that loss with no chance of making it up, even with today’s soaring markets!

Face it… the average blue collar worker is not a good investor. Corporate America knows this, which is why they lobbied for 401k legislation in the 70’s to replace their pension obligations. It has saved them BILLIONS… and cost American workers BILLIONS!

Back